New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that stinks. I'm glad I weaved in all of the ends as I worked the squares. I wouldn't have finished the 'ghan if I didn't.

Me too- I weaved as I went!!!

The final clue is up at Bernat- tips on how to weave in ends. I don't think this should have been the last clue- but hey, what do I know?

They said in the blog that there will be another CAL in January- baby blankets for charity. It will be interesting to see what they come up with-

I was able to work on my clue 8 squares last night at the basketball game :lol I have the last round of 1 square and 4 rounds of the last square and they will be done and need to be blocked. I've been working over all the ends that I could and what's left I've been weaving as blocking a bit here and there :yes Now I'm going to redo 1 mitred square and doing 2 more of the small granny to replace the first clue :think

I should finish up clue 8 on my lunch break at work today :think:clap

WTG Paula with yours :yay

The final clue is up at Bernat- tips on how to weave in ends. I don't think this should have been the last clue- but hey, what do I know? I agree with you....

They said in the blog that there will be another CAL in January- baby blankets for charity. It will be interesting to see what they come up with-

That would be worth checking out!:yes

I been doing weaving ends since last night and this morning. It seems like it never ends. lol. I just looked at the last clue. I didnt know there was the last clue. They should put the last clue first. This way people would know how to do the weaving ends. Now, back weaving in the ends. At least I can relaxing while I do the weave the ends. I think I will be down my the end of the day.

So today I was going to sew more blocks together,however I just spent ALL day at the hospital with my boyfriend/fiance. He has been diagnosed with Diverticulitis :yuck! Luckily I did have a crochet bag (my April Skies) ready to go with an ongoing don't have to think project :tup. So once I got him settled upstairs (that was fun getting him up here)I ran to the grocery store. Little hint if you buy an already cooked chicken check the time on it! I did not notice until I got it home that the blankety blank thing had been put out a 10:06 this morning! :eek So of course I have a dried out chicken,just too tired to run back and exchange it so I will make it into soup,which he will probably like better anyway! So depending on how he feels tomorrow,maybe I can get some more squares sewn together so I can start the border!

I remember thinking last week when they mentioned the weaving in of end thing that they should have done that FIRST or just made it part of the first clue. :think

So today I was going to sew more blocks together,however I just spent ALL day at the hospital with my boyfriend/fiance. He has been diagnosed with Diverticulitis :yuck! Luckily I did have a crochet bag (my April Skies) ready to go with an ongoing don't have to think project :tup. So once I got him settled upstairs (that was fun getting him up here)I ran to the grocery store. Little hint if you buy an already cooked chicken check the time on it! I did not notice until I got it home that the blankety blank thing had been put out a 10:06 this morning! :eek So of course I have a dried out chicken,just too tired to run back and exchange it so I will make it into soup,which he will probably like better anyway! So depending on how he feels tomorrow,maybe I can get some more squares sewn together so I can start the border!

I remember thinking last week when they mentioned the weaving in of end thing that they should have done that FIRST or just made it part of the first clue. :think

Wow, I hope he's doing better :hug That's not fun....no more seeded foods for him :no And bummer on the chicken, thanks for the heads up because I do get them every now and again :think

You all are doing great!

I spent several days sewing squares today. I am hoping that I can get that finished in the next two days and then get the border done over the next week. I need to get it shipped off next weekend. I am also working on some other Christmas gifts so it's been really hard to find the time for it.

Dee, I'm trying to get two afghans done for Christmas gifts too, so I know how hard it is to find the time. Unfortunately I have a short attention span...and when ever I have a deadline, I seem to rebel, and loose interest in whatever it is I am making.

I think I'm going to ahve to make myself a schedule of what needs to be done each day, and then stick to it.

Sock- Hope your fiance is feeling better- Diverticulitis is no fun!! Good think you had your April Skies tote with you with a mindless project. Thanks for the heads up on the chicken - I get them sometimes too!!

Cindy- I keep procastinating starting the afghan I need to make for DD's BF! I really need to start tomorrow after work. It seems that I have a hard time starting something- once I start , I usually finish!

Marisa- That's great that you finished clue #8 today!!!

Cindy- I get the same way, lol. But I HAVE to ship them off next weekend so I have to finish. I only have the last 8 mitered squares to sew together but I really dislike doing those because I have to keep changing the color of my sewing yarn. I have 6 dolls that need to be done too. For those I have to make 4 wigs, stuff and sew them together and embroider faces on them. Cutting the hair is so boring that I am dragging my feet on them too, lol.

