Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

~~~~~~ :welcometo our House ~~~~

This is a long running CAL, which originally started when a group began making quiltghans ,using patterns from this website:

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/

Some of us have been here a long time, others are new members .

Everyone is welcome ,whether you just found Crochetville, or if you've been a member since the beginning .

Our goal is to make this into a friendly place where there's no pressure ,no timelines ,and everyone can work on their own projects at their own pace .

Come on in . :yes

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for having me y'all! JoAnns is having the Caron One Pounders on sale for $5 each starting Sunday so I am going to buy the yarn for it then. Also for my sons spiderman afghan for his bday in Feb. I been eyeing a few other blankets on happy yellow house I might do another. :D

:hi Hi Jessica!!

HI!!!!!:hi

Of course! Join us as soon as you can :crocheting The saltines work up quickly, and you may be surprised at how soon you can finish the pink ribbon :yes

I do hope it works out for me. I tend to loose my attention span when my oldest son gains his lol. He's got ADHD so it's rare but it happens when I get going on a project.

Sure! Come on in and pull up a chair :hook

A comfy one please. The library chairs are killing me. Such is life when the only place your kids will do their homework is in the library.

Hi everyone. We got home about 6 this evening and just wanted to check in. I'll go back through posts in the morning and post the Friday "scorecard" sometime tomorrow. :hook

Welcome, Jessica. :)

Joyce, your Just Ducky is wonderful. :cheer

Erin ~ Great progress and your colors are great.

Jessica, I soooo didn't need to know that about Caron! Wait, I don't have any room for yarn. I think I'll stay away from Joann's, maybe.

Speaking of yarn, I got my e-letter from Lion today and Vanna's has new yarn! They call it Shimmer (I think it was) and looks very pretty!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!

I am only working 1/2 a day today so I can come home and get ready for all the people coming over to "trick or treat". We are having Nachos so that everyone can eat as they wish. Last night I made the cutest bread spider out of Rhodes frozen loaves. there is a video on their site that showing you exactly how to do it. IT was soo easy and cute. (next time I will buy the Wheat bread (darker)..I am going to put dip in the body part. My kids are going to be "A woman President" (no she isn't Hillary), a pop star and spiderman. :devil We are actually going to have great weather here in Colorado.. 63 when they start outside. :clapYAA (odd for here)

What does everyone else have planned tonight? What costumes will be invading your house? Maybe tomorrow I can get back to crocheting.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!:jack

Michele

Nothing for me tonight. I have to work :( I'm hoping that since it's Halloween it'll be nice and quiet. I'm also hoping that like last year, I don't get any trick or treaters. I work from home with my part time job and it wouldn't be cool to have people knocking at my door causing my dog to bark.

Nothing for us tonight either. Our complex is having a lil party in the office but thats mainly for the kiddies to get some candy. We already dropped off a big bag of candy for them so I feel like maybe watching a scary movie or something. Too bad I have to work in the morning so I may try not to scare myself =p :lol

Mary 33 solids for me please :hook

Jessica, I soooo didn't need to know that about Caron! Wait, I don't have any room for yarn. I think I'll stay away from Joann's, maybe.

Speaking of yarn, I got my e-letter from Lion today and Vanna's has new yarn! They call it Shimmer (I think it was) and looks very pretty!

Yep, little steep on the the Vanna yarn though. $3.99 for 1.75 oz. Not really bad for a special occassion yarn though. Was just wishing last night that it came in a sport weight. Maybe that'll be next :hook

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!

I am only working 1/2 a day today so I can come home and get ready for all the people coming over to "trick or treat". We are having Nachos so that everyone can eat as they wish. Last night I made the cutest bread spider out of Rhodes frozen loaves. there is a video on their site that showing you exactly how to do it. IT was soo easy and cute. (next time I will buy the Wheat bread (darker)..I am going to put dip in the body part. My kids are going to be "A woman President" (no she isn't Hillary), a pop star and spiderman. :devil We are actually going to have great weather here in Colorado.. 63 when they start outside. :clapYAA (odd for here)

What does everyone else have planned tonight? What costumes will be invading your house? Maybe tomorrow I can get back to crocheting.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!:jack

Michele

Sounds like y'all have a big night lined up :clap We never get any trick or treaters. My night will be the same as it has been for the last 3 years. Keeping my cats out of the windows. They're both black cats (I love black cats, they're so sleek :)) and there are some sickos in town that are seeking out black cats specifically. Even shooting them through windows of houses :angry But they've gotten good at staying out of them at night. So gaming or crocheting for me :D

What happened to my nice fallish weather? :rant It was so nice for 3 days and now I've had the a/c back on for 2 days :grump I want those lows in the 40s or 30s again!

What happened to my nice fallish weather? :rant It was so nice for 3 days and now I've had the a/c back on for 2 days :grump I want those lows in the 40s or 30s again!

It was cool here this morning again. Not as bad as the last few days. But it's supposed to get hot again. I've been liking our weather. It's been gorgeous!

