Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Today has been lots of multi-tasking for me. Not sure where all this energy is coming from, though. :lol This evening is reserved for crocheting. :hook

When you're done with that energy send it this way :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda...WOW! The ghan is unbelievably gorgeous!

Tracy, it looks like you had Christmas all over again. Awesome goodies! And LP is so adorable...think he might like it across the pond?:D

I think so. :devil He is becoming quite the traveller. :lol He is so cute. When his sister cries he rubs her on the shoulder and if she doesn't stop after a couple of rubs, he starts shaking his finger at her. :lol

How cute!

just stopping in to let you guys know Im still alive. Its been VERY rough, but Ill tell you all about it later.

We'll be here when you're ready. Hope everything's okay :hug

So, um Linda, what kind of plans do you have for all these great charts you've made into quilts :D

Ummmm.... I don't know. Would you want them for the HYH site?

just stopping in to let you guys know Im still alive. Its been VERY rough, but Ill tell you all about it later.

Nice to hear from you Erin. Hope things are getting better. We're here and pulling for you. :hug :hug :hug

Ummmm.... I don't know. Would you want them for the HYH site?

Why what a wonderful idea! :devil:rofl If you have charts I can convert them. I still have the directions you sent me ages ago for the multi-color squares :D

Hey guys, just stopping in quick. I'm working on the baby rings since my boss lady wants to have a baby shower the first week of February for the Mom to be. Eek! I have two strips completely done (but not sewn together) and 1 and 80% of another to complete the actual rings of. I'm sure I can get it done in time. Even with vacation this week. So, everyone have a good week. I'll see you all next weekend!

Here it is:

DCP_1551.jpg

Finished size is 51" by 60".

That is just so awesome!

th_100_1636.jpg ATW being appreciated by LP last night. :D

th_100_1637.jpg Yarn that mom brought back for me. :D

th_100_1640.jpg Stitch markers my sister made and sent for me and Denise. :manyheart

th_100_1644.jpg Chocolates just for me. :drool

Oh wow it does look like xmas all over again!

:hiTake your time hun! Having a new baby is very draining but so rewarding!

Hey guys, just stopping in quick. I'm working on the baby rings since my boss lady wants to have a baby shower the first week of February for the Mom to be. Eek! I have two strips completely done (but not sewn together) and 1 and 80% of another to complete the actual rings of. I'm sure I can get it done in time. Even with vacation this week. So, everyone have a good week. I'll see you all next weekend!

:hi Have fun!

Hey ladies

Havent checked in here in awhile ,so I am behind as usual . I need to try to drop in at least daily, as I get too far behind on posts and lose my place .

Linda- the blocks afghan is absolutely stunning. If that doesn't win a blue ribbon in the fair, I'll eat my YARN basket .

Tab- hang in there and try posting when I do, so we can yak . We need to send up some type of system so we know when we post .

Judy- sorry I just now saw your note -- pm coming your way.

Knee surgery is a week from today . Today is the hospital pre-screening doodad thing... no big deal , they listen to your heart, take your b/p and ask a zillion nosey questions, charge you 185 bucks and send you on your merry way .

Hi, Julie! Good luck with the knee surgery.

Thank you, ladies for all the nice compliments on the Stacked Cubes ghan. Cara said it will be at the HYH site later today. WOW! Me on her site! WOW! Who'd have thunk it 2 years ago when I was starting in on the Purple Pinwheel ghan of hers?

Today is primarily snowflakes and angels. And maybe some of the saltines for the Painted Desert. It's been on the back burner for so long now, what with all the filet crochet I did for Christmas.

It's warmed up a little here. Not in the teens any longer. Much better. More later.

Woo hoo!!! :h5:woo Can't wait to see it :hug

Karen - Wow! You're just a saltine making machine! :clap

And my baby blanket turned afghan is done as well :yay But I'm thinking I won't show a photo until after the contest deadline has passed. Paranoid I guess. :lol It was a lot of work just to figure it out let alone make it and I want to guard it til after the deadline :blush

Congrats on finishing. I don't blame you for wanting to keep it a secret.

