Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad you asked...see below. :lol

We do, too. :D

Oh my goodness!! She is so darned cute! I love both of those photos!

Thanks, Ladies. It was 103 here today and is still 97 now! Gracie loves water, obviously. :lol

See you all tomorrow. :)

And it's 85* still at 12:50 at night :sweat I hate summer :lol

I do tend to start a new project every day it seems like! I started a doily last night. I'm busting my rear on it trying to get it done quickly. It's to send off in a swap. :hook

I have so many crochet projects going on right now. I keep adding more, too. Ah well, I just love to crochet. It's kind of funny really. I used to crochet maybe once or twice a month. Now, I take yarn and hooks to work to crochet during lunch. :lol

Our work here is done :devil:hook

Hmmmm, maybe Nicole should visit the Sky Cal? :devil New projects, finishing projects, new projects, ......

Oh, good - then my timing was perfect! :lol Your crochet quilts section has so many great patterns and pictures. :hook

Hi Dusti! I remember last summer you told us the girls loved going to their grandparents. It must be a nice break for you and your DH, but I know you miss them. :manyheart

I have choices for the nine patch and think I'll use Country Rose, Rose Pink and Soft White for this one. :yarn

Hi Judy! :)

I'm so glad you asked...see below. :lol

We do, too. :D

:manyheart :manyheart Gracie is so cute. :yes

I do tend to start a new project every day it seems like!

Hi there, Judy!

I have so many crochet projects going on right now. I keep adding more, too. Ah well, I just love to crochet. It's kind of funny really. I used to crochet maybe once or twice a month. Now, I take yarn and hooks to work to crochet during lunch. :lol

Hi!

I was the same way...and then I joined Crochetville:devil

I have choices for the nine patch and think I'll use Country Rose, Rose Pink and Soft White for this one. :yarn

Hi Judy! :)

Hi!

Great color choices, Mary!

And Gracie is adorable! Years ago I took a pic of our GSD's in their wading pool and our NJ paper published it in their "Critters" page. The two I had then both loved the pool. The male, Spike, would stand in the empty pool waiting for the hose to start filling it up! He really loved water...always stole the hose from my hand, too:lol

Hmmmm, maybe Nicole should visit the Sky Cal? :devil New projects, finishing projects, new projects, ......

Oh, yes. Nicole MUST visit us over on SKY:yes:devil

Hello Leah and :welcome I think that color combo would be lucious, imo :D

Tabby - Oh I hate when my hubby does that! I'm at everyone's mercy since I can't drive :angry I usually find whining works well,tho :devil

I can't drive either. I also find that whining works well with my husband! We are signing our lease to our new apartment tomorrow and DH told me 2 weeks no more yarn buying until we move. Well the past 2 fridays I bought yarn. Both days I had 2 bags I got a great yarn haul from Dollar Tree & Big Lots. I just whined to him saying that the Lion Brand Incredible would normally cost around $6 per ball and I got around 6 balls. Along with other expensive brands at great deals for $1.50 per skein at Big Lots.

I am doing my first art festival in september and was wondering would I have a good chance of winning best in the show which is a $300 prize if I entered the Around The World Quilt?

It would also be a great stash busting project.

Hi!

I'll consider that one. You ladies are a bad influence on me! :lol

I am doing my first art festival in september and was wondering would I have a good chance of winning best in the show which is a $300 prize if I entered the Around The World Quilt?

It really depends on what else is entered. I wish you luck though!

I can't drive either. I also find that whining works well with my husband! We are signing our lease to our new apartment tomorrow and DH told me 2 weeks no more yarn buying until we move. Well the past 2 fridays I bought yarn. Both days I had 2 bags I got a great yarn haul from Dollar Tree & Big Lots. I just whined to him saying that the Lion Brand Incredible would normally cost around $6 per ball and I got around 6 balls. Along with other expensive brands at great deals for $1.50 per skein at Big Lots.

:rofl :rofl :rofl I laugh because I do the exact same thing :lol

Like Nicole said, it just depends on the other entries :yes Good luck to you! :cheer

Ohhhh bad, bad, bad night :tired About the time I was going to bed I noticed water was pouring out of the front of the fridge. The water dispenser wasn't stuck which was my first thought. It took about an hour to figure out what was causing it. It was essentially an ice dam in the ice maker. That thing makes ice even faster than *I* can use it and I go through 10-12 32 oz cups of ice a day :eek Took forever to clean it up. I sat down to wind down a bit then Tuon knocked off two of my Thanksgiving platters and broke one. I didn't get to sleep until 7:30 this morning :( And of course, I had to be up by a certain time today because I have a doctor's appointment today :rolleyes

But I'm up. Just have to go get ready. Wanted to check in here real quick. I'll catch y'all after the doctor's appointment :ghug

Hi Happy House Ladies. :)

Tracy, you and Wendy have got to be the Queens of Enablers. :D

Great color choices, Mary!

And Gracie is adorable! Years ago I took a pic of our GSD's in their wading pool and our NJ paper published it in their "Critters" page. The two I had then both loved the pool. The male, Spike, would stand in the empty pool waiting for the hose to start filling it up! He really loved water...always stole the hose from my hand, too:lol

Hi Judy! We got a small wading pool for Gracie-she loves it and steals the hose, too. :lol She only weighs about 7 pounds, but she sure is strong.

