Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you SO much, everyone :manyheart We are home, and it is nap time. Annika is doing really well. The Dr. was observing while we were reading and doing some little puzzle in the hospital room this morning, and he said that there does not seem to be any problems with double-vision in Annika's eyes. What a relief! She navigates doorways, balances on either leg, and, quite honestly, seems just as comfortable moving around as she did before the surgery. Each day that passes without infection and great pain ensures the muscles are re-attaching themselves properly, and within 2 weeks she will be able to do anything her little heart desires. Amazing how quickly little bodies bounce back after surgery!! DH and I both commented on how much more soundly we slept last night, no worrying in the wee, dark hours of the night, so everything is looking bright and sunny here. :yay I sure appreciate all of the prayers and warm thoughts, as I was scared she might sustain nerve damage, but that was unfounded. We have a good holiday weekend to look forward to :firecrack

Please wish BD a :birthday, Cara. Your dinner menu sounds wonderful.

Linda ~ I love to cook, and your dinners sound so delicious!! Glad you have an appreciative audience. It's so nice to hear that you and Kim are all on the mend, this week. I hope John follows your lead and kicks the germs that are bugging him. Continue to take care!

Nina ~ I did the same thing and went back to read the earlier posts as I was getting my feet wet in this CAL last summer. Doesn't it give a nice intro to everyone? And, I will bet it prompts you to crochet even faster than you already are, as you want to try more of Cara's designs. So glad you like it here with us.

Shaylen ~ :hugGlad you come and visit with us! Hope you are doing okay, today.

Glad to be back home :yes For those of you traveling this weekend, be careful. Enjoy the fireworks displays, if those are up your alley. I hope to pull out the table runner and start on the border. The squares are all finished and stitched together. I wonder if it does not need to be another square wide :think DH tells me, "It's fine! Once you finish the border, it is going to be perfect," but I am not sure whether to listen to him, or not. I am going to stretch it out on my buffet and step back for a better look. We'll see. Anyway, I can get in some crocheting before Annika wakes up, so I will talk to you, later.

Dusti, I'm glad Annika is doing so well. :hug Enjoy your weekend. We are staying home and taking it easy.

Nina, we're glad you're here and enjoying being with us. :hug

Good morning ladies :flower

Nina - And we're glad to have you here :manyheart

Dusti - I'm so glad that Annika is doing well and is on the mend :hug Poor little thing has really been a trooper through all this :manyheart

I have tons to do today. I have to make potato salad and deviled eggs for 11 people with BIG appetites. That'll teach me to improve my cooking skills. I used to get by with just bringing paper plates and ice :lol

And of course, I'm not in the mood to do any of it :lol I would rather just sit around and crochet all day! :hook I think my mojo is returning :dance It's about darned time too :lol

BD's off today too so that might mess with any imaginary schedule I might come up with :lol He's going to work on making a more permanent target for our target practice sections. BIL brought out the shotgun last time and we sort of blew up the old one :blush:lol

Have a great day everyone! :manyheart

Hello, everyone. I've had a quiet day today. John took his car out to get a trailer hitch put on and said that I had a tire or two going flat, so had to go to the tire store to have it checked out. Spent a couple hours there reading a book. They both got fixed and at no charge. So that was nice. Had supper out and now it's back to taking it easy. Hope everyone has a pleasant and safe 4th of July.

Happy 4th of July!

Mary - I'm having tons of fun reading the posts! :rofl:rofl:rofl They're keeping me better entertained than the TV and my books...and that's saying something :yes, lol! No hallucinations from the Prednisone...yet :P. Though, I've had some cold medications give me halluncinations :loco...as if the stuffy and runny nose and all that FUN stuff isn't bad enough :(! Oh! And I updated my blog with the correct saltine count last night. Apparently, when I add 5 and 5, I get 0.... :think Yeah...so I'm at 150 solids. Though I'll update later this weekend with my most up-to-date count, I've been whipping those things out like crazy! :crocheting

Just to make sure...150 is your total so far? Super progress! :cheer

P.S. - Hope I'm not driving all you ladies crazy yet! I love this CAL!!! :hug:manyheart, and I hope to stay here for a LOOOONG time! :lol:yay

~Nina

I hope we're all here for a long time, too! :ghug

Mary, 50 solids please. :hook

Hi Tracy! 50 more are on the list. :yarn

Dusti ~ That is such great news about Annika. :hug I hope you're able to get more rest now, too. :yes

Cara, have a wonderful time with your family!

Hi Linda! Quiet is what we are hoping for today, too. Lately, there hasn't been much of that. ;)

Gracie is growing physically, but not mentally. :lol She is such a funny puppy and totally entertaining. We've been at or over 100 for almost two weeks, so our walks have been early and late. I plan on some crochet time later when she's napping. Have a great day!:manyheart

Hi eveyone.

Sorry I've been missing lately. I'm kind of down right now. I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm depressed, but if I don't snap out of it soon I will be. So, I'd appreciate your thoughts and if you're so inclined, your prayers.

It tends to happen to me this time of year as I creep closer to Xavier's birthday. I'll be fine just need to get through it. I'm going to force myself to get out of the house today so I don't wallow in my on self-pity.

Hugs, ladies...hopefully I'll be able to be more involved here soon.

:firecrack:firecrack Happy 4th of July! :firecrack:firecrack

JoAnn Fabric is having a 4th of July sale and I'm going to take off for there soon. Have to add to my fabric stash and get some solid black for a quilt I'm making for me that has an oriental theme. Sunny and hot again today.

