Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

Wow, everyone has been so busy. The picture of that pile of finger puppets makes me want to pass out! All of that tiny work.

Both afghans are nice. I don't think any of your browns are too brown Donna, but I know pictures can lie about color. But keep in mind that you have been looking at it for a long time. We are most critical of our own work, aren't we? I love the Attic 24 ripple. I have two ghans started now so I forbade myself a new one. But it will be next!

PS to Wrennie. One of my cats does that too. Digs through the bin like he's looking for his favorite toy.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for the compliments on the finger puppets!! If I made them one at a time it takes about 45 minutes for each puppet. But I make them in an assembly line so it seems to go a lot faster. They are made from ww yarn so the details aren't too bad as far as tiny work goes. They are about the size of an adult's pointer and ring finger put together.

Here is the most recent mat! You can't tell from the picture, but there is some yarn with sparkles in it.

post-13802-135897624846_thumb.jpg

My hubby decided at the last minute that he wants to buy tonight's UFC fight, so I will have about 3 hours of couch time tonight. I'll probably get another one done.

Also here is a sample of the little fleece pillows I am making to decorate the adoption center for Valentine's Day. They are 8 or 9 inches square.

post-13802-13589762485_thumb.jpg

I finally finished all the finger puppets for Valentine's Day!! :clap Now I'm working on finishing up a second HAP blanket and will get those mailed on Monday. I will also include a few rectangles so I will update my rectangle count when those go in the mail. I plan on working on some HMB squares and HAP rectangles in the next few weeks. Nice easy projects.

Wowwwww!!!! that is a LOT of finger puppets! What a great valentine's gift, though. What fun! And I love the afghan. I like how you arranged the squares.

I am speechless at the sight of the mound of finger puppets. Hats off to your generosity, patience, and perseverance. How long does it take to make one?

I finished up a lapghan for the hospice. This uses up colors that I just wanted to use up, so it pegged away at the stash a little.

This uses Bernat Printemps something or other, I Love This Yarn Toasted Almond, and RH Buff and, I think, Warm Brown (is that the name of one of their colors? something like that.) It's Attic24's wavy ripple pattern. The browns are more prominent than I would have preferred, but I wasn't going to re-do when that became apparent. It doesn't show in the picture, but the lighest brown is a match for bits in the springtime variegated.

Very very pretty!!! Thank you so much for sharing the source of the pattern. I have a ripple on my wim-list. I just couldn't decide which one to use.

Here is the most recent mat! You can't tell from the picture, but there is some yarn with sparkles in it.

[ATTACH]34486[/ATTACH]

My hubby decided at the last minute that he wants to buy tonight's UFC fight, so I will have about 3 hours of couch time tonight. I'll probably get another one done.

Also here is a sample of the little fleece pillows I am making to decorate the adoption center for Valentine's Day. They are 8 or 9 inches square.

[ATTACH]34487[/ATTACH]

So pretty!!! What a nice homey touch for the shelters for Valentine's day.

Feel better Dorothy!

I used up 7 balls from my stash and made the green snuggles. (The last one is hard to see, its dark green around that very light green rectangle)

I can't remember if I'd posted the red one, which is more burgundy than the picture looks. Vixen saw me taking pictures and decided she was a much better subject so she's sitting on the blue one I made last week. And Hunter wanted fair time so there he is too on the RR.

I have to count in my bag, I'm not sure if I updated the count since last week or not.

post-6085-135897625476_thumb.jpg

post-6085-13589762548_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897625483_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897625487_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897625489_thumb.jpg

Here are the toys I made during the fight on Saturday night.

post-13802-135897626021_thumb.jpg

Holy cow Dorothy. I just read your siggy! 418 yo-yos already? Did anyone tell you that it's only February 7th? Now I know you don't sleep! BTW, who is Taylor??

[ATTACH]34618[/ATTACH]

Holy cow Dorothy. I just read your siggy! 418 yo-yos already? Did anyone tell you that it's only February 7th? Now I know you don't sleep! BTW, who is Taylor??

Very Cute toys! Taylor is my oldest aughter she is a member (Taylorlynn) here She just turned 15. So If she is going to crochet and do things for charity then I will help enable it!

Hey Wrennie, those really are nice. I guess mine will continue to be super scrappy. I work with some pretty small balls of yarn! But maybe I'll have to make some "pretty" ones once in awhile!

The green multi used up 7 different colors of green. Some were close in shade so it doesnt look as scrappy as it really is.

[ATTACH]34618[/ATTACH]

Great bunch of toys!

[ATTACH]34618[/ATTACH]

My cats want to come play at your house!!!

Dorothy - 15 and she's putting blocks together? Can you send her to my house? I have not learned to join blocks yet!

And Wrennie, you could have fooled me on the green one. It looks like all one color to me. Good job blending those greens. Last night I tied together some yarn scraps that came from a needlepoint kit so each length was about 12". Now that will be a very random "magic ball" of yarn.

Beth, your kitties can stop by and play any time. Dickens could use a play date. He misses Panda (mom's cat) now that she is home from the hospital!

Great, 7 year olds are whipping my butt! Maybe I should stop by your house? I'm not sure what I'd do with a 15 year old. When I was that age I read books for fun! Maybe she could help me learn my iPod Touch?

Well, to give myself some credit, I was using my mom's sewing machine when I was 7. I only learned to crochet about 3 or so years ago. For over a year, all I did was giant granny's square blankets. Thank goodness for "Theresa" and her blog or I might never have been brave enough to try anything else!

Archived