Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

Hi all, I just posted this over on Nicole's weekend charity blitz, but I am putting it here too. I am excited that I got to update my signature! I started this during the last charity weekend when my mom went in the hospital. So here it is:

post-13802-135897618747_thumb.jpg

My mom really does like her "helper" so that is great. She will spend 2 hours a day with her. I think it will be good for my mom to have someone besides her family telling her that it's ok to accept help.

Oh, I'll show you my babies! First is Pooh. Dumped in a recycle bin and came out the back of the truck when the load was dumped. He was lucky that the load was light and the driver didn't compact at the end of his route.

post-13802-135897618758_thumb.jpg

Dickens (after Charles Dickens - but the other interpretation works) dumped at the local park/library and was getting picked on by the feral cats and peacocks. We fostered him and he stayed!!

post-13802-135897618761_thumb.jpg

Panda, born to a feral mom. He and his brothers were bottle fed by me and my mom. My parents adopted him. 'Scuse the underwear, it was laundry day.

post-13802-135897618764_thumb.jpg

And just for fun, the cutest foster baby ever. I wanted to name her Sweetie or Sweetness, but thought that was too kitsch so I named her Payton after Walter Payton (I'll wait here while some of you go check with your husbands on that one!)

post-13802-135897618767_thumb.jpg

Sorry this post is so long. I don't know how to get my pictures side by side.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Dorothy, then you know that Walter Payton was known as "Sweetness". I cried like a baby when he died.

Beth, I've never known anyone who had a cat with FIV. Is he/she on a lot of meds? I started volunteering with a no-kill shelter soon after we rescued Pooh when I realized how bad the problem was. To be honest I do better with animals than people, although I do make hats for the vets. I am actually off to PetSmart right now to check on one of our cats who the manager says isn't feeling well. I might have to take him back to the shelter. I am also very active with TNR (trap, neuter and return) which helps control the feral population.

Well sorry, enough OT stuff. I got a new yarn ball winder for christmas and my mom really liked using her bad hand to crank it while she was recovering, so I have lots of yarn ready for cat mats. Hope to post another picture soon!

I've posted most of mine over in the January charity CAL too, but I put them up here as well. Three cat size snuggles, and a medium dog size (24 x 24) - for that one I was wanting to use up some really ugly yarn, in my opinion, so I put it with peach and made a large one with double strand. I still have some of it left, so I may do another later. I really want to use it up. The purple one really is square, though you couldn't prove it by the picture.

The baby afghan was started early last fall. I finally hauled it out to finish up. It was a very stale project by now, so I'm glad it's finally done.

post-39480-135897619243_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897619245_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897619247_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897619249_thumb.jpg

Denise,

If I remember - I'm not at home to look at it - I think it's just 2 rows of V stitch and two rows of dc, alternated, with a round of hdc for the border. I didn't waste any brain power on it.

The yarn is RH Coraline and Caron One Pound Peach. I think I used an M hook with it. I wasted more money than I like to think about trying to find colors to match the coraline. The whole sad and prolonged tale is over at Frugal Village. There just aren't any. Even the ones that RH suggests to go with it really don't - at least to my eyes. The peach all the way through made all the difference.

Very nice snuggles ladies and I love the cute kitty pics I just finished my first snuggles today I'll have to figure out how to put up a picture of it but it looks nice. It a pinwheel block from a blanket pattern from Crochet today magazine the nov/Dec issue.

I'm starting another today.:hook

Tonight I stared a lapghan for the hospice center. I haven't done much crocheting lately. I finally have the weekend off from work so the family and I have been spending time together. Today we all got our bows out ad went to the indoor range and shot for a while. Then we came home and I was feeling very domestic. I made bread and cookies and cinnamon rolls for brekfast in the morning. Tomrrow I think I am going to clean. Being gone so much my house relly needs to be cleaned.

Tonight I stared a lapghan for the hospice center. I haven't done much crocheting lately. I finally have the weekend off from work so the family and I have been spending time together. Today we all got our bows out ad went to the indoor range and shot for a while. Then we came home and I was feeling very domestic. I made bread and cookies and cinnamon rolls for brekfast in the morning. Tomrrow I think I am going to clean. Being gone so much my house relly needs to be cleaned.

I haven't had my bow out in years. I really miss shooting. My husband and I used to shoot together in tournaments in the summer. That was so much fun. Once in a while my brother and dad would go too. There weren't many women that shot bows then. It is becoming more popular around here now with the ladies.

I haven't been working on my charity projects this week. I'm finishing up finger puppets for my kids to give as Valentine's Day gifts. I have 80 finished and 20 more to go. I have two kids down with the flu so we won't be going anywhere today. I'm hoping to finish those up so I can get to charity and stashbusting projects!

Jessica? 80 finger puppets? Wow, can you share a picture?

Here is a cat mat I made last night while watching the History Channel. They had a new show bout the rise and fall of the Third Reich. It was like a car accident, hard to watch, hard to look away. But I learned a lot about the timeline of WWII that I certainly don't remember from school.

This is the first mat (I think) where I had the same three strands of yarn all of the way through.

post-13802-135897619691_thumb.jpg

PS to Dorothy, I also have bread on the rise this morning. Ok to be fair it's a frozen loaf, but it will smell so good in the oven!!

Denise,

I looked at the big snuggle this morning and I was wrong about the pattern. It's two rows of V-stitch and one of dc, not two. I used sc around it to finish it off.

Here is a picture of the four different finger puppets that I have made so far. I need to make ducks as well. I will take a large group picture when I'm completely finished and post it as well. I did this last year and they were a big hit.

post-16766-135897619727_thumb.jpg

This is the first mat (I think) where I had the same three strands of yarn all of the way through.

[

Very nice!

Here is a picture of the four different finger puppets that I have made so far. I need to make ducks as well. I will take a large group picture when I'm completely finished and post it as well. I did this last year and they were a big hit.

Cute!

I've posted most of mine over in the January charity CAL too, but I put them up here as well. Three cat size snuggles, and a medium dog size (24 x 24) - for that one I was wanting to use up some really ugly yarn, in my opinion, so I put it with peach and made a large one with double strand. I still have some of it left, so I may do another later. I really want to use it up. The purple one really is square, though you couldn't prove it by the picture.

The baby afghan was started early last fall. I finally hauled it out to finish up. It was a very stale project by now, so I'm glad it's finally done.

All very nice!

Hi all, I just posted this over on Nicole's weekend charity blitz, but I am putting it here too. I am excited that I got to update my signature! I started this during the last charity weekend when my mom went in the hospital. So here it is:

[ATTACH]33614[/ATTACH]

Nice! Cute kitty pics too!

:( I am blue today! While watching the bears get bowled over.... I finished my lapgan.

[ATTACH]33789[/ATTACH]

Nice lapghan! Sorry you're blue :(

Archived