New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

Still trying to get back to seaming mine. Think I'll set up a table so I can lay it out. My new table is ALREADY full maybe I need another one!? ;) Fiance is ALMOST back to normal,off to make us some pancakes yum! :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everyone here has been busy!

I actually enjoyed sewing mine together and weaving in the ends.. I must be crazy! I am partway done the border but I didn't want to do the scalloped ruffly edging so I stopped after the spaced out doubles. But it is too small still haha. I am just keeping it on my bed until inspiration hits.

Anyone who is seaming theirs together, I just layed it wrong side up on my living room floor and seamed it in chunks, going along whichever seam could use the colour I was currently using. It went pretty fast too! But I had to be careful and make sure I got all the seams because I wasn't really planning it well. It ended up ok though. and to weave the ends in, I got some "knitting essentials wool needles" with really big eyes and that made it super easy.

Hope everyone is well and that you are having a good December so far! Christmas has taken over everything it seems!

everyone here has been busy!

I actually enjoyed sewing mine together and weaving in the ends.. I must be crazy! I am partway done the border but I didn't want to do the scalloped ruffly edging so I stopped after the spaced out doubles. But it is too small still haha. I am just keeping it on my bed until inspiration hits.

Anyone who is seaming theirs together, I just layed it wrong side up on my living room floor and seamed it in chunks, going along whichever seam could use the colour I was currently using. It went pretty fast too! But I had to be careful and make sure I got all the seams because I wasn't really planning it well. It ended up ok though. and to weave the ends in, I got some "knitting essentials wool needles" with really big eyes and that made it super easy.

Hope everyone is well and that you are having a good December so far! Christmas has taken over everything it seems!

Can;t wait to see it- Pics please???? :hug

Hey, look! I just got the 1,000th post in this thread. :D

:clap:clap:clap

:woo on the RR! Go you! I got seven more rows done on the tree 'ghan tonight.:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

I love those potholders. I've made them several times.

Well, in the light of day early yesterday morning, I noticed that 2 of the points on the 9 pt RR were too close together- but I had to work yesterday so it sat. When I got home, I thought about frogging it, but it was already dark, so I finished another turn-on-itself potholder instead:lol

DH said why don't you make him one like mine instead of a RR? (I made DH a flannel'ghan last year). So, I think I just might do that- no fiddling with it- it'll go fast and it'll be done. I will then attempt another RR! I messed up somewhere with the joining of rounds I think and I am on a tight timeframe here so better go to something I know I can get done.

I got up at a little before 4 this morning to work on some dolls for Christmas for my little girls. Well, my crochet hook case is missing! I've looked everywhere. Yesterday I took 4 of my children to a parade and my dh stayed home with my 2 year old and my teen boys. I just know my 2 year old put it somewhere... I can't finish any of my projects without it (well I guess I can if I buy more hooks, lol).

Would you all mind saying a quick prayer that I can locate it? I have it clipped shut in a way she can't open, so it should be intact wherever it is.

Good morning ladies :hi

I finished all my squares :clap I still have to block about 10 of them :think I'll probably start joing just a bit this week. I have 2 sixer games on tues and thurs so will take a few squares with me there to join, and I think I'll be weaving ends of the this last square during tomorrow's lunch break :yes

Joanne - Sorry the rr didn't start working up right for you. You do have to be careful at that joining spot. I using that same pattern now and everytime I get to the joining part, I count and recount :lol Have fun with the flannelghan, I've never done one of the those :no

Dee - :xfin that you find your hook case. Maybe your 2 yo will remember where it is, I suggest making a game of it ;)

Thank you four your prayers! My 9 year old daughter found it this morning. So today after gingerbread house parts, chocolate chip cookies and paper snowflakes with the children I will work on it :)

I've been MIA for a couple of weeks- got sidetracked by another project and a nasty cold. I'm still working on seaming the squares together. Hopefully, I can spend some time on it this week.

Everybody's 'ghans are turning out great!

Glad to hear that the hook case was found Dee!!! Sounds like a full day yesterday for you!

Marisa- WTG on finishing the squares!!! I've made Crochet Dad's RR before , but only with 1 strand. I think something about making it with 2 strands threw me off. One strip of the flannel'ghan is done!

Yarn_geek- Glad to hear you are feeling better- those winter colds can really do a number on you!!

I played around with a few layouts tonight, but haven't started to sew any of it together yet. I think this is the one I'm going with :think What do y'all think?

I like the way you've arranged the squares!!! And I really like your colors!:manyheart

I played around with a few layouts tonight, but haven't started to sew any of it together yet. I think this is the one I'm going with :think What do y'all think?

I love your colors and that placement! I think you should definitely sew them together that way.

Marisa I really like how you have it laid out!

I have a pic taken but haven't put it on my computer yet. :)

Archived