Hi Crystal - Be sure and let us know what you decide to make!:yarn

Ohhhh bad, bad, bad night :tired About the time I was going to bed I noticed water was pouring out of the front of the fridge. The water dispenser wasn't stuck which was my first thought. It took about an hour to figure out what was causing it. It was essentially an ice dam in the ice maker. That thing makes ice even faster than *I* can use it and I go through 10-12 32 oz cups of ice a day :eek Took forever to clean it up. I sat down to wind down a bit then Tuon knocked off two of my Thanksgiving platters and broke one. I didn't get to sleep until 7:30 this morning :( And of course, I had to be up by a certain time today because I have a doctor's appointment today :rolleyes

But I'm up. Just have to go get ready. Wanted to check in here real quick. I'll catch y'all after the doctor's appointment :ghug

Oh, so sorry about the mess in the kitchen. :( I hope everything goes well at the doctor. :manyheart

Hi Judy! We got a small wading pool for Gracie-she loves it and steals the hose, too. :lol She only weighs about 7 pounds, but she sure is strong.

Aww she has her own kiddie pool! How sweet is that? :manyheart Now she needs a little bikini :rofl

Who? Me? :angel I am but the humble apprentice to THE Queen of enablers. :yes (and she is training others as well :eek)

:rofl :rofl

Doctor went well. Just a routine follow up. Weight's down but BP is up. That is probably just from lack of sleep though :yes He redid the nerve block in my back :yay It's been giving me fits for weeks now. Right now it doesn't hurt at all but that might be because it's full of anesthetic :lol

Cara, that's good news about the weight, but after a night of almost no sleep the BP elevation is probably to be expected.

Rest up now.:hug:manyheart

:rofl

Cooper (one of the cats) just jumped up on the couch. Well, the cushion was loose because Jack was trying to get behind it. So, Cooper jumped on the edge and the cushion flipped up in he air. He hit the ground. :lol He's so funny! No damage done.

Hope everyone is doing well! I have to get some Christms ornaments done for a swap tonight. :hook

I am going to brag a bit. Yesterday I brought up some Chinese and Around the World cookbooks and Kim & I looked through them. I felt like I've gotten into a rut with my cooking and wanted to try out some new recipes. Tonight for supper I fixed orange rice, Crispy fried Tilapia with orange sauce, and homemade onion rings. Oh, my did it turn out good!!! Kim had her plate wiped clean before I finished frying all the fish. The batter was unlike anything I've used before but came out extremely light and crisp. John is really picky about his onion rings and his response was that I could whip up another bigger batch of onion rings tomorrow. :lol :lol :lol

Glad your doctor visit turned out so well, Cara.

Mary, the pics of Gracie are priceless. Her own pool! Sweet!

Sounds like you got some great buys, Jempast. I think I'll have to check out our Big Lots and Dollar Tree. I've never checked them out for yarn. Good luck with the art festival.

I am going to brag a bit. Yesterday I brought up some Chinese and Around the World cookbooks and Kim & I looked through them. I felt like I've gotten into a rut with my cooking and wanted to try out some new recipes. Tonight for supper I fixed orange rice, Crispy fried Tilapia with orange sauce, and homemade onion rings. Oh, my did it turn out good!!! Kim had her plate wiped clean before I finished frying all the fish. The batter was unlike anything I've used before but came out extremely light and crisp. John is really picky about his onion rings and his response was that I could whip up another bigger batch of onion rings tomorrow. :lol :lol :lol

Sounds like you got some great buys, Jempast. I think I'll have to check out our Big Lots and Dollar Tree. I've never checked them out for yarn. Good luck with the art festival.

All right, I'm definitely going to have to come over for dinner! :lol The new meal sounds fantastic.

Really...going to start working on the ornaments. :devil

Cara, I'm glad your Doctor visit went well. I hope you have a good night's rest.:hug

Who? Me? :angel I am but the humble apprentice to THE Queen of enablers. :yes (and she is training others as well :eek)

I don't believe a word of it. :lol

:rofl

Cooper (one of the cats) just jumped up on the couch. Well, the cushion was loose because Jack was trying to get behind it. So, Cooper jumped on the edge and the cushion flipped up in he air. He hit the ground. :lol He's so funny! No damage done.

Hope everyone is doing well! I have to get some Christms ornaments done for a swap tonight. :hook

Our pets bring us so many smiles...not a day goes by without enjoyment from ours. :manyheart Would love to see pictures of your ornaments. :)

Hi Linda! Your recipes sound delicious. I used to make onion rings with a tempura batter that were light and crisp...hmmm, maybe it's time for those again. ;)

:whewBetween 100+ degrees again and a crazy puppy, I'm exhausted. :lol I did actually sit down this afternoon while Gracie was napping and make some squares. It felt sooo good to crochet again. :yes

Okay, Crystal, now you've done it. :2nono Green Tree and Big Lots do have yarn here. It's like two big bins and everything tossed in, but it's nice stuff. And it's all at $1/skein or less. Damage to my pocketbook: 12 six ounce skeins of TLC Essentials in Red Plum (about 3750 yards); 16 50 gram skeins of Phentex, Fashion Eight in Sable (about 1150 yards). All for about $30. :yay Thanks for the tip. :hug

Linda - Mmmm, your food sounds yummo!! :drool What a nice haul on the yarn! Cara, repeat after me...you're broke, you cannot afford more yarn :rofl

Mary - Oh my :lol Yes, 100+ heat and a new puppy does sound a bit wearing :lol This is why I stick with cats :lol

Today is my day out and bingo! :dance I think I'm becoming a bingo addict :rofl

Have a great day everyone :manyheart:ghug

Hi everyone. :)

Linda ~ Yay for finding such bargains! We have two Big Lots fairly close - I need to look there again.

Cara ~ I hope you win at Bingo. :cheer It's too hot to be outside, so I think that's perfect entertainment. :yes

It's now Day 4 of no issues with parents or MIL...I've enjoyed the reprieve. :lol DH will be home tonight and leaves again on Sat., so I hope to get out for longer than a couple hours tomorrow - that's about Gracie's limit in her crate during the day.

Archived