Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

It's now Day 4 of no issues with parents or MIL...I've enjoyed the reprieve. :lol DH will be home tonight and leaves again on Sat., so I hope to get out for longer than a couple hours tomorrow - that's about Gracie's limit in her crate during the day.

That's great about no problems:hug

...and Gracie has a tiny bladder...unlike my mooses:D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's now Day 4 of no issues with parents or MIL...I've enjoyed the reprieve. :lol DH will be home tonight and leaves again on Sat., so I hope to get out for longer than a couple hours tomorrow - that's about Gracie's limit in her crate during the day.

Hooray for 4 days of no issues! :yay Yes, it is too hot out there. We went to bingo, the HEB (grocery store for y'all non-Texans :D) and then back to my house until she had to go to class.

After that failed post :angry a few days ago, I didn't have the desire to try to re-post. So I decide to just read :book what I missed and post something...otherswise I never will, lol. :lurk

I started a blog about my crochet projects :crocheting (and other 'ville things) the link to it is in my siggy, but click here to get it. I've only got three posts so far, and would really love if the people here read it! :yay

About my progress (which is posted on my blog...hint, hint! :devil), I've got I think about 105 or so single color squares done :yarn. Actually, I don't think that is counting the ones I've done yesterday and today.

I guess I need a re-count! :lol

That's about it for now, going to catch up on posts!

~Nina

I started a blog about my crochet projects :crocheting (and other 'ville things) the link to it is in my siggy, but click here to get it. I've only got three posts so far, and would really love if the people here read it! :yay

About my progress (which is posted on my blog...hint, hint! :devil), I've got I think about 105 or so single color squares done :yarn. Actually, I don't think that is counting the ones I've done yesterday and today.~Nina

Nice blog, Nina. And good progress. Don't wait too long to start putting the squares together or it will be even more daunting than hiding 50 or more tails at once.:yes

Another gorgeous, hot day today. Our highs have all been a few degrees on either side of 90 this week. Kim and I have just stayed inside where it's nice and cool (about 75) for the week. :sun

Last night I was going to make chicken noodle soup from scratch, but lo and behold I didn't have nearly enough chicken. Sooo.....I put the squirrel in to cook in the broth with what little chicken I had. It would have been a bit more tender if I'd had the time to let it cook a bit longer, but the flavor was very nice and blended well with the chicken. I also added a half cup of dry white wine which gave everything a subtle slightly sweet taste. It had lots of onions and garlic in the broth and some bloccoli that I added at the end of the cooking time. Kim had hers topping mashed potatoes and I had mine as soup. :soup

I'm working on preemie afghans at the moment. I'm thinking of doing one as a scappy ghan to use up some of the many bit and pieces I've accumulated and not wanted to throw away, because I knew I could do something with them sooner or later. :lol :lol

Hi Dusti! I remember last summer you told us the girls loved going to their grandparents. It must be a nice break for you and your DH, but I know you miss them. :manyheart

I have choices for the nine patch and think I'll use Country Rose, Rose Pink and Soft White for this one. :yarn

Ooh, your 9-patch sounds lovely. Are you having a tough time even holding yarn in your warm temps? I have been crocheting out-of-doors as much as I can this week, but I find that my fingers get too sticky in the afternoon for the yarn to even slide through them. Then I usually choose to pull out a book and read in the sunshine. Aaah, I am getting so spoiled. Yes, my parents are having a great time with the girls. Over the weekend, they are planning to take a pizza-lunch cruise out on Lake Superior and race rubber duckies down a local stream as a fundraiser for cancer research. Fun, fun, fun:yay Mom always has such good ideas for the munchkins :yes We are all fortunate when the different generations spend time together ;)

Hi, everyone!

Looking forward to seeing the scrap ghan, Mary, and Dusti, the runner. That's a great new idea for Cara's square! hmmmm....wonder what it'd look like in thread?:think

Knowing your work, it would be gorgeous in thread :drool. I never even thought about doing it in thread, but I could have made a summer-weight runner with squares out of thread. I do not have time to make another one for this wedding gift giving reception, but I will have to keep it as a WIM. Thanks for the idea :manyheart

And, as always, thank you for the pattern, Cara :hug

Tomorrow, DH and I will celebrate our 11th anniversary. Last year, we went on a holiday, but this year, I know it is going to me a low-key affair with a simple dinner. Sure wish we could whisk you up here to cook for us, Linda. Your menus, lately, have sounded delicious -- very creative and yummy!

