Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

Hello Ladies!! I had to work almost 12 hours today. So naturally I took my crochet bag. I did 7 hats today at work. Denver Childrens Hospital called and they are in desprate need of micro premie hats. So that is what 2 of them are. I hope that you like the pic!

post-19553-13589761676_thumb.jpg

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great bunch of hats Dorothy!

Welcome JigglyPuff!

Went looking for small balls of yarn to make yo-yo's & Granny daughters for the yo-yo's for charity thread, and........

found

another

snuggle!

I had made it from an 8" (I think) pawprint square pattern and just added more solid space to get it to size.

the one with the hexagons is taken partially from a ILTY label's afghan pattern, then added in the edges to make it more round.

then;

CAT PICTURES!

I went to lay my RR out on my bed to take a picture, looked over, and Mia was snuggled in my sock drawer. We had just finished laundry, guess I didn't close the drawer the whole way and she squeezed herself in there.

And our RR model is Skinny. I disturbed him to lay out the RR so I had to let him model it. He's my oldest cat at 11 1/2.

post-6085-135897616771_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897616775_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897616777_thumb.jpg

post-6085-13589761678_thumb.jpg

thanks for the add Dorothy and Wrennie such cute cats you have I have five cats . I look forward to making the pet mats cause I really need to do something about this yarn stash I have I knit and crochet so this should keep me busy for a while. :crocheting

Wrennie, I love all your pics the cat in the drawer is priceless. I used to have a cat that would go behind the stove and crawl into the drawer on the bottom of it.

Jigglypuff I hope this CAL helps with your stash problem. I have a wall of yarn in my house but all 3 of my kidos corchet or knit so it is not a problem here. I love yarn and think my wall adds character to my craft room.

Not Fair!!! You deserve a day off. And your yarn misses you.

Oh don't I wish I could spend the day watching movies and the fireplace. Hanging out with yarn. At this point the next day off I get I will have to spend the entire thing cleaning. The joys of in home health care! My boss keeps telling me that I am the best employee that she has. I go to work on time, care about my clients and they all request me. Boy cloning would be great.:devil

That stinks. But you'll have more money to buy yarn with!

That is true. I have a wonderfull hubby that dosen't care how much yarn and craft stuff I buy. I have a entire wall of yan in my house. :blush Plus there is yarn hidden in other places.

Hidden?!?!? I thought your wall was a boatload! Now I find theres ballast too?!?! :rofl

Finished a few more yo-yo's.

You are to funny! I have to work yet again today. Hopefully it wilo be a short day like I am scheduled for but things can always change...

last year I started a Cathedral Rose Window afghan. I got tired of working on it and put it way. Well I got it back out so I could do some of the heptagons. I need 16 big ones and 32 little ones. I wish I could say that I have half of them done but I don't.

Yippee. Mom got out of the hospital yesterday. Now the hard work starts at home. Her condition is no better, but she is so glad to be home that I think she will at least feel better, more relaxed now.

Yippee. Mom got out of the hospital yesterday. Now the hard work starts at home. Her condition is no better, but she is so glad to be home that I think she will at least feel better, more relaxed now.

I am so glad that she is home! It is hard work. I do in home health care. Most of my clients do a ot better and recover faster if they can be surrounded by their own things. I am still trying to get some things together for her. I have been working doubles so by the time I get home I am ready for bed.:hug

Well I Decided that I needed a day off work today so I called in. I have not called in ever. I feel kinda bad about it. I worry about my clients and I always worry about them. I called my clients today and told them if they needed me they could call and I would come over. Should I feel Bad? :blush

Dorothy, Oh no, you should most definitely not feel bad about taking a day off after working more than you are scheduled. You have to take care of yourself, and your family, and honestly, I don't know how you do all you do. I think it's sweet that you called your clients.

Not feeling much crochet mojo right now. I've been battling sinus headaches for a while.

Checking in ....

Dorothy, I'm glad you're getting some time off. When I end up working a lot of extra time, I become almost frantic for some home time. Everyone needs some time in the nest.

I see a lot is being done. I'm off most of the time between now and the 28th - I have a couple of short shifts when there just isn't anyone else to do it -- before I start six weeks of a grinding schedule. this happily coincides with the January charity CAL, and crocheting is going to the top of my to-do list for the time. There may not be much for a while after.

My computer at home is having serious internet issues, so I'll probably only be posting off and on when I'm at work. I'll get some pictures up on Sunday or Tuesday when I'm at work for a few hours. I still haven't shown off my snuggles!

Hey Dorothy, I support a day of hooky to spend with your hook. My mom's home care is supposed to start tomorrow. We have a physical therapist coming and a "visitor" from a place called Senior Helpers. They don't do health care. Just check on her, help her make lunch, help with light chores or play cards or whatever she wants.

I wonder if they have any crocheters on staff like you! Mom would NEVER get better if she had someone come everyday that could help her advance her crochet skills!!

Hey Dorothy, I support a day of hooky to spend with your hook. My mom's home care is supposed to start tomorrow. We have a physical therapist coming and a "visitor" from a place called Senior Helpers. They don't do health care. Just check on her, help her make lunch, help with light chores or play cards or whatever she wants.

I wonder if they have any crocheters on staff like you! Mom would NEVER get better if she had someone come everyday that could help her advance her crochet skills!!

You would be suprised how much having the same interests with "the healing person" can help. I have a client that is a avid crocheter and she says the best part of her emotional healing is knowing that I am comming out and that if she needs any quetion answered or is looking for a new pattern to try I will have it or know where to get it. I also take her to lys and hobby lobby just to pet yarns. Her daughter called me about a month after I started working with her to tell me that it was a pure joy for her mom to have me there to "help" :hook She also said that she has seen vast improvements in her moms moods and that she was able to get off one of her meds for depression. Another one of her daughter came to visit from out of state and left me a very sweet Thank you note. I hope that the people that are comming in to help with your mom can become friends with her.

babypoohsmom, I'm glad your mom is home. I hope her spirits improve, and so does her health, when she is in familiar surroundings.

Dorothy, How much time do you spend with each client every day? Do you have a route that you follow?

I finished a hat yesterday.

babypoohsmom, I'm glad your mom is home. I hope her spirits improve, and so does her health, when she is in familiar surroundings.

Dorothy, How much time do you spend with each client every day? Do you have a route that you follow?

I finished a hat yesterday.

My days are never the same. I have a 2 hour minimum that I spend with my clients. I will not do less than that. For a couple reasons. First is it is hard to bond with some one that you only get to see for a couple miniutes. Second the gas it takes to get places and the drive time. For the most part I don't follow a route. What ever client needs me is where i go. It can get very confusing but they need me. :manyheart There are some clients I am only with once a week an others that I am with 5 days. some are nights some are mornings.

Archived