What do you do...

with your scraps? I started making a granny square (just 3 rounds) scrapghan, then I saw Champygirl's That Turtle Square and I'm going to incorporate it in.

post-28075-135897546884_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart

i do a few things depending on the scraps...yoyo's, granny's, magick ghan, have a few bonnets made towards a bonnet ghan where the hats are from scraps. i like how your idea is also. that is going to look awsome when done :)

sandy

Depending on the amounts of the left over yarn, I make various sizes of bags in stripes. The smallest amounts go into cosmetic bag types and small drawstring bags, then upward to teenager bags, up to adult purses, up to totes.

I also use the smaller amounts for flowers and butterflies for embellishing.

I have 33 of the granny squares done (need 63) and 2 of the turtles (need 24), but I will keep working at it in my "spare" time and as I get scraps. I do have 2 magic balls made up that I may use in it.

Funny you should ask. My mom just sent me a half dozen small, sc pieces of different sizes and colors to use up her scraps. I'm going to collect them, and when I have enough, connect with black (for the jewel tone pieces) or white (for the pastel pieces) for a crazy, log-cabin inspired pieced blanket. In my head it looks cute. I hope it does in real life.

Patty

I toss my scraps in a box and later use them for scrap ghans or when the kids bug me for yarn to crochet with I grab one for them (my son and others kids have started making the chains with their fingers)

I use my thread scraps for butterflies and bookmarks - they are so quick to make and I love to crochet it! So I usually use my thread up :hook

I love your scrapgranny'ghan Sue! I'm making a scrap'ghan too with all my bits and pieces.... but mine is like this............

post-18634-135897547826_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

I use my thread scraps for butterflies and bookmarks - they are so quick to make and I love to crochet it! So I usually use my thread up :hook

And they are beautiful!!

Your scrapghan is so pretty so far! I am making yoyos for blanket for my mother. She has wanted one ever since I made one for my BFF.

Thanks!

I love your scrapgranny'ghan Sue! I'm making a scrap'ghan too with all my bits and pieces.... but mine is like this............

:heart

:mug

Thanks Tammy! Your's is pretty!!!

I have 33 of the granny squares done (need 63) and 2 of the turtles (need 24), but I will keep working at it in my "spare" time and as I get scraps. I do have 2 magic balls made up that I may use in it.

Are you using cotton or worsted weight? The afghan will be really pretty when it's all done. And the turtle squares are great!

Are you using cotton or worsted weight? The afghan will be really pretty when it's all done. And the turtle squares are great!

I'm using WW, mostly RHSS. The cotton scraps are being saved for something else, not sure what though. :lol

I use my scrap yarn for motifs/appliques and amigurumi. It's always nice to have a variety of small amounts of yarn for those projects instead of buying 5 different skeins when you only need a few yards! :lol I wish I had the patience to make a scrapghan, they are so cool! When ever I make something scrappy looking I always fake it with newly purchased yarn. :eek

TurtleLvr love the ghan so far and cant wait to see how it turns out. Teakaycee Love your scrap ghan - really bright and colourful.

I made scrapghans with my left overs as well. Usually ugly scrap spiral hexagon ghans. At the moment I am making a circle which I hope to turn into a square !

• 1 month later...

as of the last few days i have decided to destash big time! im going to do a major overhaul in my office/craft "area" and as of a few days ago my scraps are being made into grand daughters and yo yo's.....just waiting on the lady to send me her addy for the yo yo's

Just the last week or so I've started making mine into solid color 2 or 3 round squares. If I can't get two rounds I just take a deep breath and toss it. Eventually I'll have enough of the 3 round to border and make an afghan. I'll decide what to do with the 2 rounds later.

Archived