Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

sadly I made no progress on the Geo101 today due to work then helping a friend with her super cute wedding favors, then spending FOREVER in KFC(I was a big ticked off with retail today already!) then I working on the lil boys stocking for a bit, but Im really sore and tired so I'll just rest and work on it after our lovely doctors appointment tomorrow. Frankly Im getting darn sick of going to those and its only going to become more frequent in these last couple few weeks! urgh.. aren't I just a happy camper today?? sheesh =p

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy everyone :hi

I am so busy with the GT lately that I havent done anything else. I am making a GT tablecloth for Mum for xmas and it needs to measure 112inches by 59inches. Still a way to go Im afraid.

Erin sounds like you need huggies. :hug

Donna your work is just fabulous. :clap

Mary thanks for keeping count of our saltines for us. :hug

Tracy wow your nearly there, you go girl.:cheer

Cara hows the BB going. When do you have to get it finished for the contest, and do you just send in a pic or do you send the project in. Hope BD got rid of the virus on your computer, they are a pain arent they.

Linda its so great to hear from you, hope you can get the internet working at home soon. Have fun with your daughter, thats great that she is coming over to visit you.

Everyone your doing really well with the saltine making. :cheer

You guys are so great at commenting on everyone's posts. I love to read them but I can never keep track of who said what. Maybe as I get to know people better, it will be easier.

Today was a "stay at home day". We finally had a day with NOTHING to do. I finished 3 ponchos, and a scarf. (still need to tuck the icky ends in), I also finished some cross stitching on an afghan, so all I have to do now is back it.

THEN I GOT TO WORK ON MY IC... I put together my first big lock of 25 saltines. YAAA.

Now that the time change has me screwed up, I am off to bed. I am usaully up another hr but not tonight.

Take care ladies.

Michele

Wendy - I have 11 of 16 BB squares done. The deadline is Feb 9th I believe. Right around there somewhere. You send a photo first then if they pick you as a finalist then you send the piece in. I like that. That way I don't spend a fortune on postage if it's not necessary :D

Michele - The time change is great :yes Just think...you get an extra hour of sleep :D

You guys are so great at commenting on everyone's posts. I love to read them but I can never keep track of who said what. Maybe as I get to know people better, it will be easier.

Today was a "stay at home day". We finally had a day with NOTHING to do. I finished 3 ponchos, and a scarf. (still need to tuck the icky ends in), I also finished some cross stitching on an afghan, so all I have to do now is back it.

THEN I GOT TO WORK ON MY IC... I put together my first big lock of 25 saltines. YAAA.

Now that the time change has me screwed up, I am off to bed. I am usaully up another hr but not tonight.

Take care ladies.

Michele

It will get easier to keep up once you know us. I felt very confused when I first joined the ville!

...and my 10 yo GSD is still on the old time:tired

Wendy - I have 11 of 16 BB squares done. The deadline is Feb 9th I believe. Right around there somewhere. You send a photo first then if they pick you as a finalist then you send the piece in. I like that. That way I don't spend a fortune on postage if it's not necessary :D

Michele - The time change is great :yes Just think...you get an extra hour of sleep :D

Uh oh! I missed the part about sending in the actual item. I was thinking about entering the RR, but I won't have it to send it. Hmmm, guess I need to rethink the contest.

Good Morning, everyone. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets messed up everytime the time changes occur...misery loves company. ;):D

Erin ~ Here's to a better day for you today. :hug

Michele, congratulations on finishing the ponchos and scarf! And :cheerfor having the first IC block done.

Hi Wendy! You are welcome. :manyheart Wow! Your GT will be lovely as a tablecloth. Can't wait to see it.

Cara, great progress on your Becky's Blocks. :hook

Hi to Judy and Val, too. :)

Hi, Mary....I moved one UFO out of a plastic tote and saw my ATW sitting there. Poor sad thing will have to linger a little longer. I need to get a few small things out of the way. I might actually complete a UFO before Christmas if I don't add anything else to my list!:lol

It will get easier to keep up once you know us. I felt very confused when I first joined the ville!

...and my 10 yo GSD is still on the old time:tired

Uh oh. Was Susie up at 4:30 this morning? Tuon did fine til the alarm went off then she started meowing along with it. Oh did I mention she was asleep next to my head when the meowing started? :lol

After gaining an hour of sleep I still went to bed way too late :blush Was 4:30 (5:30 old time) before I went to bed. Got into my audiobook and the Sp project I was making. I really should just put things away an hour before I wanna go to sleep :lol

Good evening --

Dinner is just about ready to come out of the oven, so I cannot take more than a minute here, but I think I am all caught up on reading the posts I missed over the weekend. You were a chatty bunch :)

Please add 50 solids for my IC.

I will pop in and say, "Hi!" again in the morning. Have a great one, everyone :manyheart

Uh oh. Was Susie up at 4:30 this morning? Tuon did fine til the alarm went off then she started meowing along with it. Oh did I mention she was asleep next to my head when the meowing started? :lol

After gaining an hour of sleep I still went to bed way too late :blush Was 4:30 (5:30 old time) before I went to bed. Got into my audiobook and the Sp project I was making. I really should just put things away an hour before I wanna go to sleep :lol

SHe woke me at 1:30 to go out again (I should have left her out longer...my bad)

Then she started at 4 AM...metronome-like yipping. I finally got up at 5 and she went in the corner and napped, her job done, till she saw her breakfast bowl!

