Kitchen Color

So, this may be weird of me to ask. I am making some crocheted towels and wash cloths for a bazaar/craft fair thingie. Anyways, I wanted to know the most popular colors for a kitchen so that I could pick like the top two or three and get some colored yarn to make them with. I'm asking for the main color not the accent colors so keep that in mind.

What color is your kitchen?

My kitchen is white and blue, one sister's is white on white, another sister's is mottled weird colored counters (gray, purple, mauve, quite ugly) with white trim, and Mom's is bright red walls with white trim. My friend's is peach.

I'd agree: blue, yellow, and white are popular. Red is quite popular. I've seen sage and pale green with white trim in magazines, too, and that's lovely.

patty

My kitchen is white (BORING!) but I participated in a March of Dimes fund raiser at work a couple years ago where I made about 50 dishcloths and sold them at work. The first ones to sell and requests put in for were done in a yellow/light yellow/white varigated yarn. I think it was a 1lb cone from peaches and cream?? The last ones to sell were done in a blue/pink/white varigated yarn. Hope that helps a little.

My kitchen walls are a colonial blue, but I make my cloths in bright colors that don't match anything in my kitchen. I like to see cheery colors when I'm doing something I'd rather not be doing!

One guideline is to go to your local retailer and see what colours they are selling these days. if that is the sale range then that is what people can purchase.

I would suggest that you find a neutral or similar colour to match the retail market. I would use a cream/beige if there were lots of taupes and greyed out greens on sale. If slate blue is offered (i wish ) then find a blue cotton that would 'go with'.

I used to post a thread on colour choices each year when the new Colour marketing board report came out... lost track of that email somehow :think

Mine (not my choice) brown/tan countertops, white walls, and I have added the black due to appliances.

I used to have Kelly Green/White with Ivy.

Mom is yellow and white (sunflower themed).

1 sister is red, green, and white (apple themed).

Other sister is sunflower themed. (green, yellow, and white)

Mine is a light minty green called Meadow Mist with Tippy Taupe trim. When I have some time, I'm going to paint my cupboards to match the trim and maybe the countertop as well since the previous person that lived here painted over the beautiful faux black marble countertop that was here. White melamine is horrid looking.

Hugs and cookies

Mine is white with black appliances, but I have chickens everywhere for a splash of color. My mother's is pink.

:turtle:vheart

What???? You don't have any turtles in your kitchen. Just chickens.:rofl

My kitchen is a light country blue and beige. The kitchen in the first house I owned was done in yellow, white, with small touches of green. The wallpaper had a white background with stripes of small gingham checks and stripes of a larger gingham checks. There were stripes of yellow roses in between the stripes of gingham checks. I had white appliances (my appliances in my current kitchen are white also.) and white cabinets. The trim was painted a yellow and the two doors were done in white and yellow. Although blue is my favorite color and yellow is my second favorite color, I really did love that yellow, white and green kitchen.

Archived