Crocheting is form men too!

Mark D Livingston

Hello all!

I remember my grandmother working dilligently on crochet projects and being fascinated by her ability to transform thread and yarn into such beautiful creations. I was about 6 years old when she taught me and to this day (I am now close to 50) I've learned so many techniques and designs and so happy that I was able to carry on with my grandmother's legacy. It is a wonderful form of therapy for this crazy world we live in. So in summary, crocheting is not just for the ladies, men are good at it too!

welcome to the board from southern illinois where as if ya wait 5 minutes the weather will probably change :lol

Hi Mark I know Crocheting is not just for Men My mom has been a crafter ( from knitting , crochet to doing handspinning and I have known a few men who do them all. My grandfather used to crochet the bags for his lobster traps. I also welcome you to crochetville and hope you find your visits here enjoyable

:welcome to the Ville! We're glad you're here :hook And, there are guys here that create some really stunning pieces. You'll fit right in :)

Welcome to the board mark!!!.. I have a uncle who crochets also! and it's nice to be able to sit down with him and share our crochet creations!. were always showing eachother what we have made.

welcome to the board!

Hello all!

I remember my grandmother working dilligently on crochet projects and being fascinated by her ability to transform thread and yarn into such beautiful creations. I was about 6 years old when she taught me and to this day (I am now close to 50) I've learned so many techniques and designs and so happy that I was able to carry on with my grandmother's legacy. It is a wonderful form of therapy for this crazy world we live in. So in summary, crocheting is not just for the ladies, men are good at it too!

i never doubted that men were good at it :)

just never met one in person who crochets--at least, not to my knowledge.

come to think of it, I haven't met many women in person who crochet either...a few..haha!

:welcome to crochetville all the same!

:yarn

Hey cool another guy crocheter! I've been teaching my fiance how to crochet and he does cross stitch too. I personally think if it's something that makes you feel happy and is fun for you it shouldn't matter what sex you are. So good for you in doing what you love :).

Archived