Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you, man Im loosing it! :eek its that time of year right?? :D

sooooo... Mary 35 solids for me please :clap

OOPS!

Added! Gee, what have you got to do? :lol Thanksgiving, Christmas, a baby on the way :c9 ...take care of you! :manyheart

Yes, yes, its a really bad time to have a baby Id say but at least my friends and family are understanding of it all. I can't wait for Turkey day...mmmmm...

We gotta kinda skimp on presents this year, both me and my older sister are pregnant. Im kinda freaking out now because my parents will be heading 5 hours North of us the weekend before Alex is due so if he comes early it could be rough...my moms supposed to be in the delivery room with us(shes an RN in the neo natal unit) :( I only have 3 more weeks of work though! Which will equal out to 6 days and probably all 4 hour shifts :clap I CANNOT wait to be outta that place, I hate retail this time of the year.

Erin, don't worry the first one usually takes awhile to come... you'll probably have time for your Mom to get back... as far as coming early mine were both late ( 1 and 2 weeks respectively)... and my grandgirls were both late ( 2 days and 1 week)

STARS

Ch 3, slip st to form ring.

Rnd 1 Ch 1, work 5 sc in ring, slip st to beg ch.

Rnd 2 Ch 1, work 3 sc in each sc, slip st to beg ch - 15 sc.

Rnd 3 *Sc in first sc, ch 5, slip st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in last ch, skip 2 sc; rep from * around, end with slip st to first sc. Fasten off.

can't remember if it was here or the Sky that someone was asking for a star pattern for a blanket so poting this in both.

Whew! :whew

Never mind the drier's going off. :lol

Okay, I'm back. It needs another 15 minutes :D

Got up early...well, early for me :) Had to go to the bank to sign the paper that said "no we haven't changed our minds" on the loan. Everyone's ready to go bright and early tomorrow morning :yay

My craft room is as cleared out as it's gonna get and they'll just have to deal with it. I think they'll have plenty of room.

But of course, today is the day that I wash all the heavy things in the house. Blankets, afghans, rugs, etc. But that's pretty easy. House is nice and clean and two of my three planned floral arrangements are done. That cleared out a big chunk of my room :lol

Cara, WTG on reorganizing your craft room. :cheer Did they say how long they'll be working?

Scarf #3 is finished! I'm getting tired of looking at burnt orange, though. :lol The yarn is Vanna's Rust and is so nice to work with. I think DD asked for 5, so I'd better call her and make sure. Tonight may be spent with little squares. :yes

Hi Tracy! I'm making each one in a different pattern and so far they're patterns I've saved off the internet. :) This is a group of Sarah's (DD) friends who graduated together from the U. of Texas in 1998 and have remained close. They do a gift exchange every Christmas...and my clever DD had this idea.:lol

Mary - Great job on the scarves :clap No they didn't give us a time frame really. They said "two or three days". The electrician will take half a day and the plumber will be an all day job because we're having him run new lines. The HVAC is the one that'll take so long. I figure they'll finish up some time on Monday :yes

Cara bet you will be glad when its all done and then as Tracy says Party time :woo

Mary wow that is so nice of you to make all those scarfs.

Erin I remember when I was due with my DD Emma on the 12th April and that year Easter was the 28th March. Anyway Mum was going over to Melbourne to see my sister that easter weekend but didnt want to go in case Emma came early. I said no go I still have 2 weeks. Well would you believe one day after my Mum left for Melbourne I was ringing her up that thursday the 26th to say she was a grandma. Now if Mum hadnt gone to Melbourne and stayed here I bet Emma wouldnt have come early. :lol

Good morning!

Please add 25 solids, Mary. I did squeeze a couple of saltines in between hats. To answer your question, I did not come up with the hat pattern for the girls on my own. It is a compilation of 3 free patterns I found on-line. I like ribbing created by alternating fpdc and bpdc for 10-11 rows, so I tacked that onto a basic crown shaped by regular increases. Then, since my little ones are very "girlie," I added a row of shells on the rolled up brim, so it looks a bit flower-y. What a great description, no? :lol I will have to see if I can get a photo taken later this afternoon.

Cara -- congrats on making your craft room accessible to the contractors. I cannot even imagine how much energy it took on your part. Sounds as though the work throughout your house will move relatively quickly, once they start. Are you okay with living in a construction zone? We have done it, but it is not my favorite set-up.

Wendy -- isn't it the truth that the munchkins have a quick way of letting us know who is in charge from the very beginning? Both of my girls were born 12 days past their due dates, so they did not surprise us early. Would have been nice, though...

Val & Mary -- It is so nice of you to help your family give Christmas gifts :lol. My mum has asked me to make a newborn bunting and blanket for her co-worker's twins, but I do not have to work on them until after Christmas. Whew :whew

Shelly, Tracy and Everyone Else -- :hi

Dusti - Oh yes, I've lived in a construction zone several times. Of course I was younger and less set in my routine then :lol

The poor cats are having fits. They're in the guest room but this electrician seems to want to keep checking in there :rolleyes And the plumber is late. Had to call them. Said there was an emergency they had to to deal with this morning. And to think we went with one of the bigger firms so we wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense. Anyway, they should be here soon.

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Hi Dusti ~ The hats sound so cute! I think your description was great...can't wait to see them. 25 more solids added to the list. You are getting really close to the 2000 mark. :cheer

Val ~ How many hot pads are you making? I'm glad I don't have any Christmas deadlines (except 2 more scarves). :yes

Cara, I hope everything goes smoothly. :manyheart It's so hard to have workmen in the house - probably harder on you than the cats. ;)

STARS

Ch 3, slip st to form ring.

Rnd 1 Ch 1, work 5 sc in ring, slip st to beg ch.

Rnd 2 Ch 1, work 3 sc in each sc, slip st to beg ch - 15 sc.

Rnd 3 *Sc in first sc, ch 5, slip st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in last ch, skip 2 sc; rep from * around, end with slip st to first sc. Fasten off.

can't remember if it was here or the Sky that someone was asking for a star pattern for a blanket so poting this in both.

Thank You so Very MUCH :hug

Cathy

:hiGoodmorning all .starting out with:coffeeso I can get:hyperso I can go do my once a week job of housecleaning and bunnywashomatic laundry service for the neighbor.

BigTop is coming along with its squares!:clapKnocking out whole bunch this weekend since dh is down to having 3 days off now.so I can sit and crochet while he does his honeydolist!!:devil

Cara hope everything goes smoothly with the workers there!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Hi Dusti ~ The hats sound so cute! I think your description was great...can't wait to see them. 25 more solids added to the list. You are getting really close to the 2000 mark. :cheer

Val ~ How many hot pads are you making? I'm glad I don't have any Christmas deadlines (except 2 more scarves). :yes

Cara, I hope everything goes smoothly. :manyheart It's so hard to have workmen in the house - probably harder on you than the cats. ;)

She originally requested for 12 people, so 2 each. Now Mom might have more people :rolleyes

My Mom is very crafty and makes her own.... actually we swap services...she knits and quilts wonderfully ... I crochet and cross stitch ... so I do the cross stitching for her quilt projects that she needs done and I get knitted mittens for the girls.... and yes I can knit and quilt and she can crochet and cross stitch but we both go with our strengths...

My Mom is very crafty and makes her own.... actually we swap services...she knits and quilts wonderfully ... I crochet and cross stitch ... so I do the cross stitching for her quilt projects that she needs done and I get knitted mittens for the girls.... and yes I can knit and quilt and she can crochet and cross stitch but we both go with our strengths...

I wish that was the case some days. :lol

Archived