Have a great day, Everyone :crocheting

Good morning ladies :flower

Nina - Your blog looks great! :clap

Linda - Mmmm, I agree. Your meals sounds so yummy lately :drool

Dusti - Happy anniversary!!! :hug

Well. I woke up to my fridge leaking water again!! :grumpy And who knows how long it was going on. The rug that sits in front of the fridge is soaked :( It's probably ruined. I'll have to have BD look at it this weekend. That's the best thing about that fridge. The ice and water in the door. I don't wanna have to go back to ice trays. I don't even have any as I haven't had to do that in, gosh, almost 15 years.

But I'm not gonna let it get me down :D Just gonna clean it up and not worry about it. I need to get the house cleaned today. But I think I'm gonna seriously flylady it. Just a little bit at a time will get the job done :D

I've settled on tonight's menu: "Garides me Saltsa" (Shrimp in tomato, wine and feta cheese sauce) over pasta. I found it in the Time Life Book, "Recipes from Foods of the World," in the Middle East section. The picture looks scrumptious and it doesn't sound at all hard to make. It calls for chopped tomatoes, shrimp, olive oil, chopped onions, dry white wine, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and feta cheese. :P

I've settled on tonight's menu: "Garides me Saltsa" (Shrimp in tomato, wine and feta cheese sauce) over pasta. I found it in the Time Life Book, "Recipes from Foods of the World," in the Middle East section. The picture looks scrumptious and it doesn't sound at all hard to make. It calls for chopped tomatoes, shrimp, olive oil, chopped onions, dry white wine, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and feta cheese. :P

:drool :drool

Happy Saturday, Ladies. :)

Hi, Mary!

19 solids, please.

They're on the list. :hook

After that failed post :angry a few days ago, I didn't have the desire to try to re-post. So I decide to just read :book what I missed and post something...otherswise I never will, lol. :lurk

About my progress (which is posted on my blog...hint, hint! :devil), I've got I think about 105 or so single color squares done :yarn. Actually, I don't think that is counting the ones I've done yesterday and today.

I guess I need a re-count! :lol

That's about it for now, going to catch up on posts!

~Nina

Hi Nina! Great progress on your ghan. :cheer If you'd like to join the squares contest, the info is under my signature. Your blog is very nice. :yes

Hi, ladies!

It's quiet here again....

Mary, 23 more solids, please (for my ATW)

WTG on the squares this week! :yay

Dusti ~ Happy Anniversary to you and your DH. :manyheart

Hi Ladies!!

I started my new squares project. I am making a 5' by 5' afghan for my 4yo niece's new bedroom. Her room is lavender and pink and full of butterflies. I am going to do a 30" by 30" graphghan block of a butterfly using Paton's Be Mine in lavender and pink so the butterfly will have fuzzy texture. Then I am going to add bright pink and white saltines in a checker board pattern all around it. I am hoping it will turn out how it looks in my head, lol.

Hi Ladies!!

I started my new squares project. I am making a 5' by 5' afghan for my 4yo niece's new bedroom. Her room is lavender and pink and full of butterflies. I am going to do a 30" by 30" graphghan block of a butterfly using Paton's Be Mine in lavender and pink so the butterfly will have fuzzy texture. Then I am going to add bright pink and white saltines in a checker board pattern all around it. I am hoping it will turn out how it looks in my head, lol.

That sounds gorgeous! I'd love to see pictures when finished.

Howdy ladies :flower

How's everyone this fine day? Gotta get BD up in a bit so we can go to the store. I tried to send him yesterday but he said we'd do it today. Silly boy. That's always dangerous because I always find extra stuff if I go :devil

Don't know what I'm going to do today yet. All sort of depends when I can get him to wake up. :shrug Kind of annoying actually. I've already tried to wake him once. I have a feeling our store trip will be this evening :lol

Have a glorious day everyone :manyheart

Hi Cara!

Kristy ~ Your graph ghan idea sounds adorable! Can't wait to see pictures. :hook

Hi Nicole and Judy. :waving

Linda ~ Your recipes sound delicious! Are you working on anything special?

It is 100 degrees and still climbing.:hot Gracie has her class at 3:30 and I'm sure not looking forward to taking her out in this.

Archived