New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tigrix13 I too like one best,I find two a bit too hard to concentrate on. My eyes keep jumping around trying to find a spot to land on. ;)

Finally finished the last of Clue #8 and weaved in all the ends. Here is a pic of what I did for Clue #8 (4 with 2 rounds of blue and one green and 4 with 3 rounds of blue and 1 green) and a pic of the layout. Now on to the assembly!!!

post-27163-135897599703_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897599707_thumb.jpg

Erica -

I changed the layout a little as well, and I think this may look good for you too. I put the solid colored V stitch squares so that they form a ring around the center square with flower squares in the corners. Essentially this means that the two 4-square blocks on either side of the large center square were reversed with the two V-stitch squares (red in your case) next to the big center square and then the SC/DC and the granny square on the outside. I think this gave it a more symmetrical/organized appearance. Sorry, no pic - I don't have a camera, only a scanner and the afghan won't fit in my scanner:)

Sharon

Help!

I am not certain about the layout - the red is just so powerful...

My dad fooled around with it and came up with this alternate version... which do you guys like? or do you have other suggestions?

[ATTACH]30827[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30828[/ATTACH]

Everyone's that I have seen so far look amazing! it is so cool how random colours can end up looking great together!

I think I like number one best, but it was hard to choose, so I don;t think you will be going wrong if you decide on number 2.

I have to confess...I haven't sewed so much as two blocks together yet. I'm kind of tired of this one. (actually, I detest sewing things together.) I can procrastinate on sewing for months.

Finally finished the last of Clue #8 and weaved in all the ends. Here is a pic of what I did for Clue #8 (4 with 2 rounds of blue and one green and 4 with 3 rounds of blue and 1 green) and a pic of the layout. Now on to the assembly!!!

It looks wonderful!

I've finally started assembly on this one. I have to admit, I haven't been in a big hurry to deal with those mitred squares. I was debating whether or not I should block them; I'm going to be brave (i.e. lazy) and join them as is.

I think I like number one best, but it was hard to choose, so I don;t think you will be going wrong if you decide on number 2.

I have to confess...I haven't sewed so much as two blocks together yet. I'm kind of tired of this one. (actually, I detest sewing things together.) I can procrastinate on sewing for months.

I like the first layout. I think because it seems to spread the colors around better so my eyes see the whole picture rather than focus on the center and work outward.

Help!

I am not certain about the layout - the red is just so powerful...

My dad fooled around with it and came up with this alternate version... which do you guys like? or do you have other suggestions?

I like layout #1 the best. It looks great and I love the red in your 'ghan.

:cheer It looks wonderful!

I've finally started assembly on this one. I have to admit, I haven't been in a big hurry to deal with those mitred squares. I was debating whether or not I should block them; I'm going to be brave (i.e. lazy) and join them as is.

I didn't block the mitered squares either. I managed to get them almost perfectly square. I have them joined and they look good. I would think your squares would look good, too as long as you line up the color changes.

I've finally started assembling!!!! I've gotten 3 strips done!!! And the mitres came out good (and I didn't block them). I'm hoping to have them all joined by Wednesday- I'll do some more tomorrow night and Tuesday night after work.

I've finally started assembling!!!! I've gotten 3 strips done!!! And the mitres came out good (and I didn't block them). I'm hoping to have them all joined by Wednesday- I'll do some more tomorrow night and Tuesday night after work.

You can do it!!! I finished assembly on mine during the Red Wings game. I only had the horizontal part of one and a half strips, but I had trouble forcing myself through it. I kept telling myself I couldn't get in bed until it was done. :lol

wow I love that... what a beautiful afghan Nicole!!

I have the columns sewed together on my afghan. I still need to sew the rows, but I'm not going to get that finished tonight. :sigh

I do like the way the mitered squares look in the corners, but we easily could have done a solid granny in the corners for the same effect. Ah well, like I mentioned earlier, after all of these years of crocheting, I learned some new things making the mitered square. I'm really interested in finding out the suggested border.

By the way, I didn't block my squares. I was able to get the squares to 8 inches almost exactly each time. Within a quarter of an inch doesn't require blocking, IMHO.

