Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Erin, you remind me of my Mom! She has Crohn's and a couple years ago I had to run her to the ER. But first, she needed clothes. So I grab some shorts, aiming for something with a loose waistband. "No! I don't want those! Those are my cleaning shorts and they have bleach spots!" "But Mom, they have a loose waistband" Found a different pair of shorts, started to go through the same thing with underwear and gave up. It didn't matter to her that she'd be in a hospital gown in a bit :lol

Yeah, I kinda gave up on caring when I had to go to the ER early in my pregnancy, it was the last thing on my mind til I was in a gown and then had to have an exam! All I could say to the nurse was "don't mind the black prickles" Pretty sure none of the doctors will care, nor will they say anything anyhow :lol:lol At least I can shave my arm pits!!! HAHA! :D I just got a lil down the night I couldn't do it myself...Im not one for feeling helpless. Then the hormones kicked in and I was just a mess, my husband offered to help so I put him to work. Ive done 10 chapstick cozies today :yay but still so much to do!! Guys that are so particular(even about golf balls and tees!) are hard to make crochet gifts for, may just have to buy them something and put it in the bags.

Mary ~ not sure where you have me on counts! My cold made me loss track of the number I gave you, but if it helps Im up to 379 solids :hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha you guys are funny. I think I've almost given up on shaving, just going to try it once a week from now on! Not too much longer to go anyhow. Hubby helped me last night since I can't reach my ankles and the experience was seriously laughable! I wish we had taped it or something. His face was priceless...he kept freaking out thinking he was gonna cut me. :D

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Erin, you remind me of my Mom! She has Crohn's and a couple years ago I had to run her to the ER. But first, she needed clothes. So I grab some shorts, aiming for something with a loose waistband. "No! I don't want those! Those are my cleaning shorts and they have bleach spots!" "But Mom, they have a loose waistband" Found a different pair of shorts, started to go through the same thing with underwear and gave up. It didn't matter to her that she'd be in a hospital gown in a bit :lol

Y'all are cracking me up :rofl BD can empathize with this story though. I was having a seizure once and he needed to get me to the hospital but I kept insisting that he comb my hair first :lol :lol

'Morning, ladies. :) I'm off to the doctor, then home, then to the Vet for Maggie's check-up. Doesn't that sound like a fun morning? :lol

I'll post the Smackdown list when I get back. Have a great day. :manyheart

Oh yucky morning for you :P Get that no-fun stuff outta the way so you can come play with us :hook

I think I'm having serious saltine withdrawls. Do you realize that I haven't made any saltines for almost 2 months now :eek No wonder everything seems to take forever :lol Gotta wrap up these other WIPs but quick! I have two quilts I wanna make :hook

Cara... quick make 2 saltines and call me in the morning... got to go making stew for supper got veggies to peel and cut up...

:rofl :rofl

Mmmm, stew :drool We're having leftover chili from last night. I love it even more the next day!

I still have Chili in my freezer from last week's batch. You're right, it's even better later!

I got hit with a very sudden migrain today adn I tried to deal. But it wasn't happening. So I told my boss I needed to leave and her first response was "Do you think you'll have your stuff done in time?" Grrr! It just further cements my desire to, instead of finding a new job, find a career. On the plus side, I'm actually narrowing my options! And I requested info from my local community college!

Mary ~ not sure where you have me on counts! My cold made me loss track of the number I gave you, but if it helps Im up to 379 solids :hook

Done!

I think I'm having serious saltine withdrawls. Do you realize that I haven't made any saltines for almost 2 months now :eek No wonder everything seems to take forever :lol Gotta wrap up these other WIPs but quick! I have two quilts I wanna make :hook

OH NO! 2 months is too long...that's got to be a record. :think

Maggie and I are home. She's doing really well and I'm "supposed to keep her quiet for another day or two"...easier said than done. :lol In just 3 weeks on my BP meds, it was normal today even with the cold which is officially a sinus infection. Good news and bad news. :rolleyes

Val - Dontcha just love the compassion of some employers :irk

Mary - Good news on the BP. Bad on the sinus infection :( Hope it clears up soon :hug Yeah, you gotta love when the vet tells you to keep them quite and calm. Especially when it's Tuon. After she was fixed she just kept wanting to pounce on Misa :lol

Here are the updated scores as of today. If anyone wants to be added, removed or finds any mistakes please let me know. :hook

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1809

Dusti (rii698) 1796

Karen (econ-nerd) 1744

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1307

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Val (Priszm) 792

Donna (sewnsew) 785

Wendy (Aussie) *** 711

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 657

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Heather (hseger) 517

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Erin (EMedley) 379

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 236

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Mary (Skysmom) *** 95

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Cara, you have already given us many gifts...sharing your patterns and your friendship! :)

Speaking of your patterns, I'm going to put on some comfy sweats and curl up with my hook and little squares. :hook

Cara, you have already given us many gifts...sharing your patterns and your friendship! :)

Speaking of your patterns, I'm going to put on some comfy sweats and curl up with my hook and little squares. :hook

Awwww, you are always so sweet :manyheart

Comfy sweat and little squares sounds like a great afternoon to me :hook

:rofl :rofl

Mmmm, stew :drool We're having leftover chili from last night. I love it even more the next day!