Today was def better! :clap Thanks for all the long distant :hug huggies! I guess hubby had a frustrating day Sunday too. :blush He was told he was getting a medal at an awards ceremony they are having in Dec but apparently hes not anymore and he already received his other one so he doesn't even need to wear his blues for it anymore, but he made 3 trips to the BX to update his ribbons for his blues jacket so he was kinda bummed. :( I told him he needed to do it anyways, he was like 10 ribbons and several ornaments behind! Doctors visit was pleasant today! We have 6 doctors we have to meet so we met a new one today and he assured me Alex is right on track and not to worry about his size or my size. Ive already come to the realization that Im going to gain more than the 30lbs the recommend but I don't care cause baby is healthy and I can always loose the weight after. I was able to get in a really nice nap and bath today ! :c9 I also sewed some of the Geo 101 together too! probably will do some more of that when I get done on here, and a few rows of the ripple thats more than 1/2 way done now!

Hi Dusti! I hope you and the girls had a good weekend with your parents. :) 50 more added.:hook

Judy, I love your description of your "poor sad ATW." :lol It will probably be just fine lingering a little longer. ;)

We've had quite a day - thank goodness DH is in town until Wed. Maggie was scheduled for a check up with our new vet. He ended up keeping her and removing 5 abscessed(sp) teeth.:( She's home now, but on pain meds and antibiotics. I think I told you all about switching vets when we almost lost Zoe in late summer. Our old vet had cleaned Maggies teeth in June...gee I guess she missed a lot of things with Mags, too.

SHe woke me at 1:30 to go out again (I should have left her out longer...my bad)

Then she started at 4 AM...metronome-like yipping. I finally got up at 5 and she went in the corner and napped, her job done, till she saw her breakfast bowl!

:lol :lol

Today was def better! :clap Thanks for all the long distant :hug huggies! I guess hubby had a frustrating day Sunday too. :blush He was told he was getting a medal at an awards ceremony they are having in Dec but apparently hes not anymore and he already received his other one so he doesn't even need to wear his blues for it anymore, but he made 3 trips to the BX to update his ribbons for his blues jacket so he was kinda bummed. :( I told him he needed to do it anyways, he was like 10 ribbons and several ornaments behind! Doctors visit was pleasant today! We have 6 doctors we have to meet so we met a new one today and he assured me Alex is right on track and not to worry about his size or my size. Ive already come to the realization that Im going to gain more than the 30lbs the recommend but I don't care cause baby is healthy and I can always loose the weight after. I was able to get in a really nice nap and bath today ! :c9 I also sewed some of the Geo 101 together too! probably will do some more of that when I get done on here, and a few rows of the ripple thats more than 1/2 way done now!

Glad the drs appt went well :hug Poor hubby though :(

Got my bone density results today and seems I have osteoporosis to add to my list :sigh 42 years old and falling apart :P Nice to know what's making my back hurt so bad though :lol

Oh poor Maggie :( 5 absesses are a lot. Hope she's resting comfortably :hug

That reminds me. I have to make Tuon a vet appt to check her blood sugar. There's a very good chance we'll be taking her off insulin :yay

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finished my IC about an hour ago! Yippee! :clap Will take a pic and post it as soon as I can.

Hi Cara. Sorry about the dr. results today, but they have so many great meds for it now. :manyheart

I feel like a horrible mom...we thought our last vet was really great and she was well known for all her charity work. Okay, I've got to quit thinking the "I should have" thoughts.

A much lighter pet story: Zoe dragged a scarf (about 1/2 finished) out of my project bag and wrapped it around a bar stool and chair leg on its way to the water bowl. It was horribly snagged so I just let her play with it. :lol I started over on that one and wasn't even upset. :hook

Judy, I love your description of your "poor sad ATW." :lol It will probably be just fine lingering a little longer. ;)

We've had quite a day - thank goodness DH is in town until Wed. Maggie was scheduled for a check up with our new vet. He ended up keeping her and removing 5 abscessed(sp) teeth.:( She's home now, but on pain meds and antibiotics. I think I told you all about switching vets when we almost lost Zoe in late summer. Our old vet had cleaned Maggies teeth in June...gee I guess she missed a lot of things with Mags, too.

Yup. the ATW will be there in January...or whenever I get to it!

I've also found you have to be careful in chosing vets. TG you have a good one now! Hugs to Maggie - and you. It's so sad when our furbabies are hurting.:hug

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finished my IC about an hour ago! Yippee! :clap Will take a pic and post it as soon as I can.

:woo:clap:cheer

A much lighter pet story: Zoe dragged a scarf (about 1/2 finished) out of my project bag and wrapped it around a bar stool and chair leg on its way to the water bowl. It was horribly snagged so I just let her play with it. :lol I started over on that one and wasn't even upset. :hook

:rofl :rofl So did she get 1/2 a scarf crammed in her water bowl? :lol And yes, you should quit brow beating yourself for something that's over with and better now :hug

Thank you Judy, Cara and Tracy. :)

Off to work on the "new" scarf for a while. Zoe is curled up in the breakfast room with the one she stole...still a bit damp, but she doesn't seem to care. :lol

Zoe knows she won - that's what matters to her!:D

'nite....

Archived