Wedding Hexagon Afghan

Heather414

I haven't been on here as much as I used to, but I still check in and I'm still busy crocheting. This is my latest project that I just wrapped up today. I used Vanna's Choice yarn, which is a pleasure to work with, and an "I" hook. The pattern is a freebie found on Attic24 blog http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2008/11/hexagon-crochet.html. I made this as a wedding gift for my husband's nephew and his future bride. They'll be getting married in a couple of weeks and hopefully they will have lots of happy snuggle time with the gift.

Thanks for looking! :hook

post-28160-135897544443_thumb.jpg

post-28160-135897544447_thumb.jpg

post-28160-13589754445_thumb.jpg

It's beautiful and you did a great job on it. I like the edging and the cream background. Just gorgeous. They'll be so happy to have it.

Oo, I love it! Heather, you have given the afghan a whole new look, framing each hex in the same color. Beautifully done! It's sure to be a hit with the newlyweds and provide years of snuggly comfort. Thanks for sharing.

That turned out beautiful :clap I'm the one over on Raverly who liked your colors so much I borrowed them for myself :lol. I have a few other projects going on so I only have about 20 hexes done, and I'll probably pick it up again in the fall. I do love the colors you picked. I'm color-dumb so when I saw yours, I was like "that's it!". You really did a great job, it looks so 'neat', and I love the half-hexes and the border. That is an awesome gift, WTG!!!

Oh, Don't you just love Attic24? I'm currently making the granny stripe ghan from her site!

Yes! I love Attic24, great inspirational blog! :)

That turned out beautiful :clap I'm the one over on Raverly who liked your colors so much I borrowed them for myself :lol.

Thank you, I'm flattered! :manyheart

And, thank you all for your nice comments. :c9

Beautiful! Love the colors you used and the edging is stunning too! Great job! I know they will treasure it for years to come

That's just beeeeautiful! I also like to frame my square's or hexies with one colour, makes the other colours stand more out, don't you think! How many colours did you use in total? What a great gift to give at a wedding, so precious!

Amanda.

How many colours did you use in total?

I selected 16 different colors and then did the border in beige. Thank you! :)

As for Attic24's blog...I love it! It is so cheerful, she takes the most beautiful photos and I had such a good time looking at all the RV pics! How cute were those!

I enjoy looking at her photos as well and I especially love the photos she takes while on her trips, makes me dream of a place I will likely never visit, but through her blog I can! :)

Thank you again for all your nice compliments. :manyheart

Archived