Here it is:

DCP_1551.jpg

Finished size is 51" by 60".

Wow that is so beautiful. I love it.

th_100_1636.jpg ATW being appreciated by LP last night. :D

th_100_1637.jpg Yarn that mom brought back for me. :D

th_100_1640.jpg Stitch markers my sister made and sent for me and Denise. :manyheart

th_100_1644.jpg Chocolates just for me. :drool

Aww He's so cute. What a wonderful goodies to get.

Hey ladies

Havent checked in here in awhile ,so I am behind as usual . I need to try to drop in at least daily, as I get too far behind on posts and lose my place .

Linda- the blocks afghan is absolutely stunning. If that doesn't win a blue ribbon in the fair, I'll eat my YARN basket .

Tab- hang in there and try posting when I do, so we can yak . We need to send up some type of system so we know when we post .

Knee surgery is a week from today . Today is the hospital pre-screening doodad thing... no big deal , they listen to your heart, take your b/p and ask a zillion nosey questions, charge you 185 bucks and send you on your merry way .

Good luck with the prescreening.

Still working on the scrappydo ghan. I just have to sew the last row on and do a easy-peasy sc border around it.

Morning ladies -

I had a question regarding the Irish Chain afghan. I "think" Mary is one of the ones who have finished one. Forgive me if I am missing anyone else who has done one or is working on one. I've been away for so long, I am not real updated on things, but I had a question :

Could any of you tell me how many squares / oz .yarn used for one of these ?

Thanks --:)

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Hi Julie! Here is a great website for planning an Irish Chain. Several people have made one in a cuddle size; mine is 5 x 5 blocks so whatever size you want works!

Val ~ Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful cruise. :manyheart

Morning Jules! :hi Yes, you should try to come play with us at least once a day :manyheart Good luck on the knee surgery. I'm jealous. I need that surgery but have to wait until I'm 50 :P

Hi, Julie! Good luck with the knee surgery.

Thank you, ladies for all the nice compliments on the Stacked Cubes ghan. Cara said it will be at the HYH site later today. WOW! Me on her site! WOW! Who'd have thunk it 2 years ago when I was starting in on the Purple Pinwheel ghan of hers?

I'm honored that you have so generously let me put it on the site :manyheart Hopefully we can add some more. I started a whole folder with your name on it :devil Just one more question answered and a bit more caffeine in my system and it'll be up there :yay

Thanks for the well wishes, guys .

Linda- you have made lots of things that would definitely qualify for Cara's website-- all your afghans have been so pretty .

Oh she's got tons of them. She thinks I've done something for her but seeing what all she's done with this little idea makes me burst with pride and keeps me going on those days I don't want to :manyheart

Morning ladies -

I had a question regarding the Irish Chain afghan. I "think" Mary is one of the ones who have finished one. Forgive me if I am missing anyone else who has done one or is working on one. I've been away for so long, I am not real updated on things, but I had a question :

Could any of you tell me how many squares / oz .yarn used for one of these ?

Thanks --:)

Hmmm, can't go by mine. Mine's for a king size bed. :eek What was I thinking? :rofl It's still not done :rofl

My February scarf got off to a bad, bad start yesterday. Every idea I had didn't work out :lol That happens a lot though. There's about 20 failures for every success and I'm fully aware of that. Gonna work on it more today :hook

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Hi Julie! Here is a great website for planning an Irish Chain. Several people have made one in a cuddle size; mine is 5 x 5 blocks so whatever size you want works!

Val ~ Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful cruise. :manyheart

Hmmmm, Mary's IC. Now there's another one I'd like to add :devil See? I'm just putting all of y'all to work :rofl No, seriously though I have met some of the most talented women ever here and it tickles me no end to add other people's work :manyheart

Archived