Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Cara are you going to be putting the ATW on the HYH site... I was trying to describe it to a friend and didn't want to have to dig out mine...

:oops I swear I really wish I knew where I've left my brain this past couple of weeks :sigh I've gotta just do some yarn conversions and then get it up there. I will do my level best to put it up tomorrow. :blush

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, ladies. :) We had over 5 inches of rain last night, but thankfully not much wind. :rain The yard is a huge mess and mulch is all over the place. Clean up will take a while. :yes

After some paperwork and laundry, it's crochet time for me. :hook

Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

:bdayPriszm!!

Awww thank you! I have to say, I've gotten some wonderful gifts this year. I got a gift card to BOTH Michael's and Joann's! :yay AND! I was just choosen to test Katchkan's new doily :cheer. I can't tell you guys how thrilled I am about that. Her ability to design these intricate pieces just amazes me and leaves me in awe!

What is ATW?? I am still trying to learn what everyone is talking about. I think I figured out CASA and BIC..

Michele

Around The World...a beautiful pattern!

What is ATW?? I am still trying to learn what everyone is talking about. I think I figured out CASA and BIC..

Michele

ATW is Around The World. Karen (Econerd) has a beautiful one she recently finished.

Awww thank you! I have to say, I've gotten some wonderful gifts this year. I got a gift card to BOTH Michael's and Joann's! :yay AND! I was just choosen to test Katchkan's new doily :cheer. I can't tell you guys how thrilled I am about that. Her ability to design these intricate pieces just amazes me and leaves me in awe!

:cheer:clapSounds like you are off for a wonderful day!!!:clap:cheerThe doily is so beautiful!! Congrats cant wait to see what color you are going to use and the end result!!

Oh man, minus the fact that is Veteran's Day Im in a slump! Work totally just stunk! Just found out a friend from high school killed himself this past weekend, and its really a downer because I had just started talking to him again. :(

On a happier note... HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRISZM :clap :clap :clap

:bday Val :cheer:party:dance

Mary - I don't think I ever heard any rain but we definitely got wind :yes The yard and street are a mess :P

Well, I'm feeling a bit more human today :yay Hopefully I can finish up making way for the a/c guys in my craft room. Might have to wait until BD gets home though :lol

Thanks everyone! I think I'm gonna go lay down and take a short nap. My afternoon was wasted by going to see mom and dad. I really wanted to do a whole lot of nothing and crocheting today. Instead, I had to take dad back his photo cd's so he could re-load them onto his computer. It's usually about 45 minutes out to their place. That's why it was a waste. It would have been cheaper for him to come to me, he drives a motorcycle. On the plus side, I filled up at 2.07 today!

:birthday, today, Val. Sorry you spent so much of your day in the car, but I hope you had a chance to relax this afternoon. Any plans for dinner out? Congrats on your fun presents AND having the opportunity to test the doily pattern; it's a lovely one (I had to go and take a peek at it :blush). Have a good one!

Mary -- Please add 25 more solids.

I will have to put the IC on the back burner for a couple of days. The girls informed me, yesterday, after outside recess, that their headbands were not going to cut it in this weather, and that they both wanted new hats. I did not have any wool-ease on-hand, so the youngest and I made a quick run to the yarn store this morning. I am in business, now :D Actually, I was good, and I only bought the skeins I need for hats. None of the sale yarns talked to me, so I was not too tempted to fill my basket. I'll be back at the IC by the weekend, I expect :yes

Oooh, I HATE it when the sale yarns call to you. It makes it so hard to get out of the store without breaking the bank!

If you've seen/read Harry Potter, it reminds me of the plants that have the screaming babies as roots... they scream and scream to you and knock you so senseless, you hardly know what you're buying! :rofl

Oooh, I HATE it when the sale yarns call to you. It makes it so hard to get out of the store without breaking the bank!

If you've seen/read Harry Potter, it reminds me of the plants that have the screaming babies as roots... they scream and scream to you and knock you so senseless, you hardly know what you're buying! :rofl

You're right, they do remind me of the Mandrake's. It's worse when you find yarn for $1, it's soooo easy to rationalize buying it and before you know it, you have $40 worth in your basket :lol

Hi Dusti. Do you have a favorite hat pattern? Be sure and show us pictures. :yes 25 more added. :hook

Krystal and Val ~ the good news is my cold is finally better. The bad news is I feel like yarn shopping. :lol What are you all working on now?

Mary - Glad your cold is better today :hug

Craft room is coming so slowly. I barely have to room to store all this stuff in a halfway organized fashion and now I have to clear a path. Not to mention that BD tore up half my room last night unbeknownst to me. First I had to fix that before I could even to anything :irk

No not completely done but I've had enough :P It's under control. It usually is. It's just the clearing out 1/3 of the room or better. Instead of clearing out I have to "compress" which is not an easy task.

Good Morning, all. :)

It's been really quiet here lately - that must mean everyone is crocheting a lot. ;)

Hi Wendy!

Cara, I hope you're not overdoing...can you take it easy today? :yes:hug

I'm going to run some errands close by and see how I feel. Of course, there are no yarn stores really close to us. :lol

Archived