Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Wow...some production going on here!

I'll have some new numbers for you at the end of the week...

Have a good evening!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara ~ I love your name! In your case, "different" is definitely a good thing. :D

Ouch! That's a mixed message if I ever heard one.

Oh I don't think she meant it unkindly :lol I am definitely the "different" one in the family. I'm the artsy fartsy type and so it suits me fine :D

Okay, now my lovely sleep schedule is all messed up again with BD on vacation :lol Oh well, it'll get straightened out I'm sure :yes

Still have swap projects I'm working on for the next few days so that'll be what I do today :hook

Hi, all. I'm finally home. The doctor visit went well for the most part. My blood sugar went from 6.6 (good control) to 7.5 (out of control) which was not so good :(, but she thinks it's because of all the prednisone I was on for the bronchitis/sinus infection/double ear infections. There was no evidence of any infection lingering, which was very good. :) So I don't need any more antibiotics or prednisone. I still have fluid in both ears and a lot in the left which explains the poor hearing. She said that until the congestion in my sinuses finally all clears the ears will stay plugged and that time will take care of it. The coughing is from the drainage, too, because my chest is nice and clear. Get plenty of vitamin C, really watch the diet again, get plenty of rest, push fluids, etc. and it should eventually take care of itself. It's a sign of how very, very sick I was while in Iowa. See her again in 3 months, which is my normal distance between checkups. No change in my meds.

I picked up 9 DVDs at the pawnshop for $9 so that will help keep me entertained.

Wow, Mary! Our list keeps getting longer and longer. Takes for all your work in keeping it updated so faithfully.:hug

:jumpyay:jumpyay ALL THE SALTINES ARE DONE :jumpyay:jumpyay

:woo:woo:woo:woo

:cheer:cheerNow to finish sewing them together :cheer:cheer

I feel like running out side and shouting it from the roof tops :lol

Mary

Please add 301 solids please.

Wow! Go you!! :clap

We had a FANTASTIC 4th this year! Definitely one that'll be great memories :manyheart My other sister, Sara, and her DH came down and we just had a fabulous time! Did have one little accident with poor Sara though. She's taking over my title as the family's Accident Waiting to Happen :rofl She's fine and we still had a fabulous time in spite of it and she was very good spirited about it, which if you knew her you'd understand :lol, which was grand :D

I hope you all have a had a glorious weekend! :ghug

I'm glad you had such a good weekend.

Hi, all. I'm finally home. The doctor visit went well for the most part. My blood sugar went from 6.6 (good control) to 7.5 (out of control) which was not so good :(, but she thinks it's because of all the prednisone I was on for the bronchitis/sinus infection/double ear infections. There was no evidence of any infection lingering, which was very good. :) So I don't need any more antibiotics or prednisone. I still have fluid in both ears and a lot in the left which explains the poor hearing. She said that until the congestion in my sinuses finally all clears the ears will stay plugged and that time will take care of it. The coughing is from the drainage, too, because my chest is nice and clear. Get plenty of vitamin C, really watch the diet again, get plenty of rest, push fluids, etc. and it should eventually take care of itself. It's a sign of how very, very sick I was while in Iowa. See her again in 3 months, which is my normal distance between checkups. No change in my meds.

I picked up 9 DVDs at the pawnshop for $9 so that will help keep me entertained.

Wow, Mary! Our list keeps getting longer and longer. Takes for all your work in keeping it updated so faithfully.:hug

I hope your blood sugar levels out once you're further out from all of the infections and steroids.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'm still kind of weepy, but I'm hanging in there. I'll get through it, I'm sure.

I have some crocheting to get done. That should help my mood. :hook

Oh I'm so sorry your BG is kinda out of whack but yes, I've also heard that prednisone can mess with it :yes Oooh great score at the pawn shop! :clap I love pawn shops. We trawl them quite frequently. Never have to pawn anything (thank goodness) but some great deals can be found there :yes

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'm still kind of weepy, but I'm hanging in there. I'll get through it, I'm sure.

I have some crocheting to get done. That should help my mood. :hook

You poor sweetie :hug I cannot even begin to imagine how rough losing a child can be. You definitely have massive good vibes coming at you from here :manyheart And yes, crochet will do wonders for mood won't it? :hook

Whew :whew Didn't think I'd ever get my chores done. I would still be at it if I hadn't enlisted BDs help. He's a good guy but I have to ask for help :rolleyes At least these days I will actually ask :lol

Now some serious hook therapy for me too :hook

Linda, that's great you're getting better! Fluids are the biggie...you'll get there:hug:manyheart

Nicole, crocheting is the best therapy, as Cara said...it's helped me a lot during times of sorrow:hug:hug

...and petting and hugging our furbabies is the absolute BEST therapy:yes

Well, I have 72 saltines to make for theborder of the ATW lapghan.

