Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michele... another suggestion... 2 cups, hot cocoa mix, cookies, mini marshmellows.....

welcome Shelley

you two are going to get me confused my name is Michelle (with 2 l's) but I go by Shelly (no 2nd e)

Erin, happy early birthday!

I had a dentist appointment today and I have 4 cavities. Which means 4 fillings at a cost of about $200 to me. Ick! My teeth are still a little sore from the cleaning and I got a flouride veneer put on, so they feel seriously funky right now. After my appointment I ran by my polling place and was very happy to see no line! I was in and out in about 5 minutes!

Thank you! I can't wait cause Hubby's getting me our rocker for my present :D We were in and out with the polls too, thank goodness! In my home town its up to a 3 hour wait now. no thanks!!! Off to work on more presents though...and yes I have been crafting like crazy cause I feel such a time crunch now with the lil one especially! :hook:hook:hook

oh i forgot to ask, have any of you ladies done the Granny Ripple afghan(project linus) ? Im having trouble on the first row and I really need help soon or I will have to trash it for a different pattern! I posted a thread about it also. I just have my heart set on it but oh well!

oh i forgot to ask, have any of you ladies done the Granny Ripple afghan(project linus) ? Im having trouble on the first row and I really need help soon or I will have to trash it for a different pattern! I posted a thread about it also. I just have my heart set on it but oh well!

I think Wendy (Aussie) did it...she's probably at work already, but sometimes checks in at lunch.

Val, ouch! 4 fillings does not sound fun. :hug I can't wait to see your RR in the pinks!

Hi Jessica. Since I'm no good at decisions, I understand what you're going through. :lol Let us know what you decide. :yes

Erin, it looks like you're getting some great help on the other thread. Hope it works for you. :) When our DD was born, DH surprised me with an antique rocker. This was 34 years ago, we had very little money and he had put it in layaway for 6 months. Of course, we still have it and it's still very special to me. :manyheart

Hi Wendy, Shelly and Judy, too. :)

Val, ouch! 4 fillings does not sound fun. :hug I can't wait to see your RR in the pinks!

Hi Jessica. Since I'm no good at decisions, I understand what you're going through. :lol Let us know what you decide. :yes

Erin, it looks like you're getting some great help on the other thread. Hope it works for you. :) When our DD was born, DH surprised me with an antique rocker. This was 34 years ago, we had very little money and he had put it in layaway for 6 months. Of course, we still have it and it's still very special to me. :manyheart

Hi Wendy, Shelly and Judy, too. :)

aww thats very sweet! He's making me pick it out even though I told him Im sure he will use it a lot too. Only problem is our apartment is so cramped now Im not sure where its gonna go :lol

Our lil man is due Dec 19th :clap but of course we're hoping hes early :D:lol

December is rough in my house. My oldest is December 14 (due 28th), my youngest is December 12 (was due on the 31). NOT PLANNED THAT WAY. It is also double hard, oldest is a girl turning 14 and my youngest is a boy turning 6. Hard to have a double party with such differences. Then I have to move on to Christmas.

But the 19th is still far enough from Christmas to make is special..

Good LUCK!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!!

Michele

Tried it for 10th instead ? (my birthday date) :P

the 15th would be good (my b/day:lol)

I was supposed to be due on mid-Jan. But the date is Dec 10th. My mom is on Jan 3rd. That's when people got tired of holidays and give her lousy gifts. My dad and I tried to make up for it. My dad is on July 23rd. My mom tend to celebrate her "1/2" birthday with him. :lol

December is rough in my house. My oldest is December 14 (due 28th), my youngest is December 12 (was due on the 31). NOT PLANNED THAT WAY. It is also double hard, oldest is a girl turning 14 and my youngest is a boy turning 6. Hard to have a double party with such differences. Then I have to move on to Christmas.

But the 19th is still far enough from Christmas to make is special..

Good LUCK!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!!

Michele

Eek Michele! You're not kidding! And I thought my November was busy. DBF is the 2nd, his dad is the 7th and I'm this month too.

I agree with you on this one. I have two cousin-in-laws, brother-in-law, sister, myself, and two other family members in November! Its crazy crazy.

I wish I could decide when he comes, but well...its all up to him I guess :eek I just know I will be kicking and screaming at my doctors if he goes over that date at this point. We want him before the 1st of the year for tax reasons, and we don't want him to have to share a bday with certain relatives of mine, but especially not on Christmas :( that would just stink I think. Unfortunately hes gonna be close to Christmas as it is. Most importantly is that he comes out crying and safely :P

I was supposed to be due on mid-Jan. But the date is Dec 10th. My mom is on Jan 3rd. That's when people got tired of holidays and give her lousy gifts. My dad and I tried to make up for it. My dad is on July 23rd. My mom tend to celebrate her "1/2" birthday with him. :lol

Oh, I like a 1/2 birthday! A dear friend is Jan 1st....people forget!

Good Morning, all. We stayed up way too late last night, but at least Maggie slept through the night. She seems to feel a little better. :yes

I have a couple hours left on this scarf and then it's back to making squares. :hook Have a great morning!

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!!!! :clap

Got the last of the boarder done last night....sure wish I had a camera, It turned out so great!!!

On a more somber note, I found out that my cousins husband killed himself last night....we are all still in shock...please say a prayer for my cousin and her son.......:(

Got the last of the boarder done last night....sure wish I had a camera, It turned out so great!!!

On a more somber note, I found out that my cousins husband killed himself last night....we are all still in shock...please say a prayer for my cousin and her son.......:(

okay, thats awesome that you finished your blanket but oh my goodness! Im sorry to hear about all that :(:hug

Good Morning, all. We stayed up way too late last night, but at least Maggie slept through the night. She seems to feel a little better. :yes

I have a couple hours left on this scarf and then it's back to making squares. :hook Have a great morning!

Glad to hear Maggie's feeling a bit better :hug

Oh Laura Lee I'm so sorry :hug Definitely good vibes headed y'alls way! Grats on finishing the Casa :woo Maybe DD will bring her camera soon so we can see :D

LauraLee, I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Please remind me, I have terrible short term memory some days. Maggie is an animal, right?

Yep. She's Mary's beautiful canine furbaby :manyheart

Laura Lee ~ So sorry to hear of your family's loss. I hope your cousin and her son are surrounded by friends and family to help them through this difficult time.

Mary ~ Please add 25 solids for me.

Rainy on this end, but not frigid, yet, so the girls are still headed outside to play before dinner. I think I will go out and do a bit of raking, since the wind is doing a great job of emptying my trees of leaves :P Have a good evening, All!

That is so sad about your cousin. Your family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Congratulations on finishing your Casa! Claret and Rose Pink sound wonderful for the new ghan.:hook

Yep. She's Mary's beautiful canine furbaby :manyheart
She is definitely our baby...a black Cocker. :manyheart Of course, Zoe the Cat is special, too. ;)

Mary ~ Please add 25 solids for me.

Rainy on this end, but not frigid, yet, so the girls are still headed outside to play before dinner. I think I will go out and do a bit of raking, since the wind is doing a great job of emptying my trees of leaves :P Have a good evening, All!

Glad you all aren't in a deep freeze, yet. :yes 25 more added!

Yay! This is the first time I've been able to multi-quote in weeks. Have no idea what changed, but for now it's working. :cheer Cheap thrills. :lol

Maggie is perkier today, but I have the worst cold I've had in years. I've been on the couch all day with my box of Kleenex and my hook. :( The good news - almost finished with the second scarf. :yes It is made with a K hook and my hand is only used to my H hook. :lol

Archived