Anywho, I wanted to share some pictures. :D

You can do it!!! I finished assembly on mine during the Red Wings game. I only had the horizontal part of one and a half strips, but I had trouble forcing myself through it. I kept telling myself I couldn't get in bed until it was done. :lol

I joined a few more squares while watching the Giants vs Eagles and then went up to bed to finish watching the game. Turns out the game watched me cause before I knew it the alarm was going off!!! Good thing too, since my Giants lost!!:(

Hoping to finish some more tonight- I'm anxious for it to be joined so I can move on the border when they post it!!!

Good morning everyone :hi

Last night I started steam blocking my squares and they are looking great :clap I was doing the water method, but realized it would take forever by leaving them sit to dry so started with the steam, which is faster and gives better results (as we already know it does with acrylic :lol ) I got about half of my squares done that way last night. I'm still finishing up my flower squares and have only been working on them during lunch break and at the sixer games :lol At home I have 3 afghans to focus on finishing for xmas so I haven't started to sew anything together and probably won't just yet :(

tigrix - I also liked #1 better as with #2 my eyes wanted to go everywhere at one time :yes

Joanne - You're layout looks great and I like your clue 8 squares in place of the flowers :yes I decided to just do the flower squares. Once I got going on them, I decided I liked it :lol

What I did I did all my flowers. Then I am doing the rest of the square. This weekend I didn't do much of the blanket. Saturday, hubby and I went to finished food shopping. For thanksgiving. We are staying home. It will just be my husband and me. All I hear from my husband is I cant wait until u make my turkey.

wow I love that... what a beautiful afghan Nicole!!

Thanks, Kidge! :hug

I joined a few more squares while watching the Giants vs Eagles and then went up to bed to finish watching the game. Turns out the game watched me cause before I knew it the alarm was going off!!! Good thing too, since my Giants lost!!:(

Hoping to finish some more tonight- I'm anxious for it to be joined so I can move on the border when they post it!!!

Sorry to hear the Giants lost. I don't watch football. I guess the Colts aren't doing that well this year. :think The Red Wings won, but they deserved to lose.

What I did I did all my flowers. Then I am doing the rest of the square. This weekend I didn't do much of the blanket. Saturday, hubby and I went to finished food shopping. For thanksgiving. We are staying home. It will just be my husband and me. All I hear from my husband is I cant wait until u make my turkey.

I have to go to the store to get some more stuff for Thanksgiving myself. I hate grocery shopping especially this time of year. If I was independently wealthy, I would have a personal shopper.

I'm in charge of the pumpkin pies this year. You should have seen the look my mother gave me when I said I was using store bought crusts! :eek I don't have a food processor so no way I could make them from scratch like my DAD does. Yep my Dad is the baker in our family,so I don't know why my Mom was being so weird!

So anyway I too did not get any work on the afghan done this weekend,but I have a REALLY good excuse! This past weekend was the FIRST Maryland Alpaca and Fleece show and we went BOTH days. :) Until about a month ago my boyfriend/fiance didn't even know what an alpaca WAS! :eek Now he wants to get a small herd for when we get our farm. Yep working on getting a small 2.9 acre farm.

So anyway I still have to do the last two rows on 6 blocks of clue 8 and then start whip stitching them together. Will be VERY busy today. Good luck ALL,really like the looks of ALL the ghans so far. :)

Sigh...still no squares sewn together.....

You'll get them done when the mood strikes----:devil

I had all these good intentions of working on sewing more together tonight, but I'm beat from a long day at work and sewing squares together is not sounding like much fun so I think I'll just pick up a hook and crochet something!!!

Sock- The alpaca shows wonderful---and good luck with getting that small farm!!!

Nicole- I watch Football, baseball, hockey and basketball- I'm a sports nut, I guess, but the Devils this year are giving me fits- they just keep losing!! :(

Joanne - I'm watching the Devils right now. They are beating the Capital 5 - 0 in the middle of the second! :lol I hope you're watching this right now. It has to be great for Devils fans. :yes

Yes, I am!! It's about time:clap:clap:clap Hope they can hold on for the "W"!!!!!

Finished the squares but my shoulders hurt and need to go to bed soon,so sewing will wait until tomorrow. I just wonder which color I should use,mostly because I am wondering what colors we are going to need for the border. :think

Archived