It was cool here this morning again. Not as bad as the last few days. But it's supposed to get hot again. I've been liking our weather. It's been gorgeous!

It was 85 degrees here yesterday :( Gonna be close to 80 again today. Already 70. And we're only getting down to the upper 50s to low 60s at night. That's nowhere near cool. But on the upside I think we go back to regular time this weekend don't we? Gosh I hope so. I still think daylight savings time is a communist conspiracy :lol

Happy Halloween, everyone. :jack Slowly, but surely getting caught up from being gone. DD and her DH are having a party tonight and we'll go for a little while. We don't usually have very many kids come out here to our house, so I'll take the candy to DD's.

Here's what I have since I last replied:

Dusti - 25 solids

Laura Lee - 24 solids/4 bi colors

Donna - 32 solids

Erin - 33 solids

Me - 33 solids :D

It was 29 here at 7AM but is up to 57 now... the wind shifty so it is coming from the south instead of the North.. that's nice the kids won't have to wear snow suits just warm clothes... we take the kids to friends and relatives then hit the Light the Night party in town... it is put on by area churches... they have games and hayride and free food all in an enclosed area...

4 more posts

its any AWESOME 55 degrees and sunny here! :clap Should warm up a lil bit too. Which is good cause Hubby has to be on the flight line a lot today. No gortex for him today! YAH! This weekend will be their last flights for a LONG time its really pretty darn sad. I've grown used to them flying over and all that fun stuff. He still comes home smelling like airplane :plane though so thats good, and hopefully the job slots will be released quickly now that they don't have a lot to do...long story! We can't wait to start house hunting :D Tonight Im making Momma's chicken noodle soup :soup:jumpyay:drool

Updated Friday, 10/31/08 :)

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1809

Dusti (rii698) 1721

Karen (econ-nerd) 1696

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1307

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1188

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Val (Priszm) 792

Donna (sewnsew) 769

Wendy (Aussie) *** 711

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 657

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Heather (hseger) 517

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Erin (EMedley) 323

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 236

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Mary (Skysmom) *** 53

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Thanks gals for all the nice comments about my colors. They are so close to my parents bedroom colors its unreal! I think it will be very pretty once its all done =) And to think, I was gonna do a ripple! oOoOh whoever posts next makes 20000!

Erin, I'm assuming hubby is in the military. Where are you guys hoping to be able to look at?

I think I'm gonna sneak out a little early today. I want to swing by Target and get DBF a bday card. I got him a Gordon Ramsay cookbook, but somehow I feel it's not the right thing, even though I know he'll love it. So I might look around there.

Erin, I'm assuming hubby is in the military. Where are you guys hoping to be able to look at?

I think I'm gonna sneak out a little early today. I want to swing by Target and get DBF a bday card. I got him a Gordon Ramsay cookbook, but somehow I feel it's not the right thing, even though I know he'll love it. So I might look around there.

yep! He's in the Air National Guard(air force), full time though. So basically he works there 4 days/40 hours a week doing the same stuff that the "weekend warriors" do, then on top of that he still does the 1 weekend a month/2weeks a year thing. They also deploy overseas too. He's done 1 tour of duty. He works on A-10 warthogs and is a mechanic, loves it. I think its really pretty sweet. BUT the base here is really small and it will be "changing missions" so they are going to send the A-10s to the East side of the state and get different planes/missions. SO most of the people that have been with his fighter wing will be moving on with the jets. Its a BIG base about 20 minutes North of Detroit MI. So that is where we should be come March/April :D if not sooner. They just have to work out all the jobs/interviews ect. Im super excited to finally get a house to call our own. This apartment gets smaller and smaller with all the baby stuff that we got now! :lol

NOOOO, she said the T word....Target....ekkkk! I gotta work tomorrow lol

I wish I could get my other half a cookbook, and have him USE it! Hes great to me, but never really cooks, unless its grilling. ;)

I actually do most of the cooking. I'm off work before he is. I don't mind, I just wish when I asked him what he wants he'd actually tell me. I get tired of being the one to decide dinner all the time.

I actually do most of the cooking. I'm off work before he is. I don't mind, I just wish when I asked him what he wants he'd actually tell me. I get tired of being the one to decide dinner all the time.

I hear ya :yes BD and I used to go through that all the time. I finally just gave up and now he has two choices for supper....eat what I made or starve :rofl Tonight is meatloaf. I love meatloaf, he hates it. Or least he hates mine because mine's like a brick :lol

I hear ya :yes BD and I used to go through that all the time. I finally just gave up and now he has two choices for supper....eat what I made or starve :rofl Tonight is meatloaf. I love meatloaf, he hates it. Or least he hates mine because mine's like a brick :lol

You must use very lean beef...that happen to me if I get the very lean beef for burgers....:P

Oh gosh meatloaf, I haven't had that in years!! I just made chicken noodle soup...sooooo good

Archived