Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Just a quick stop in.

Shaylen, It is beautiful!

Mary, I have 122 more soild square done.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Hi Selanda! Great progress and I've added your squares. :hook

Block one's squares are crocheted! WooHoo!!! :woo:woo

Mary: 24 solids, 4 bi-colors, and 8 4-colors

Yay!:clap

Finished the saltine cuddle blanket. :hook

[ATTACH]4556[/ATTACH]

It's beautiful, Tracy! Thanks for sharing the picture. :yes

113 more solids for me. Woo hoo. Only about 150 more to make. I am moving right along....may be able to give it to her for her birthday Aug 30th at this point.

Wow, Kristy! You are doing great...113 more are on the list.

Block #2 is crocheted now. Mary: another 24 solids, 4 bi-colors, and 8 4-colors for me.:hook

Yay, again. :D I've added both blocks worth of squares. :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to say "Hi!" :lol It sounds like everyone is keeping busy. It's 103 again and other than a walk at 6:30 a.m., Gracie and I have stayed in most of the day. Her naps allow me to get some things done and we play a lot, too.

Have a great evening, everyone. :manyheart

:lol:lol:lol

Kitty was so cute...and she makes my FIL smile:)

I'm so glad that she makes him so happy :manyheart And hey!! You have my potholders you made me as your avatar :manyheart

I forgot to say "Hi!" :lol It sounds like everyone is keeping busy. It's 103 again and other than a walk at 6:30 a.m., Gracie and I have stayed in most of the day. Her naps allow me to get some things done and we play a lot, too.

Have a great evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Mary!! :hi Yep, about that hot here today today :sweat I'm already sick of it :P 12 more weeks and it should be cooler though :yay

:lurk :hi I haven't been here as much lately. I've been busy turning UFO's into FO's :D I finished the Prairie Star afghan I started sometime last year and got that sent to my friend. Did some RR's for Sissie44 and Victory Junction. Just finished another RR for a friend who's having a baby this fall. And I agreed to be part of a round robin creating scarves to auction off for breast cancer. That's been an interesting endeavor, only 2 of us are crocheter's, everyone else knits. But it's fun and I've added to three scarves so far. How's everyone?

Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Val! We've missed you lately. :manyheart You've accomplished so much - everything sounds great!

Judy and Cara ~ the potholders are wonderful. :hook

Errands are out of the way and since it's supposed to be 108 today, I think I'll do inside things. DH will be home tonight, so I hope to have some time to shop this weekend. I haven't bought any yarn in ages, but of course I haven't crocheted much in ages either. :lol

Have a good day!

Lots of squares were reported this week. I think it's time for another total.

:hook

Cara (Misa)

Denise (denisethorpe) 1616

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Shay (Shaylen) 1467

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 1344

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Wendy (Aussie) ***1298

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Heather (hseger) 1256

Mary (Skysmom) *** 1098

Kristy (alchemyfyr) 1094

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***1060

Val (Priszm) 1008

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 755

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Judy (judianne) 572

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Dusti (rii698) *** 448

Selanda (crocrazy) 448

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 268

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Jessica (jessicagil) 167

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Donna (sewnsew) *** 164

Cherri (Cherri) 156

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Nina (thedragon1186) 150

Julie (JulieKay) 119

Tam (teakaycee) 117

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Nicole (nicolep) 94

Renee (renegade) 70

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

:lurk :hi I haven't been here as much lately. I've been busy turning UFO's into FO's :D I finished the Prairie Star afghan I started sometime last year and got that sent to my friend. Did some RR's for Sissie44 and Victory Junction. Just finished another RR for a friend who's having a baby this fall. And I agreed to be part of a round robin creating scarves to auction off for breast cancer. That's been an interesting endeavor, only 2 of us are crocheter's, everyone else knits. But it's fun and I've added to three scarves so far. How's everyone?

Hi Val!! :hi Wow! You sound like you've barely had time to breathe. It's great to see you again! We've missed you :hug

Errands are out of the way and since it's supposed to be 108 today, I think I'll do inside things.

