Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I got all the hats washed, dryed, and ready to go, so here they are, spread out on my table. There are 50 hats in this box. One of my girls added one at our meeting to bring it to such a nice, even number. (I am going to add that one to my count, though, since it's going in my box.) I made most of these last year.

Great job!

Beth and Donna, your stuff loks GREAT!

Here is a link that I thought I would share with all of you.

http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=knit1

Thanks for the link. I signed up!

Here are the hats I've been working on.

Those look great!

Hi! I see everyone's busy. Dorothy, I am in awe of you!

I'm almost finished with a lapghan that has become a weariness. I'm using some Bernat Printemps (I think it is) which is a nice variegated, but not at all the color I expected when I ordered it. My monitor truly lied about this one. When I was putting colors with it, what I finally ended up with was three browns. Brown is my least fovorite color to work with - I have never liked it. I had just finished up before Thanksgiving a gift afghan, brown by request, that dragged on practically forever, and here I am doing another one. Ho hum doesn't quite cover it. But it's almost finished and then I'm going to play with some COLOR!

I have one started using navy and RH melonberry for base colors, with some other accent colors that go with the melonberry. I can't wait to get back to that one. And, of course, some snuggles. I'm loving doing this little projects that can be finished up quickly.

Ok, don't tell me what happened on the Biggest Loser, I have it TiVo'd to watch tonight. I just found out that another store location where we have our cats for adoption is completely out of soft toys (each cat gets at least one "soft" toy and one ball) so I will be working on those while I catch up and see what that darn Don (or is it Dan) is up to this week.

Love the red,white and blue blankie and hat. You must be doing those hats with your eyes shut!

You will have to tell me what you think of what happened on the biggest loser... I was not happy with what Don did.

Thank you all for the complements. I have started another pinwheel sweater and the yarn is picked out for the next one. My twins want one. So the first one is in bernatt baby pink and white and the next one will bee in the green and white.

It's a shame that about a thousand people would have taken their (Dan/Don) slots. I am guessing they chugged water right before the weigh-in.

I got some toys made but not nearly enough so I will keep at it this weekend too. The girl in charge of the other store said she didn't want to bother me asking for toys because she knew my mom had been in the hospital. Which is ironic because those toys were just about my brain-function-level while she was there. So now I will just make at least two every night before I go to bed and keep a stock. Hold me to that ladies!

Wow, those are fun sweaters. The last two days have been crazy cold for Arizona! I actually wore a sweater to work today.

I never did keep track of the toys. I suppose I can start now. I need to walk around the house and gather up all of the ones my two "kids" have made off with. I drop them on the floor for them to play with while I'm making them and then my hubby thinks it's fun to fling them across the room and watch them go after them. He hasn't taught them how to bring them back into a nice pile at the end of their play session though!!

I have another mat done. I will post a picture tomorrow.

Nice sweaters Dorothy!

My kids run off with toys when I make them too Denise. I can't get them to pick up when they're done either. But If I do and put them all in the basket under the tv, they go and dig through and pick out the one they want to play with, not just grab whichever is on top.

I finally finished all the finger puppets for Valentine's Day!! :clap Now I'm working on finishing up a second HAP blanket and will get those mailed on Monday. I will also include a few rectangles so I will update my rectangle count when those go in the mail. I plan on working on some HMB squares and HAP rectangles in the next few weeks. Nice easy projects.

post-16766-135897624757_thumb.jpg

post-16766-135897624762_thumb.jpg

post-16766-135897624764_thumb.jpg

I am speechless at the sight of the mound of finger puppets. Hats off to your generosity, patience, and perseverance. How long does it take to make one?

I finished up a lapghan for the hospice. This uses up colors that I just wanted to use up, so it pegged away at the stash a little.

This uses Bernat Printemps something or other, I Love This Yarn Toasted Almond, and RH Buff and, I think, Warm Brown (is that the name of one of their colors? something like that.) It's Attic24's wavy ripple pattern. The browns are more prominent than I would have preferred, but I wasn't going to re-do when that became apparent. It doesn't show in the picture, but the lighest brown is a match for bits in the springtime variegated.

post-39480-135897624767_thumb.jpg

Archived