I've made 2 so far:lol

I'm working on HAP rectangles first, since I want to mail them out by the end of next week and my pile is kind of pitiful right now. I want to do more.

...tomorrow will be a TV-free day for me. Guess whose funeral is going to be given wall-to-wall coverage ALL DAY:angry Every *******' channel...:angry Well, maybe not History or Discovery Channel;)

I will be outside on my patio either :crocheting or :book. When I'm tired of that I have my :sher DVDs:):):)

Linda, that's great you're getting better! Fluids are the biggie...you'll get there:hug:manyheart

Nicole, crocheting is the best therapy, as Cara said...it's helped me a lot during times of sorrow:hug:hug

...and petting and hugging our furbabies is the absolute BEST therapy:yes

Oh yes that's a great mood adjustment too :manyheart:cat :dog

Well, I have 72 saltines to make for theborder of the ATW lapghan.

I've made 2 so far:lol

I'm working on HAP rectangles first, since I want to mail them out by the end of next week and my pile is kind of pitiful right now. I want to do more.

...tomorrow will be a TV-free day for me. Guess whose funeral is going to be given wall-to-wall coverage ALL DAY:angry Every *******' channel...:angry Well, maybe not History or Discovery Channel;)

I will be outside on my patio either :crocheting or :book. When I'm tired of that I have my :sher DVDs:):):)

Oh dear :ohdear It's times like this that I'm glad I don't watch TV very often. :lol Our shows are in between seasons (Lost and Heroes) so we haven't watched television in, gosh, two months. If we watch TV shows it's once they come out on DVD. We can watch Heroes the next day through our Netflix account with no commercials :tup

Now don't faint, anybody, but I pulled out the box with the Painted Dessert in it and I've started crocheting saltines again. I've got 6 blocks worth to crochet and a lot to put together on it, but the mood is on me, so here goes. :devil:hook:devil

Now don't faint, anybody, but I pulled out the box with the Painted Dessert in it and I've started crocheting saltines again. I've got 6 blocks worth to crochet and a lot to put together on it, but the mood is on me, so here goes. :devil:hook:devil

That's great Linda! :clap The PD is a stunner :yes

:cheerGo, Linda, Go:cheer

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this glorious morning? :D I feel great today again! :yay And I'm back on track with my sleep after a couple of days of deviating from the schedule :dance

I have a quick project to finish up for a swap then I think I'm gonna start a scrap log cabin quilt tomorrow :yes I've been WAY too long away from saltines for my comfort :hook

Have a great day ladies :manyheart

No rain in quite a while. Just hot and sometimes humid.

The first block of 6 is about 2/3 crocheted. A few solids and the 4-colored squares yet to go. Kim and I are watching movies and I'm crocheting so far this morning.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hi, Gorilla! :hi

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this glorious morning? :D I feel great today again! :yay And I'm back on track with my sleep after a couple of days of deviating from the schedule :dance

I have a quick project to finish up for a swap then I think I'm gonna start a scrap log cabin quilt tomorrow :yes I've been WAY too long away from saltines for my comfort :hook

Have a great day ladies :manyheart

That's an interesting idea...you mentioned it last week, about doing the log cabin with saltines...

NOT that I have any urge to do that, you understand! :devil

I have a few more rectangles to make, then I'll be finishing the 70 or so saltines I need to do to finish the ATW lapghan.

Glad you had a good night's sleep - those rare times I actually get at least 4 solid hours without getting woken up I always eel like a million the next day.:yes

I finished the cleaning I needed to do upstairs and I'm so warm and sweaty now I'm debating hether or not to take my second shower in 5 hours or wait a bit. UGH.

No rain in quite a while. Just hot and sometimes humid.

The first block of 6 is about 2/3 crocheted. A few solids and the 4-colored squares yet to go. Kim and I are watching movies and I'm crocheting so far this morning.

