Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bosses can be so unreasonable about the need to come to work!

I have a lot of downtime at work, but crocheting isn't something I can really do. Once in a while I will quite late at night, but always feel rather furtive about it. It's not "professional." The students and docs in the library that late know that our work is done and we just playing around on the computers killing time until closing, but still, looking at a computer screen is more workplace-like than leaning back and crocheting. I'm sure the Director would not be happy if anyone took it upon themselves to mention it so I try to be good. I can always surf for patterns! That's inconscpicuous.

I got a bunch of projects lined out tonight. Ready to go!

:drool

Ditto!

It is very hard to leave my room to go to work. For some strange reason the boss lady thinks I need to go to earn a paycheck. Sheesh you think she would understand....

Whats wrong with her? :lol

Thats alotta yarn! I thought my tub was too full, now I don't think I have enough!

I finished a square for the 12" CAL, and it is a bit expanded from the pattern and now a snuggle! :woo

post-6085-135897611231_thumb.jpg

Bosses can be so unreasonable about the need to come to work!

I have a lot of downtime at work, but crocheting isn't something I can really do. Once in a while I will quite late at night, but always feel rather furtive about it. It's not "professional." The students and docs in the library that late know that our work is done and we just playing around on the computers killing time until closing, but still, looking at a computer screen is more workplace-like than leaning back and crocheting. I'm sure the Director would not be happy if anyone took it upon themselves to mention it so I try to be good. I can always surf for patterns! That's inconscpicuous.

I got a bunch of projects lined out tonight. Ready to go!

You need to work where I work! I volunteer at the desk at the ballet studio where my daughter dances. When I'm not actively doing something, I crochet. Since I don't get paid, nobody has any right to complain, and if they did, I'd quit. I started working 3 days a month, now I work 12, and it's just too much.

Ditto!

Whats wrong with her? :lol

Thats alotta yarn! I thought my tub was too full, now I don't think I have enough!

I finished a square for the 12" CAL, and it is a bit expanded from the pattern and now a snuggle! :woo

Lovely snuggle!

Well It snowed here last night. aout 9 inches. We are expecting 10 more today. I called my boss this morning and told her that I didn't think it was safe to take my clients out in this weather it is only 3 degrees here too. So I have the day off work!!! I am thrilled! I can sit and crochet or knit. I do have to go out this afternoon and pick up my pay check but that is all I have to do! WOOO HOOO!!

Wrennie the square looks great!

Love the yarn shelves! I need to organize my stash so I can find colors easily. I wanted to do it before the new year but it's December 30th and I'm busy crocheting a throw as a bday gift before a party Sunday so that's not going to happen. I have it in plastic bins and big tote bags on wheels but I can't see through them and have to go digging so it's time to change it up. I got large clear plastic bags with zippers to reorganize with. I did notice the other day that it is shrinking so I won't have as much work to do. I may have to start buying yarn though...that would just be terrible...wouldn't it:yay

Yeah! I got a reply from the animal shelter and they do want snuggles! The woman who replied said she gets an e-mail now and then, but they have never received any. I can drop them off on adoption days at a pet shop, so that will be super easy. I told her I probably couldn't get any by the January adoption day -- I need to finish up a hospice lapghan and a baby blanket that's almost done, but that she could count on it for February.

I have a LOT of Caron One Pounder I've bought at sales. I thought I would like it for the lapghans, but I've decided I really don't. It's a nice dense yarn and should be perfect for the snuggles.

I have a lot of boring housework I either have to do today or just give up and abandon the apartment. But tomorrow I'm decreeing a crochet day.

Happy New Years Eve! I was suppsed to work again today but. We got hit by a massive snow storm. And my little clients can't deal with the snow and sever cold so I have the day off. I am going to make a huge prime rib and all the fixins today! The only other thing I am going to do is crochet and play wii with my babies.

Donna if you give up and abandon the apartment you can always come here. I have plenty of yarn ...

Wow, Dorothy! I could bring mine too and could we have fun! We'd eat well too. Better than I'm going to do for myself today. I'm thinking maybe a pot of beans on my end.

Wow, Dorothy! I could bring mine too and could we have fun! We'd eat well too. Better than I'm going to do for myself today. I'm thinking maybe a pot of beans on my end.

If you an get here. I have a big TV lots of movies, lots of yarn, hooks, kneedles and a hide a bed in the craft room along with a fireplace. You might have a hard time getting here as we are having a snow storm. I would guess about 8 - 10 inches of the white icky stuff and it is still cmming down!

I'll be ringing in the new year on the sofa with a bottle of dayquil. On the upside I can crochet while I sit.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year.

I am sorry that you are feeling under the weather! I hope that you make a speedy recovery!

:2snowI take back my earlier post about the ammount of snow that we have :snow !!! Hubby and I just went out and re arranged the cars in the driveway :wbrr I moved the car up to the garage ( to much snow to drive it) and put the truck and the durango in front so we have two 4x4's out to drive. As we were scracping the snow off cars.... I measured the snow. 16 inches!!!! :flake

Was looking over this thread and wanted to thank those of you who are making HAP Rectangles for your project!!! :ty

Your help in bringing warmth and comfort to those wounded in service to our country is highly appreciated!!! :clap

I've made a little beginning. One snuggle done, and another, from the square of the month croche-along I just need to add two or three rows to so it will be a little bigger.

I may not be crocheting much the next week or so. I'm thinking of getting out the jigsaw puzzles. I haven't done any for quite a while, and when I do them, I'm obsessive. Like 14 hours at the table, reluctantly tearing myself away when I realize I'm very hungry. Of course, I keep working on them while I eat once the meal is ready. That's audio book time though, so it will help the Combo Crochet Along!

I've made a little beginning. One snuggle done, and another, from the square of the month croche-along I just need to add two or three rows to so it will be a little bigger.

I may not be crocheting much the next week or so. I'm thinking of getting out the jigsaw puzzles. I haven't done any for quite a while, and when I do them, I'm obsessive. Like 14 hours at the table, reluctantly tearing myself away when I realize I'm very hungry. Of course, I keep working on them while I eat once the meal is ready. That's audio book time though, so it will help the Combo Crochet Along!

You sound like me with the puzzles. My square of the month's are all turning into snuggles. I add a few rows to make them just a bit bigger sometimes, and sometimes leave them at 12" for the smaller kitties.

I have not done a puzzle in ages. Unless you count the ones that I do with my twins. (200 pieces or less)

I got home from work today and my puppy had gotten into my crochet basket. :angry She chewed up a bamboo hook and a hat that only had one row on it left to do! neither the hat or the hook was able to be saved.:( Hubby and all the kids were home and no one saw her do it! They are all in as much trouble as the puppy.

Oh no!!! Your poor bamboo hook and hat!!! I hope the puppy won't have any intestinal distress from it. How old? What breed? I love animals! I'm just glad my puppy and my twins are past the chewing stage!

Oh no!!! Your poor bamboo hook and hat!!! I hope the puppy won't have any intestinal distress from it. How old? What breed? I love animals! I'm just glad my puppy and my twins are past the chewing stage!

My twins are past the chewing stage too. Unfortunatly the puppy isn't. Her name is Cleo and she is almost 4 months old and a Great Dane! She weighs in at 42.8 pounds righe now. Here is a Picture of her!

post-19553-13589761208_thumb.jpg

post-19553-135897612088_thumb.jpg

Archived