Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhhh that was good meatloaf :c9 Made it with ground turkey this time and it was great. BD ended up eating a big lunch and he said he wasn't hungry even before he discovered it was meatloaf :lol

Hey there!

I've been swamped with life and I sure miss you guys! I'll have to post my saltine count later, but right now I want to put up a picture of my girls for Halloween. Because of her Penguin Cuddle Quilt, Mary decided to be a penguin, her sister was a "kitty with a yellow belly". I might have to draft a pattern for that.

Both girls - click

th_P1020122.jpgth_P1020122.jpg

Mary - side view - click

th_P1020124.jpg

URL%5D

:jack Happy Halloween Everyone!

oh my goodness they are sooooo cute! Just got off the phone with my mom and I kept hearing the doorbell ring and lil cuties saying "trick or treat" I miss dressing up and doing that haha! Fun part is, you get to do it all over again with the little ones

Good Morning, ladies. :) I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Leighanne, your kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing the pictures. :manyheart

Cara, your meatloaf sounds really good. Did you use any extra seasonings or liquid with the turkey? DH might try it. ;)

Val, when is DBF's Birthday? Wish him a "Happy Day" from us!

DD's party was lots of fun. Some of their friends brought their little ones and took them t or t on their street. Some came in great costumes. DH and I along with the in-laws sat on the big porch and handed out candy.

Still catching up from our trip and hope to have some crochet time today. :hook

Hey there!

I've been swamped with life and I sure miss you guys! I'll have to post my saltine count later, but right now I want to put up a picture of my girls for Halloween. Because of her Penguin Cuddle Quilt, Mary decided to be a penguin, her sister was a "kitty with a yellow belly". I might have to draft a pattern for that.

Both girls - click

th_P1020122.jpg

Mary - side view - click

th_P1020124.jpg

:jack Happy Halloween Everyone!

OMGoodness!! Aren't they just the cutest things!! :manyheart

Good Morning, ladies. :) I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Leighanne, your kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing the pictures. :manyheart

Cara, your meatloaf sounds really good. Did you use any extra seasonings or liquid with the turkey? DH might try it. ;)

Val, when is DBF's Birthday? Wish him a "Happy Day" from us!

DD's party was lots of fun. Some of their friends brought their little ones and took them t or t on their street. Some came in great costumes. DH and I along with the in-laws sat on the big porch and handed out candy.

Still catching up from our trip and hope to have some crochet time today. :hook

Sounds like you had a fabulous evening :manyheart Yep, put an egg, Italian bread crumbs, my standard Mrs Dash garlic & herb and Lowry's season salt and a little ketchup. And some onion. We're onion freaks :D Put it all in a ziploc bag, squished it all together, dumped it in the pan then baked it. Since he didn't eat last night it'll be meatloaf tonight and it should be even better on day 2 :drool

Sorry I just dropped off last night. Ended up with yet another virus somehow. Guess I have to quit perusing the net :sigh Took BD hours to fix. In fact, I went to bed before he was even done.

Did get 3 more BB squares done last night though :hook

Leighanne. Cute Trick r Treaters!!!

My family loves meatloaf. but time is a hard thing for me. So, we put the meat into muffin tins and they only have to cook for 30 min. IT is a hit at my house.

We had about 15 people at my little house. And it looks like we will be eating Nacho leftover for days.

Now that Halloween is over, and today is the last of the kids' soccer games. Finally some "down time". MAYBE crochet time. It just seems weird to have 75 degrees weather. My kids had shorts on under their costumes (that is a first for us in Colorado)..

I just wanted to thank this board for being so active and nice. I look forward to popping in and seeing what everyone is up to.

Thanks,

Michele

Hello, everyone. It seems like forever since I've been here and I miss you all dreadfully badly. :manyheart:hug :hug :manyheartThere's never enough time at the library to do anything but skim a few of the comments. I've done 4 preemie afghans this week.

John's been hunting a few times, but no one's shot anything. They have seen some deer but they've been out of range.

I have 5 1/2 filet pieces done for Christmas. 2 1/2 to go.

Mary, congratulations on making the 2,000 saltines mark! :yay:clap:yay:clap:yay

My daughter is coming for an aquarium convention in Atlanta and is going to spent a week with me before hand. Whee!!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing her again. It's been about 3 years since we've been able to get together. Too long, but with her in Iowa and me in Georgia it's a long haul. She gets in next Saturday. I'm counting down the days.

Thanks to audio books I've made my 50 book challenge for 2008 with 2 months to spare. I really like listening to them while I crochet in the evenings. I bought yarn for two more shawls today. I found a gorgeous pattern at crochet central that's very lacy and pretty.

Take care everyone. Love you all.:crocheting

Linda!!!! We've missed you, too!!!!

Enjoy your DD's visit...

Any sign of getting an internet connection at home??

At least Your getting more :crocheting done than some of us are:P

Hugs and hugs....:manyheart

Leighanne, they are adorable! I had no ToTer's last night. Which was good since I was working. But man I miss seeing those little ones.

