Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your scarves, Mary, especially the one on the left :yes

Here is a quick photo of one of the new hats.

th_11-13Awavesinrosynewhat.jpg

My oldest DD had hers at school, but I made it out of Vanna's Choice in eggplant. I really wanted a lighter lavender, but it was not an option when I ran into the craft store. Too bad. DD is a sweetheart and told me this is just what she wanted :heart

Not a single saltine was made, today :(. It was grey and rainy outside, so we needed some warmth indoors. I spent the morning making curry and a loaf of oatmeal bread to fill our tummies at dinnertime. I hope everyone had a good day!

I just emailed a picture to DD so thought I would share with you, too! The white v-stiches look blurry here, but not in person. :think

(Clickable)

th_UTScarves001.jpg

Very pretty work, Mary!:clap

No little squares for me today either. Drove straight to my hometown after work for a funeral today, its just been an ugly day. Im gonna attempt to watch a funny movie and sew some of them little boogers together!

Thank you, ladies. :manyheart

Dusti ~ The hat is just adorable and so is the model. :c9

Tracy ~ The scarf goes really quick...so you can count it as a small wip.:D

Erin, so sorry about your day. :hug Enjoy your crochet time.

Mary, you have been in Wendy's company too much. :wink:devil:lol I might start it tomorrow in between the angel baby ghan and the ***** for my SP. :hook

Yep, let's blame Wendy! :lol Of course you know that some of Kyla's friends will probably want one, too. :devil

Yep, let's blame Wendy! :lol Of course you know that some of Kyla's friends will probably want one, too. :devil

:eek:eek Do you think I could convince her to tell her friends I have been institutionalized for the winter? :lol She was already muttering something tonight about getting something for a friend's birthday. :eek Last year she gave a friend a hat and scarf I had made and the friend sent the hat back. :P

I started on Clay's Choice a few months back using those giant cotton Sugar N Cream skeins in colors similar to hers - rose, green, and off white. I only got a couple squares done then got distracted by moving, but I'm ready to pick it up again. I can already tell this is going to take forever! But it's so beautiful, it'll be worth the effort.

:woo:jumpyay:wooDD, Joy has been here all week and we've been having a great time! And she has fixed the internet connection here at home so I can get back on throughout the day again. Wheeeeeee!!!!!! :woo:jumpyay:woo

Mary, we had a quiet day yesterday and I finished all the Saltines for the Stacked Cubes, so add another 40 solids and 60 bi-colors to my score.

Mary, by-the-way, I'm creating your 2,000 Saltine Smackdown gift and it's in green to go with your green thumb. (Tease, tease.)

Hi, Mary, we are all well. John spent last week in Chicago and this week was in Minnesota. He'll be home for two weeks and then be gone for the next 2 1/2 weeks in Texas (Austin 1 week & Dallas 1 week) and then in North Carolina for the half week. Kim is doing well, a little congested, but not too bad. I'm okay, too. Fighting with the diet as usual.

It's been wonderful having Joy here for the last week. We've had to time to lots of visiting and talking and sharing and she's gotten to meet some of the important people in my life. We went to the Georgia Aquarium on Tuesday and had makeovers done today. We've been out to eat together and done a little sight-seeing. 3 years is way too long between getting together for us.

We'll be dropping Joy off for her aquarium growers convention tomorrow and then going out to the hunting lodge for the weekend.

I am doing handsprings, I'm so happy to have the internet working again. :manyheart

Howdy everyone,

Sheila I like your thanksgiving poem. Well done on the progress on the Bigtop.

Cara hope all is going well with the renovations, are the cats stressed yet.

Mary the scarves look fantastic. :clap

Priszm wow you have to make a lot of hot pads.

Dusti the hat is so cute and so is your daughter.

Tracy you have added a scarf to your todo list. :lol:rofl yeah why dont you make one for everyone in her class. :rofl cough cough :rofl

Lynn welcome to the group.

Linda you have internet at home thats fantastic. :yay

Archived