108?!? :eek:faint Our end of the interstate is calling for only 102. Yes, that's right. She said "only 102" :rofl I, too, will be doing inside things :lol I'll be so glad to see November finally roll around :yes

Well, I spent my morning hunting down BDs wallet :rolleyes I found it thank goodness. I was really dreading having to cancel bank/credit cards and having all our assets frozen. I think I have a whopping $33 in cash. That wouldn't get us very far :lol If he'd just learn to put his toys away :lol

So finally, I can begin my day :D I have meat to cook up today. We buy ground turkey instead of beef because we prefer it. I cook it all up when I buy it and then freeze it. It takes a good chunk of time to do it but boy does it save time later! :yes

And I still am working on my swap project. It's taking way longer than I thought it would but I think it's gonna make my partner happy so it's worth it :yes

Have a fabulous day everyone :manyheart

Hi Cara! I've missed you guys too! I posted a picture of the Prairie Star on here, and it's also on my blog. I ended up like it so much I want to do one for my parents for Christmas. Gotta love Excel, I spent a night playing in that with colors and a possibility for expanding the layout :D But I've been thinking of you guys. One of the e-mails I get (I think it's from E-Patterns.com) has a daily item highlighted to sell. Each time I see a quilt I look at it and think "could that be done as a quilt ghan?" I've got a couple pictures saved that I think would work, I just haven't put them into squares yet. :lol

Hi Tracy! 'Hope you're having a good summer. How are Denise and Kyla? :manyheart

Cara ~ Do you want to go up north with me? Of course, we'd have to take Misa, Tuon, Zoe and Gracie. That might be a bit stressful. :lol I'm glad you found BD's wallet. DH has lost his keys more than once - last time we found them in an ivy bed by the garage. He'd thrown a cup of ice out and evidently his keys went with it. :D

Cara ~ Do you want to go up north with me? Of course, we'd have to take Misa, Tuon, Zoe and Gracie. That might be a bit stressful. :lol I'm glad you found BD's wallet. DH has lost his keys more than once - last time we found them in an ivy bed by the garage. He'd thrown a cup of ice out and evidently his keys went with it. :D

We've been unusually hot over here so far and it occurred to me recently. If I had the money to afford 2 places, I could so be a snowbird right now. I already work from home 3 days a week, what's an extra 2 in a different state? :lol

Hi Tracy! 'Hope you're having a good summer. How are Denise and Kyla? :manyheart

We had some lovely weather last week, but it got English again. :lol

Denise and Kyla are fine. :yes Mom hardly :crocheting anymore, she been doing extra hours at work. Kyla has taken up :knit this week, she is doing a log cabin along with some of the Sky gals. She got sucked in. :rofl As did Wendy's daughter. :lol

Lots of squares were reported this week. I think it's time for another total.

:hook

That's a mess of squares!! :eek Thank you again for keeping track of all this for us :hug

Hi Cara! I've missed you guys too! I posted a picture of the Prairie Star on here, and it's also on my blog. I ended up like it so much I want to do one for my parents for Christmas. Gotta love Excel, I spent a night playing in that with colors and a possibility for expanding the layout :D But I've been thinking of you guys. One of the e-mails I get (I think it's from E-Patterns.com) has a daily item highlighted to sell. Each time I see a quilt I look at it and think "could that be done as a quilt ghan?"

I do that too :lol I get pattern ideas from everywhere. One of the quilts that's on the site is actually inspired by the tile pattern on the floor of a public restroom right outside of Dallas :rofl Love your PS! BTW, I like color combo #3 the best for the next one :D

Oh dear! :lol Yes, I scanned the backyard very thoroughly this morning to see if it fell out when he was bringing in the groceries the other day since we park in the back. Thankfully it's a TINY urban backyard :lol And yes, times like this I miss NY weather :lol

We've been unusually hot over here so far and it occurred to me recently. If I had the money to afford 2 places, I could so be a snowbird right now. I already work from home 3 days a week, what's an extra 2 in a different state? :lol

Me too! We lived in NY for 5 years. The spring and summer there are wonderful comparatively speaking. I'm hoping when we are ready to retire that we can have a place in a more northern clime for the summers :yes

Cara, thanks for the opinion! Dad said he likes the second one in the first row. If I don't hear from Mom about it soon, that might be the one they get :lol. I'm thinking (hoping) that regular WW yarn and a K hook with the extra round of the center star will make it queen size. There'll be some testing on that.

Cara, thanks for the opinion! Dad said he likes the second one in the first row. If I don't hear from Mom about it soon, that might be the one they get :lol. I'm thinking (hoping) that regular WW yarn and a K hook with the extra round of the center star will make it queen size. There'll be some testing on that.

