Irish Crochet insert on ten cent dress

Katchkan

Hi, I picked up this dress at a yard sale for a whopping ten cents. After a good cleaning, Okay a massive cleaning I made this Irish Crochet insert to go in the front section. I also edged all the edges with a tiny edging. All this was done with size 100 thread. I just love a challenge.

Insertfordress.jpg

tencentdress.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/ICTencent.jpg

The last is a picture of the whole dress.

Good grief! I just hope all that beautiful work you do isn't going to eventually cost you your eyesight. I can't even imagine what it would be like to work with thread that size.

Hi, I picked up this dress at a yard sale for a whopping ten cents. After a good cleaning, Okay a massive cleaning I made this Irish Crochet insert to go in the front section. I also edged all the edges with a tiny edging. All this was done with size 100 thread. I just love a challenge.

Insertfordress.jpg

tencentdress.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/ICTencent.jpg

The last is a picture of the whole dress.

"Challenge" is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!:eek WoW! That is Divine!!!!!!:D

Oh my God, it's beautiful, your insert made the whole thing, you really are amazing to have imagined it before buying the dress. The dress used to be a 10 cent dress, now you have to multiply that many many times. :c9:hook:manyheart

Thank you everyone for such supportive comments, It is so nice to be able to share with with people who care.

I do not find the smaller threads all that much more difficult to work than the larger sizes, It just allows me to put more per square inch than the larger threads. I do love detail.

and My eyesight has actually improved over the years, I quess because I exercise them.

As I said before it is such a joy to be here where crochet is important and what we do isn't just ( oh that's nice ) My hubby has been my only support system for years, it is definitely a change being here.

Thanks again

Archived