Cara, that bag is a really good idea! I've never thought of that before! I made these recently. I love it and they're so simple. But mixing up the meat stuff when it's cold makes my hands soooo hurt. I'll have to remember the bag idea next time.

Mary, DBF's bday is tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!

Hi everyone. :manyheart

Jessica~Thanks for the info on the Vanna's yarn at JoAnns. Maybe I'd better stay away from there. :lol

Cara, your recipe sounds yummy. I was wondering if it was moist enough without extra liquid...I make Turkey burgers with finely diced, sauteed apples just to add moisture and a "what is that taste" ingredient.

LINDA! Have a wonderful time with DD. :hugCongratulations on finishing your filet pieces, preemie ghans and your book challenge, too. :yay

Hi Val ~ :birthday to DBF!

The U of Texas/Texas Tech game just started...Hook 'Em Horns. :cheer

Hey all thought I'd pop in here real quick and show you the pictures of the quilts.

Here is the garden quilt.

th_HPIM2757.jpg

The BIC.

th_HPIM2756.jpg

I don't remember if I posted the AGC finished. But here it is anyway. LOL

th_AGCfinished.jpg

They are all clicky.

Those look so good! I love your Double IC!! I've been crocheting. I switched to the Christmas and went with a RR in the Vanna's Choice pinks. So far I've got 18 rounds done and I'm using an N hook w/ 2 strands held together. It's nice and soft and warm :D

Leighanne. Cute Trick r Treaters!!!

My family loves meatloaf. but time is a hard thing for me. So, we put the meat into muffin tins and they only have to cook for 30 min. IT is a hit at my house.

We had about 15 people at my little house. And it looks like we will be eating Nacho leftover for days.

Leftover nachos for days would've made my DH a VERY happy camper. :lol He didn't even eat leftover meatloaf tonight. He made himself frozen quesadillas and quiche lorraine. What a combo :yuck

Hello, everyone. It seems like forever since I've been here and I miss you all dreadfully badly. :manyheart:hug :hug :manyheartThere's never enough time at the library to do anything but skim a few of the comments. I've done 4 preemie afghans this week.

John's been hunting a few times, but no one's shot anything. They have seen some deer but they've been out of range.

I have 5 1/2 filet pieces done for Christmas. 2 1/2 to go.

Mary, congratulations on making the 2,000 saltines mark! :yay:clap:yay:clap:yay

My daughter is coming for an aquarium convention in Atlanta and is going to spent a week with me before hand. Whee!!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing her again. It's been about 3 years since we've been able to get together. Too long, but with her in Iowa and me in Georgia it's a long haul. She gets in next Saturday. I'm counting down the days.

Thanks to audio books I've made my 50 book challenge for 2008 with 2 months to spare. I really like listening to them while I crochet in the evenings. I bought yarn for two more shawls today. I found a gorgeous pattern at crochet central that's very lacy and pretty.

Take care everyone. Love you all.:crocheting

LINDA!!!! :hug:manyheart Please, please, PULLLEEZE tell John we want your internet fixed as our Christmas gift....and early please :D What do you mean he didn't plan to get us anything for Christmas? :lol Have fun with DD :manyheart

Leighanne, they are adorable! I had no ToTer's last night. Which was good since I was working. But man I miss seeing those little ones.

Cara, that bag is a really good idea!

I never thought of it either until I saw a tip show about 8 years ago and that was one of the tips :lol

Cara, your recipe sounds yummy. I was wondering if it was moist enough without extra liquid...I make Turkey burgers with finely diced, sauteed apples just to add moisture and a "what is that taste" ingredient.

Yeah if you don't like it as a brick it'll definitely need more liquid. Probably milk. I never put the milk in mine because I like that lead weight result :lol

Hey all thought I'd pop in here real quick and show you the pictures of the quilts.

Here is the garden quilt.

th_HPIM2757.jpg

The BIC.

th_HPIM2756.jpg

I don't remember if I posted the AGC finished. But here it is anyway. LOL

th_AGCfinished.jpg

They are all clicky.

Gorgeous just gorgeous!! :clap I forgot all about my IC :oops Wanted it done by t-giving. Guess it'll be after the first of the year :lol

Linda, just in case you check online today (I'm hoping!). Can you share the link for the shawl you're doing? I've been thinking I might make myself a wrap before we go on our cruise since I tend to get cold easily.

Cara, that bag is a really good idea! I've never thought of that before! I made these recently. I love it and they're so simple. But mixing up the meat stuff when it's cold makes my hands soooo hurt. I'll have to remember the bag idea next time.

That recipe looks great!

Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Val ~ Can't wait to see your RR in Vanna's yarn! I love working with it. :yarn

Donna, congratulations on being so close to finishing your IC. :cheer

It's a beautiful day and I'm going to pull the last of the summer flowers. We don't usually have a freeze until mid-November, but it's time to plant pansies. :yes

'Hope everyone is having a good day. :manyheart

Archived