That's probably the way I'd do it for enlarging too :yes That's what I like best about afghans....no gauge :hook

I can't make clothes, I'm completely incapable of following a gauge. Even in the same section of something. That's ok, I can't sew them either, I can't cut or sew a straight line.

I can't make clothes, I'm completely incapable of following a gauge. Even in the same section of something. That's ok, I can't sew them either, I can't cut or sew a straight line.

Neither can I usually :lol But I've gotten much better at fudging in my old age :wink I can never sew clothes either. I do have a blouse pattern that I bought recently though that I think I can actually sew. Now if I can just get caught up with stuff for other people I can make me some new blouses maybe :lol

Hi Ladies!! Just checking in...still haven't decided which pattern im doing yet...Im thinking the Cassa.

I will have to go check out the SKY cal because im working on a log cabin knit throw....i had a bunch of Bernat thick and chunky that i didn't no what to do with so i was working on my knitting...im so slowwww.

My DH brought home a new kitten this morning and she is so cute....my son has named her spice...will try to get some photos of her put up tonight....I think he thought that would stop me wanting a puppy :lol....after 30 years it seems like he would know me better then that :rofl:rofl

Have a great day ladies!!

Hi Ladies! I hope you are all having a great weekend. :)

Your blog is really nice, Val. I vote for #6. :D Let us know what you decide.

Tracy, how great that Kyla and Wendy's daughter are knitting with you all! Tell Denise Hi from us. :manyheart

Hi Shay! I vote for the Casa, too. :hook Spice is a darling name for a kitten. :c9

We worked in the yard this morning until the heat was too much. Gracie played in the back with the sprinkler and a 5 gallon bucket. :lol We're planning on a quiet weekend and I sure hope to get in some time with my hook. :yes

Hi Cara! I've missed you guys too! I posted a picture of the Prairie Star on here, and it's also on my blog. I ended up like it so much I want to do one for my parents for Christmas. Gotta love Excel, I spent a night playing in that with colors and a possibility for expanding the layout :D But I've been thinking of you guys. One of the e-mails I get (I think it's from E-Patterns.com) has a daily item highlighted to sell. Each time I see a quilt I look at it and think "could that be done as a quilt ghan?" I've got a couple pictures saved that I think would work, I just haven't put them into squares yet. :lol

I like #6 best....it pops more.There use to be a blog with the larger version but i cant find it now...will keep looking though.

Hi Ladies!! Just checking in...still haven't decided which pattern im doing yet...Im thinking the Cassa.

I will have to go check out the SKY cal because im working on a log cabin knit throw....i had a bunch of Bernat thick and chunky that i didn't no what to do with so i was working on my knitting...im so slowwww.

My DH brought home a new kitten this morning and she is so cute....my son has named her spice...will try to get some photos of her put up tonight....I think he thought that would stop me wanting a puppy :lol....after 30 years it seems like he would know me better then that :rofl:rofl

Have a great day ladies!!

Oh a new kitty! :manyheart We have 3 little kittens outside that we're trying to coax in but they just want us to drop the cat food and back away :lol

We worked in the yard this morning until the heat was too much. Gracie played in the back with the sprinkler and a 5 gallon bucket. :lol We're planning on a quiet weekend and I sure hope to get in some time with my hook. :yes

Gracie's just like a little kid isn't she? :lol

Well, I didn't even get up until 4 today :blush So much for my wanting to get up early, eh? :lol

Finished my big swap project finally :dance Of course, not in time to get it in the mail today but I'll send it Monday. Of course, that leaves a little time to add just a thing or two more :devil

Hi, everyone. It's been a fairly quiet day here. John went to the hunting lodge to check things out and retrieve the meat from the wild sow he shot last time he was there. While out a 200 pound boar ran across the path in front of him. He didn't have his gun with him so it went free. I made Kim waffles this noon. 4 with blueberries and the rest with chopped cherries in them. I also added some grated lemon peel, nutmeg, and cinnamon to the batter. Put together another preemie afghan. I don't normally like picots, but I've discovered that when done with yarn they aren't that bad and make a very pretty border on the preemie ghans. I do a sc, 3 chain picot, skip one stitch and sc in the next stitch all the way around and love the results.

Archived