Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Yay! This is the first time I've been able to multi-quote in weeks. Have no idea what changed, but for now it's working. :cheer Cheap thrills. :lol

:lol :lol Glad Maggie's continuing to improve :manyheart I have that same cold. I've had it for over 2 weeks now and it's getting worse even after a doctor's visit. Just hanging out and taking it easy. Wish it would hurry up and run its course. I've got things to do :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary ~ add 38 for me please :D

Today my hubby got offered a job officially, it may not be the one he takes but with this one he can start whenever he wants, and we are going to the bank monday to see about a house loan then start looking more seriously :clap Im excited!!

but...it was a sad day for me...

I can no longer comfortably shave my legs! :( Not sure how Im going to manage these next few weeks without doing so. Doctors/husband say they don't care but of course I do. May have to try nair again :think

Erin - try it sitting on one side of the bathtub with your leg sideways on the other side of the bathtub. Basically, turn your legs like you would sit "Indian Style" and shave the insides, then turn them out to shave the outsides. :lol Just gotta be a little flexible... ;)

Erin - try it sitting on one side of the bathtub with your leg sideways on the other side of the bathtub. Basically, turn your legs like you would sit "Indian Style" and shave the insides, then turn them out to shave the outsides. :lol Just gotta be a little flexible... ;)

actually thats the only way I made it through my lower half of my legs last night, but it still was hard. Im gonna try it standing up next time since my balance is still decent :lol

Oh Mary! I used to have a black Cocker too! She was my baby! All black except for a smidge of white on her chin.

What was her name? Maggie was solid black until some grey started showing up around her face...she's almost 13.

They're on the list!

Mary another 24 solids for me please

24 added. Are you making another baby ghan? :think

Cara, sorry about your cold. :hug Mine is the worst I can remember and it had better go away soon. :yes

What was her name? Maggie was solid black until some grey started showing up around her face...she's almost 13.

Her name was Sasha. She was put down around 13. She'd gotten a uterine infection and that would have required a total hysterectomy. She also had cataracts, was going deaf and I'm pretty sure she was arthritic. That was the toughest decision I'd ever made. I still miss her. She was my baby. I didn't need to become a teen mother, instead of 2am feedings, I had 2am potty breaks :lol

Her name was Sasha. She was put down around 13. She'd gotten a uterine infection and that would have required a total hysterectomy. She also had cataracts, was going deaf and I'm pretty sure she was arthritic. That was the toughest decision I'd ever made. I still miss her. She was my baby. I didn't need to become a teen mother, instead of 2am feedings, I had 2am potty breaks :lol

I hear ya on that one :lol Sometimes these cats are more trying than the kids every were :lol

Mary - I sure hope your cold is improved some today. I'm coughing and sneeze like crazy. We had monster winds yesterday and that never helps :lol Supposed to rain sometime in the next day or two. That usually helps a lot. Makes these ol' joint hurt but I tell you what I think I'd rather have extra joint pain than the dagnabbed cold :yes

Actually, I feel a little livelier (sp) today :D I don't feel quite so tired. I took many 2 or 3 hours naps yesterday then got up for 3 or 4 hours and that seems to have helped. Whatever it takes :lol

Thinking about doing the bigtopquilt what size hook is use to make the squares?Using medium wwalso what size is it when done lap size do you know?or did I miss that on the page :lol

I recommend a size G crochet hook using WW yarn. If you want one that's just a lapghan then what I'd do is just make it out of four blocks....2 blocks x 2 blocks. With the border added that would be about 48" square finished :yes

I recommend a size G crochet hook using WW yarn. If you want one that's just a lapghan then what I'd do is just make it out of four blocks....2 blocks x 2 blocks. With the border added that would be about 48" square finished :yes

Oh so its bigger then lap lol that is good!:thinkthink I need glasses or brain today when reading things!:lol

well its for gd lol keep changing my mind on what kind I want to make her but christmas is nipping at my nose now!!thought that would be fun for 3yr

Today my hubby got offered a job officially, it may not be the one he takes but with this one he can start whenever he wants, and we are going to the bank monday to see about a house loan then start looking more seriously :clap Im excited!!

but...it was a sad day for me...

I can no longer comfortably shave my legs! :( Not sure how Im going to manage these next few weeks without doing so. Doctors/husband say they don't care but of course I do. May have to try nair again :think

:cheeryeah for hubby!!!

shaving whilst prego is called the squatoprego excerise for prebirth training. you squat legs apart belly in middle deep kneebend holding toilet with one hand razor in other and shave as far you can while bending over move fanny upwards until knees are extended or you cant breath anymore~ keeping razor hand on leg.then repeat. for experts you do crisscross with razor and save the undone sections on legs until the next day.3 hours later after a rest period continue on the other side.

I dunno I just got a bath chair for when I was expecting and needed to shave my legs. Made showers easier all around. Now I use one because I can't stand up very long :P

24 added. Are you making another baby ghan? :think

Yes I am using up my leftovers from my ATW to make a bunch of baby blankies. I am working on the fouth one now :D This one is in two shades of greens with white. The others were one each in blues, pinks and purples. Now to decide where to send them - I think I'll save them for baby showers or maybe give them to the nursery at our church - there are some new families there with little ones.

Yes I am using up my leftovers from my ATW to make a bunch of baby blankies. I am working on the fouth one now :D This one is in two shades of greens with white. The others were one each in blues, pinks and purples. Now to decide where to send them - I think I'll save them for baby showers or maybe give them to the nursery at our church - there are some new families there with little ones.

Your ATW :oops Oh Karen, sweetie, I'm so very sorry. I flat out forgot :blush These last few weeks have me having trouble remembering my own name. I will do my very best to put your pattern right there on the front page tomorrow :hug

Your ATW :oops Oh Karen, sweetie, I'm so very sorry. I flat out forgot :blush These last few weeks have me having trouble remembering my own name. I will do my very best to put your pattern right there on the front page tomorrow :hug

And they call me an absent minded professor :lol Don't worry about it. All in good time my friend :hug

Thinking about doing the bigtopquilt what size hook is use to make the squares?Using medium wwalso what size is it when done lap size do you know?or did I miss that on the page :lol

Welcome! We're glad you're here. :)

I absolutely loved seeing your others.:c9 Can't wait to see the green one, too. :cheer

42 solid squares for me. :hook

Have a good evening/morning everyone. See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

haha you guys are funny. I think I've almost given up on shaving, just going to try it once a week from now on! Not too much longer to go anyhow. Hubby helped me last night since I can't reach my ankles and the experience was seriously laughable! I wish we had taped it or something. His face was priceless...he kept freaking out thinking he was gonna cut me. :D

Erin, you remind me of my Mom! She has Crohn's and a couple years ago I had to run her to the ER. But first, she needed clothes. So I grab some shorts, aiming for something with a loose waistband. "No! I don't want those! Those are my cleaning shorts and they have bleach spots!" "But Mom, they have a loose waistband" Found a different pair of shorts, started to go through the same thing with underwear and gave up. It didn't matter to her that she'd be in a hospital gown in a bit :lol

'Morning, ladies. :) I'm off to the doctor, then home, then to the Vet for Maggie's check-up. Doesn't that sound like a fun morning? :lol

I'll post the Smackdown list when I get back. Have a great day. :manyheart

Archived