New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a quick peek and it seems I won't be the last to finish. The first one is done but I'm weaving in all the ends from the joining! :yuck Now I know why I enjoy straight afghans so much, assembly is the pits.

And I still have another to join and finish.

The good news is I did make the NICU deadline and managed to make my goal of six baby ghans plus an extra two for the year. :cheer

I'm now going to get off here and get busy. Photos to come soon I hope.

I took a quick peek and it seems I won't be the last to finish. The first one is done but I'm weaving in all the ends from the joining! :yuck Now I know why I enjoy straight afghans so much, assembly is the pits.

And I still have another to join and finish.

The good news is I did make the NICU deadline and managed to make my goal of six baby ghans plus an extra two for the year. :cheer

I'm now going to get off here and get busy. Photos to come soon I hope.

Congrats on making the deadline! :clap

I haven't picked mine up in awhile....I've been busy trying to finish up some other things. I still have to make 4 or 5 of the last square before I can put them together. :blush

I can't wait to see it finished. Maybe after Christmas. :P

Nicole, your tree of life afghan is amazing. You must be working on it non-stop, to be so close to finished!

Thanks, Cindy. I have been working on it pretty much non-stop. I started on it exactly two weeks ago. Now I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to do the border. I don't like the one on the pattern at all.

Nicole- The Tree of Life Afghan is AWESOME!!!!!!

Deb and Shelley- They'll get done when they get done. Yes, sewing the squares together is the pits! But in the end, when it's done, it doesn't seem so bad!!

Shelly- WTG on finishing the NICU blankies!!!

I NEED another table for my yarn room this afghan shows me that more than ever. I need it for laying out pieces and blocking,just working on how to do it,in the mean time still sewing away ;)

Thanks ladies :hug :hug

Nicole, - your tree of life afghan is gorgeous!!!

Thank you!

I NEED another table for my yarn room this afghan shows me that more than ever. I need it for laying out pieces and blocking,just working on how to do it,in the mean time still sewing away ;)

Maybe Santa will bring you one for Christmas! :D

Here's pictures of my finished ghan!!

I am so excited, this is the first one I have ever finished... I have two others half done and the yarn bought for another... hmmm

I had to change the border... my mom's came out frilly and I didn't want frills on mine haha. Luckily she helped me locate a perfect replacement... I included a close up!

I already emailed these in to Bernat too. Yay!

post-42783-135897604658_thumb.jpg

post-42783-135897604665_thumb.jpg

post-42783-135897604653_thumb.jpg

post-42783-135897604662_thumb.jpg

Thanks Nicole!

Your new Tree of Life afghan is looking great too. I looked at it earlier - maybe someday I can do something like that! Good job

Thank you! :) It really wasn't that difficult. It just required a lot of counting. The difficulty rating is shown as experienced, but it's more intermediate in my opinion.

One is done! Yes! (insert fist-pump here) :lol

Now I feel like I can relax and get the second one done.

I kinda like it, flowers and all. I stuck with the program until the border. I love the rouge but didn't like the rouge with the green together so I was over using rouge. Picking colors in the blind was different but all in all it was a fun crochet.

I have been so very busy at work so tonight I will treat myself and catch up on the thread. I have neglected it for at least three weeks and I'm anxious to see everyone's work.

DSC00620.jpg

Wow you all are really inspiring me to get mine finished,but as others have said I have Christmas to worry about FIRST! I am making pillows and while they work up fairly fast I have SIX to make. Plus I only have ONE pillow form right now,so off to find FIVE more AND get something for my Christmas knit/crochet present exchange/dinner tonight. BUSY,BUSY,BUSY! ;)

One is done! Yes! (insert fist-pump here) :lol

Now I feel like I can relax and get the second one done.

I kinda like it, flowers and all. I stuck with the program until the border. I love the rouge but didn't like the rouge with the green together so I was over using rouge. Picking colors in the blind was different but all in all it was a fun crochet.

I have been so very busy at work so tonight I will treat myself and catch up on the thread. I have neglected it for at least three weeks and I'm anxious to see everyone's work.

DSC00620.jpg

Very nice!

Archived