New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally spent the 2 hours to sew in all the ends on my afghan, so it is DONE! I said in an earlier post that I added extra squares, but I thought I'd restate it...12 extra squares to help use up most of the extra yarn!

post-21933-13589760541_thumb.jpg

Thanks. The border around the squares is from the way I crocheted them together (with the dark purple I substituted for the topaz yarn). Do slip stitch and chain1 in each stitch or space you'd normally use. It makes a nice raised join with a zig-zag pattern to it.

Oh my goodness, I read the whole thread the other night- what a riot. The ups, the downs, what a hoot.

The funniest thing that I had missed the first time around was Nicole commenting on the fear of having squares in the closet for five years if she didn't stay on top of things. And I think Nicole finished first! :lol

And I had blocked the mitered squares completely out of my memory so that was funny to read again. If I'm not mistaken, we all ended up liking that square eventually. :hook

Bernat is posting photos of completed afghans through Flicker and it's something to see if you get the chance to take a peek. I imagine it will be awhile before they are all up so be sure to submit a photo of your afghan for the CAL gallery. :cheer

Braxxi - I love it! That is one of my favorite joins, too. I've used it on several comfortghans. It's a gorgeous 'ghan.

Shelley - LOL I was concerned about finishing. I'm notorious for starting afghans and not finishing them. I get bored so quickly with one project. I'm glad I joined this though. It turned out to be fun and funky with the colors I chose.

Thanks. The border around the squares is from the way I crocheted them together (with the dark purple I substituted for the topaz yarn). Do slip stitch and chain1 in each stitch or space you'd normally use. It makes a nice raised join with a zig-zag pattern to it.

Thanks for telling how you did that- It just looks stunning!!!

Braxxi - I love it! That is one of my favorite joins, too. I've used it on several comfortghans. It's a gorgeous 'ghan.

Shelley - LOL I was concerned about finishing. I'm notorious for starting afghans and not finishing them. I get bored so quickly with one project. I'm glad I joined this though. It turned out to be fun and funky with the colors I chose.

We did have our ups and downs with this Ghan- but it was sooo much fun having others doing it right alongside and getting tips, hints, and just plain ole commiserating about those dreaded mitre squares!!!!

Doing it with all of you was what kept me on task!!!

Anyone else check out the pics on the Bernat blog of all the different ones there? There are some really beautiful color combination pictured there.

Anyone else check out the pics on the Bernat blog of all the different ones there? There are some really beautiful color combination pictured there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernatyarns/sets/72157625374793781/

Yes, I saw it- and mine is there too!:lol Really great color combos/alterations to the pattern, etc.

Good luck to those who have yet to finish- you can do it!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Mine hasn't made it on there yet. I really like the various color combos people have chosen. There are already 130 pictures on the site and I know they aren't done. :eek

It took about 5 days from the time I emailed it to bernat till it showed up!!!

It is amazing- so many different colors!!!

I can't even THINK about seaming the rest of mine until AFTER Christmas. I only have TWO of the SIX pillows finished,I am hoping to get them ALL finished this weekend. Around my other chores of laundry,packing etc. :D

I can't even THINK about seaming the rest of mine until AFTER Christmas. I only have TWO of the SIX pillows finished,I am hoping to get them ALL finished this weekend. Around my other chores of laundry,packing etc. :D

Ditto! I had to put this one aside until after Christmas, too; I'm trying to get an afghan finished for my grandma.

Am I the only one still working on this one? I had to put it aside to finish a Christmas present- still working on putting it together...

No you've got a few others with you on this- I know Marisa for one! She made 4 afghans for Christmas- one nicer than the next and she put the Bernat ghan on hold till after Christmas too!!

Archived