Cindy - I think making yourself a schedule would help. Maybe do projects in half hour increments so you're not doing too much at one time to get bored and then do something else you enjoy to do, kind of as a reward :think Good luck, I know you can do it :cheer :cheer

How goes it folks? I miss chatting with you all. :sigh

Doing well, Nicole! Miss chatting with you too! How is the Tree of Life Ghan coming along? I haven't done much hooking since finishing the Bernat ghan -my shoulder was bothering me a bit- I think from all the seaming of squares! But it's feeling better today (finally) - I did make a neck warmer and a turn-on-itself potholder- just to keep the ole :hook mojo going! I have had a busy week at work and have to work tomorrow , but Sunday is going to be :crocheting day for me- I want to start a double stranded RR for my DD's BF for Christmas.

The Devils are making me sad this year! They are just not playing well!!!

How's everyone else doing on their afghans?

Doing well, Nicole! Miss chatting with you too! How is the Tree of Life Ghan coming along? I haven't done much hooking since finishing the Bernat ghan -my shoulder was bothering me a bit- I think from all the seaming of squares! But it's feeling better today (finally) - I did make a neck warmer and a turn-on-itself potholder- just to keep the ole :hook mojo going! I have had a busy week at work and have to work tomorrow , but Sunday is going to be :crocheting day for me- I want to start a double stranded RR for my DD's BF for Christmas.

The Devils are making me sad this year! They are just not playing well!!!

How's everyone else doing on their afghans?

I'm sorry to hear your shoulder has been bothering you. :( I'm glad it's better now though.

I ordered pizza for dinner. I'm going to work on the Tree of Life 'ghan until 10:00 when the Red Wings play. Tomorrow, I probably won't get much crocheting done. I'm going Christmas shopping with my mom. Then my niece's birthday party is at 2.

The Devil's aren't good this year. The whole Kovulchuck fiasco, then Parise getting hurt...it's just not in the cards. If Kovy starts playing better and Parise gets back soon, you might have a good second half of the season. Did you hear that Mike Modano got his wrist cut by a skate? He's out a minimum of 10 weeks. The tendon was cut and there was minor nerve damage. I hate to say it, but I think it's a career-ending injury. I feel so badly for him.

I have been nursing my family and self back to health all week, but I did manage to get some more of my seams crocheted while I watch Bones last night! :hook

I'm sorry to hear your shoulder has been bothering you. :( I'm glad it's better now though.

I ordered pizza for dinner. I'm going to work on the Tree of Life 'ghan until 10:00 when the Red Wings play. Tomorrow, I probably won't get much crocheting done. I'm going Christmas shopping with my mom. Then my niece's birthday party is at 2.

The Devil's aren't good this year. The whole Kovulchuck fiasco, then Parise getting hurt...it's just not in the cards. If Kovy starts playing better and Parise gets back soon, you might have a good second half of the season. Did you hear that Mike Modano got his wrist cut by a skate? He's out a minimum of 10 weeks. The tendon was cut and there was minor nerve damage. I hate to say it, but I think it's a career-ending injury. I feel so badly for him.

Yes, I did read about Modano's injury- and I think you may be right- that it may just be a career- ending injury:(. The Kovy fiasco is just that- a fiasco!!! Too much money for him IMO. Hoping for a better second half, but I must admit- a slim hope at that! I started the RR tonight- I did about 8 rows and am calling it a night. I'm switching to my G hook and finishing up a 2nd turn on itself potholder- in Christmas variegated ILTC.

Hope you enjoy your shopping tomorrow and your niece's party!

I have been nursing my family and self back to health all week, but I did manage to get some more of my seams crocheted while I watch Bones last night! :hook

Sorry to hear you were all sick but it sounds like you are all on the mend!! Can't wait to see the finished ghan!

Hey, look! I just got the 1,000th post in this thread. :D

I dragged out my afghan today to work on it, and in the bottom of the basket, I found two extra mitered squares. I must've liked making those more than I thought!

:lol I think I did the same thing! I know I have two that I gave the cats.

Sorry you all have been sick! :yuck I hope you all are better very soon.

Yes, I did read about Modano's injury- and I think you may be right- that it may just be a career- ending injury:(. The Kovy fiasco is just that- a fiasco!!! Too much money for him IMO. Hoping for a better second half, but I must admit- a slim hope at that! I started the RR tonight- I did about 8 rows and am calling it a night. I'm switching to my G hook and finishing up a 2nd turn on itself potholder- in Christmas variegated ILTC.

Hope you enjoy your shopping tomorrow and your niece's party!

:woo on the RR! Go you! I got seven more rows done on the tree 'ghan tonight.

I love those potholders. I've made them several times.

Archived