Just saying hello

NurseFrawg

Hello all! I have been lurking around the board for some time now and decided to join. I have taught myself how to crochet after watching my former classmates in envy knitting durring class. So far I have mastered the art of scarves, but I am looking to expand to other items. I would like to crochet items and donate them to a local NICU that I had the fortune to be taught at.

I have recently graduated from nursing school. I am still looking for the perfect job, which would caring for pediatric patients. I have also voluntered for a rural fire department working on their quick response unit.

I have had fun experimenting with different yarns and patterns and have even ventured into the Fun Fur area... oh why did they name it "Fun". Oh fun to look at not to work with. I have only purchased 5 skeins of yarn plus 2 balls of fun fur new, the other stuff has come from great yard sale buys and the local goodwills. From reading about what others call "Yarn Acquisition Syndrome" I have made a self diagnoses of that very same syndrome in myself. ;) My friends and family say that I can not go into craft stores or craft departments without adult supervision. I have aldready found tons of patterns of things that I want to make.... oh to have the time to do it.

So now you know a little about me....

Elizabeth

Greetings from Alberta, Canada! :welcome to Crochetville, Elizabeth! Congratulations on becoming a nurse! I was a CNA myself but have taken up being a SAHM to a beautiful 3 year old daughter. Crochet is definitely the best stress reducer I know of and be careful...once you have YAS, other addictions are bound to be diagnosed....for one thing there is ADD or recently changed to CADD(crochet addicts decision disorder) and HAS (similiar to YAS but directed to hooks). Once you have these, there is really no turning back....you have become one of us :lol We are glad to have you join us....this is one big happy family here.:hug

Hi, from a fellow nurse! (I work on the other end of the spectrum...my specialty it geriatrics/long term care)

I also collect frogs...hence I had to answer an intro from 'nursefrawg'

Welcome to a great place to spend LOTS, and LOTS of time!

Archived