We're having chili too. BTW, how did that ground chicken ever work out for you!?!?

Comfy sweat and little squares

:think Dunno about you, but I've never found SWEAT to be comfy... :rofl :rofl

(You get misunderstood award for the day!)

We're having chili too. BTW, how did that ground chicken ever work out for you!?!?

:think Dunno about you, but I've never found SWEAT to be comfy... :rofl :rofl

(You get misunderstood award for the day!)

:rofl :rofl Guess it's my turn today :rofl

I forgot all about the ground chicken! Really, I'm beginning to get a bit concerned about the last couple of weeks. I'm afraid to find out what else I've forgotten :lol I can deal with the chronic stuff but give me a cold/sinus infection type thing and I just fall apart :lol

Yeah hubby was just hilarious...which I needed because hes been gone so much lately it was leaving me a bit down. Course he wont be able to slow down til Alex comes either :( Poor guy, at least we both got a laugh outta something though.

Sounds like the pooch is doing better, our kidos are still adjusting to having no front claws. They are changed I swear, like....more lovey, whiney, ect. Its cute though, lets me know they still love their terrible momma.

I am having saltine withdraw also, but thats cause I got my yarn ball winder today in the mail. :clap its a pretty cool lil thing it is.

I also feel the pain of employers that wanna be jerk heads! I just finally decided I didn't care if I were sick cause so many people call in/leave early, ect that why should I suffer through a day so you don't give me grief later or write me up or something. Hope the headache feels better!

Im fighting the cold.... :eek:sick:sneeze:yawn:out:morcoffee

Thanks guys! An almost two hour nap took care of it, thankfully! And, it even gave me a revelation :D

One of the things I'm leaning towards is Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), which from what I understand basically does the same thing as a PT, but doesn't design the therapy. Pay is pretty good too. The problem I ran into with that though, there's only two schools in my area that are accredited, both are roughly an hour away tops (considering traffic and everything). I NEED to keep insurance. I can't not have it now due to the MS. My revelation? I could go full time with my part time job so I can get the benefits there. Because I do inbound sales for a television shopping channel that's "open" 24 hours, there's more flexibility for shifts for me! Once I get my credit card debt paid off, that might be a possibility. Another thing I'm considering is taking what classes I can at my local community college - like Anatomy and Physiology - then going to one of the other two for the actual PTA courses. That's just one consideration right now. Decisions, decisions :lol

So, I started another saltine project last night. This one I have no deadline for so I'm going to take it slow and do it as I can. I'm doing the Diamond Square design by Leslie Greiff . I started it last night and got half of the first square done. These go so quick.

Joyce

Val - Glad your headache is better :hug Do you work exclusively from home?

Joyce - Hiya hon :hi Welcome back to the saltine brigade :hook

My part time job, yes. My full time job, no. FT I work at home Mon, Tues and Wed. So having the access worked out well today. Once the head was better, I was able to log on and work some more.

One of the things I'm leaning towards is Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), which from what I understand basically does the same thing as a PT, but doesn't design the therapy. Pay is pretty good too. The problem I ran into with that though, there's only two schools in my area that are accredited, both are roughly an hour away tops (considering traffic and everything). I NEED to keep insurance. I can't not have it now due to the MS. My revelation? I could go full time with my part time job so I can get the benefits there. Because I do inbound sales for a television shopping channel that's "open" 24 hours, there's more flexibility for shifts for me! Once I get my credit card debt paid off, that might be a possibility. Another thing I'm considering is taking what classes I can at my local community college - like Anatomy and Physiology - then going to one of the other two for the actual PTA courses. That's just one consideration right now. Decisions, decisions :lol

My thoughts are to not wait until the debt is paid off to start school. If you can still work PT and make your payments, you'll be able to pay them off faster in the long run with a better job. I agree you should take as many courses at your local college as possible. You often get better attention at the community college level because there are fewer students. Being cheaper is just a real nice bonus. I would ask the "big" college about transferring credits before you start though, just to make sure.

I wanted to start another baby saltine project, mom :rofl and almost fell off her chair. I wanted to know what was wrong, she managed to get out "start ANOTHER project". :rolleyes

Aaaaah, sometimes the truth hurts! :rofl

I wanted to start another baby saltine project, mom :rofl and almost fell off her chair. I wanted to know what was wrong, she managed to get out "start ANOTHER project". :rolleyes

Hmmm, that British humor can be odd at times. :think I don't understand why this is funny? :devil

My part time job, yes. My full time job, no. FT I work at home Mon, Tues and Wed. So having the access worked out well today. Once the head was better, I was able to log on and work some more.

Oh I see now. I just keep thinking I want a job. Don't know that I want a job so much as I want the money :lol Just has to be something that is incredibly flexible because I'm sick so often. :sigh

Had a little nappy poo because I was starting to feel a bit punk again and it seems to have cured it right up :D

Archived