Morning Linda! :hi Sounds like you're making great progress! :cheer We actually had rain on Sunday night I think it was. It poured and thundered and just flat out carried on for about an hour! It was great :D Cooled the temps way down. I could go for another one or ten of those :D

That's an interesting idea...you mentioned it last week, about doing the log cabin with saltines...

NOT that I have any urge to do that, you understand! :devil

I have a few more rectangles to make, then I'll be finishing the 70 or so saltines I need to do to finish the ATW lapghan.

Glad you had a good night's sleep - those rare times I actually get at least 4 solid hours without getting woken up I always eel like a million the next day.:yes

I finished the cleaning I needed to do upstairs and I'm so warm and sweaty now I'm debating hether or not to take my second shower in 5 hours or wait a bit. UGH.

Ahh, c'mon Judy! You know you wanna start another saltine project. Oh no! I'm channeling Wendy again :rofl :rofl Hope you can stay cool. Isn't summer just the worst sometimes :hug

Chores are all done :dance They went super quick this morning. I put BD in charge of making his own darn tea this week and that's at least cleared up some of my time for more important things :hook

yup - I detest Summer (except for the flowers).

When we had Seattle-type weather I loved it, though a few breaks of sunshine would have been noce.

You can't have everything!

Well, off to clean off my new George Forman grill. Making Monterey Chicken (I hope). I had it at Chilis and it looks like a no-brainer...I hope!

Yep, the plants and flowers are the only good thing imo too :lol Oooh a new GF grill! I've been eyeballing those for years. Let us know how you like it :yes

Yep, the plants and flowers are the only good thing imo too :lol Oooh a new GF grill! I've been eyeballing those for years. Let us know how you like it :yes

Just throwing in my opinion here :D

I love my Foreman. I use it between 10 and 15 times every week. It's great for me being single and all. I have the kind with the removable grill plates, which is a must in my opinion. Without those, it's hard to get clean.

I got the low end model ($32 at Sears)...and it's not the one with the removeable plates. I thought about that one, but with the non stitck feature I didn't think it would make a huge difference for me...this also seemed to have a bit more surface area. We'll see how it goes. Down the road, if I find I use this one alot, I can always go for the higher end model when they have another sale:)

Just throwing in my opinion here :D

I love my Foreman. I use it between 10 and 15 times every week. It's great for me being single and all. I have the kind with the removable grill plates, which is a must in my opinion. Without those, it's hard to get clean.

Oh thank you for your opinion very much :hug Now I didn't know that they didn't all come with removable plates. Yes, I'd think that'd be a must for me. :yes

I got the low end model ($32 at Sears)...and it's not the one with the removeable plates. I thought about that one, but with the non stitck feature I didn't think it would make a huge difference for me...this also seemed to have a bit more surface area. We'll see how it goes. Down the road, if I find I use this one alot, I can always go for the higher end model when they have another sale:)

Yes, I want one of the bigger ones too. I even saw one that was on legs like one of those old red charcoal grills we used to get. :yes Don't think I'd want that one of course :lol We have a nifty gas grill but it's just too darn hot outside sometimes to use it. But we do use it a lot in late September through early November.

Think I'm gonna have to check to see if Penney's has them :scrachin I used to buy everything at Sear's too but now I shop much more at Penney's :yes

Oh thank you for your opinion very much :hug Now I didn't know that they didn't all come with removable plates. Yes, I'd think that'd be a must for me. :yes

Yes, I want one of the bigger ones too. I even saw one that was on legs like one of those old red charcoal grills we used to get. :yes Don't think I'd want that one of course :lol We have a nifty gas grill but it's just too darn hot outside sometimes to use it. But we do use it a lot in late September through early November.

Think I'm gonna have to check to see if Penney's has them :scrachin I used to buy everything at Sear's too but now I shop much more at Penney's :yes

Happy shopping!

Cara, can't wait to see your saltine log cabin. :D

We have 2 GF grills, a little one that is just about big enough to cook for 2 (used it a lot for just me and Kyla) and a few months ago mom bought the bigger one that has an open, flat section to fry eggs, etc on attached to it. Neither have removable plates, but so far we haven't had any problems cleaning them. :D

Cara, can't wait to see your saltine log cabin. :D

We have 2 GF grills, a little one that is just about big enough to cook for 2 (used it a lot for just me and Kyla) and a few months ago mom bought the bigger one that has an open, flat section to fry eggs, etc on attached to it. Neither have removable plates, but so far we haven't had any problems cleaning them. :D

I saw that bigger one...next time, if this gets used alot:)

Archived