Hi, Nicole,

Walks are good when you're feeling down...my thoughts and prayers are with you, too:hug:manyheart

Happy Fourth Ladies :flower

I'm already running behind. So what else is new, right? :lol I have 40 deviled eggs to make up still so I'd better get moving so we can head over to my sister's.

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

I'm back from JoAnn's with 20 fat quarters in 12 different patterns and with 4 yards of plain black for one of my quilts and 4 yards of butterfly material for a shirt and some for my stash as well. I got 1 yard of batting, 2 zippers, 4 fat quarters, and 1/2 yard of the butterfly material for Rosie, too. A very successful outing.

:2magic Happy Forth Ladies :2magic

I'm doing really good and feeling so much better....I only have about 30 more squares to make and then I need to do some sewing together :cheer I cant believe im so close to getting it done...I think im going to do the crab stitch around it when im done not sure yet.

Nicole

Im so sorry you are feeling down sweetie...i hope you feel better soon :hug

Linda

Wow...thats quite a haul you got...dont you just love when theres a sale.

Cara

Do you still have the graph paper you use somewhere online for designing quilts??My 14 year old wants me to design and make him a NES Mario quilt next....Ive been looking at some screen shots and I think it will work if i can graph it.

Hi, Shay, glad you're having a good day.

John cooked dinner tonight: meatloaf made with half wild hog sausage and half venison, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas with tomatoes and okra, and the first sweet corn of the year. Yummy!

Nicole, you're in my prayers. Hang in there. Anniversaries like this are hard. :hug

Hello Ladies,

I pray everyone had a wonderful Independence Day!

Nicole, I will include u in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Linda, your menus sound super yummy!

Shay, I am glad u r feeling better.

Hi Cara and Mary and anybody else I missed.

Mary, I have some squares made but I have to do count first.

Have a wonderful night/morning!

:jumpyay:jumpyay ALL THE SALTINES ARE DONE :jumpyay:jumpyay

:woo:woo:woo:woo

:cheer:cheerNow to finish sewing them together :cheer:cheer

I feel like running out side and shouting it from the roof tops :lol

Mary

Please add 301 solids please.

Cara

Do you still have the graph paper you use somewhere online for designing quilts??My 14 year old wants me to design and make him a NES Mario quilt next....Ive been looking at some screen shots and I think it will work if i can graph it.

Sure do. Right here. :D

Hi, Shay, glad you're having a good day.

John cooked dinner tonight: meatloaf made with half wild hog sausage and half venison, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas with tomatoes and okra, and the first sweet corn of the year. Yummy!

:drool Sounds like a fabulous supper and what a great haul at the store! :clap

Mary

Yeehaw!!! :cheer:clap:h5

We had a FANTASTIC 4th this year! Definitely one that'll be great memories :manyheart My other sister, Sara, and her DH came down and we just had a fabulous time! Did have one little accident with poor Sara though. She's taking over my title as the family's Accident Waiting to Happen :rofl She's fine and we still had a fabulous time in spite of it and she was very good spirited about it, which if you knew her you'd understand :lol, which was grand :D

I hope you all have a had a glorious weekend! :ghug

Hi Ladies. :) I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Nicole ~ I'm sending you lots of hugs and hope you are okay. :hug Each holiday and birthday must be so hard - please know that we are always here if you need to talk or just need some support. :yes

Selanda ~ Hi! It's always good to see your posts. :)

Shay ~ Congratulations! I've added 301 more solid squares. :hook

Wow, Linda! Your goodies from JoAnn's sound wonderful. Of course, now we expect to see pictures soon. :devil

It's been a busy weekend - well, it's always busy with Gracie. ;) I made some squares yesterday, but have accomplished very little crocheting lately. A friend's daughter is expecting and she asked about Just Ducky! This would be #3 and I'm trying to figure out if I can get it done in time. :think

Hi Cara ~ I was typing when you posted. :D So glad you've had a great weekend. :manyheart I'm glad your sister is okay. My DD's name is Sarah. :)

We're going to On the Border for fajitas, so I'd better get ready.

Hi Cara ~ I was typing when you posted. :D So glad you've had a great weekend. :manyheart I'm glad your sister is okay. My DD's name is Sarah. :)

We're going to On the Border for fajitas, so I'd better get ready.

Oh :drool I love fajitas! That's about the only thing we didn't cook up yesterday :lol Enjoy them :manyheart I had forgotten that DDs name is Sarah too! It's a great name. Wish I had gotten it instead :lol Other sister is named Diana which is a great name too. But I got stuck with Cara because Momma said she just knew I was going to be "different" :lol

Mary

Congratulations, Shay!!! :yay:clap:yay

But I got stuck with Cara because Momma said she just knew I was going to be "different" :lol

Ouch! That's a mixed message if I ever heard one.

Quiet time here, which is fine. I have a regular checkup with the doctor tomorrow and will see what she has to say about my head and chest while I'm there. This stuff just hangs on and on and on. I finished a hat yesterday (except for the tails.) All my crocheting lately seems to be on small projects and/or with thread.

Happy Monday, Ladies. :)

Linda ~ I hope everything goes well at the doctor's today. :manyheart

Cara ~ I love your name! In your case, "different" is definitely a good thing. :D

I'm reporting 33 solids. :hook I just realized I missed posting the scorecard on Friday :blush (again!)...be right back.

Welcome to those who joined recently. Please let me know if you see anything that needs changing. Shay moved way up on the list this week.:cheer

Cara (Misa)

Denise (denisethorpe) 1616

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Shay (Shaylen) 1467

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Wendy (Aussie) ***1298

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Heather (hseger) 1256

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 1169

Mary (Skysmom) *** 1098