Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

superwomansmilie.gif

That is way too cute. Thanks. :hug

Thanks Tab

Yea, Cam seems fine now, he gets this strange fever with a rash about once every winter ... has a little bit of a stomach problem, but not real bad . He'll probably head back to school tomorrow, he seemed like he had more steam this evening.

I'm glad he's feeling better. :manyheart Kids get the darndest things don't they?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, all. I'm awake, but just getting moving. Turns out I must have had the GI flu yesterday. Ended up throwing up just before John got home. Went to bed early and feel better today, although I think I'm going to take it pretty easy today.

Mary, I have one more day of present wrapping to go. I actually like wrapping presents (even the challenging ones) as long as it's not midnight on Christmas eve when I'm doing it.

Julie, I'm glad Cam is doing better today. Kids get sick so fast, but they usually get well quickly, too.

:hug to all.

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - I'm so sorry you are feeling poorly :hug Hope you get well real soon :manyheart

Finished the ghan for BDs coworker last night :yay Now I can get back to my Love Letters. Hmmm, I have one of six big ol' blocks done so I need 5 more and my niece's b-day is next Thursday. Somehow I don't think I'm gonna make it :lol

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling much better than yesterday, just very tired and washed out.

Second big box is started. So far I've done 3 big presents for Ayden and filled most of the bottome of the box. Hehehehe! Gandchildren are such fun to shop for, especially at this age. (4)

Linda, I'm so glad you're feeling better. :hug Good luck with getting all your packages ready to mail. :)

Cara, congratulations on finishing the afghan. :hook

The sun finally came out today and it's beautiful out. I've been baking and playing happy housewife. :D DH just got home, so I'll have to cook dinner. :eek

Morning, all. I heard from my DD last night. They got clobbered by the ice storm earlier this week and were finally back in their own house again. They lost power, phones, internet, the works. Joy ended up staying with her sister-in-law and Joe & Ayden were at his mom's house for several days. I'm just glad they are all safe and sound. No damage to the water pipes, thank God. With no heat that could have added even bigger problems to the list. Heard from my youngest brother yesterday, too. They didn't get the brunt of the storm and are okay. No problems. Just have to check on the other brother now and make sure they and mom are okay. Boy am I glad I'm not up north! I remember all this and have NO desire to be in it again.

I'm off to crochet. BTW, any of you who haven't done it yet, be sure to check out the new Keep America Warm CAL. Good way to help others and Crochetville. :crocheting

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - I'm with you! So glad we moved back to the South :yes I can deal with the heat (thank you heavy duty a/c) but not that snow and ice. Hope all of y'all in that mess are holding up well.

Tabby - Hope they opened the school today :hug

Still gonna be working on the LL today. Don't think I'm gonna make it by next Thursday but that's okay. Doesn't look like my niece is gonna deliver next week after all so I won't be seeing her til after that. I feel for her because I know she's past ready to have that baby but I get a little reprieve :hook:devil

OK My mom saw me crocheting the bi-color grannies and hounded me until I spilled. I didn't show her the design I am doing for her, but I did have to tell her about the concept. She wants to try one too, but she wants me to try and find out how to do one that had a Star of David on it. A friend of hers at work is Jewish and she wants to gift it to her. Now, I have tried and tried and I can't figure it out. I'm just not that creative... If anyone likes that sort of thing and really really loves me:lashes.....

OK My mom saw me crocheting the bi-color grannies and hounded me until I spilled. I didn't show her the design I am doing for her, but I did have to tell her about the concept. She wants to try one too, but she wants me to try and find out how to do one that had a Star of David on it. A friend of hers at work is Jewish and she wants to gift it to her. Now, I have tried and tried and I can't figure it out. I'm just not that creative... If anyone likes that sort of thing and really really loves me:lashes.....

OH! Where did I put that Hannukah quilt pattern I never put up?!? I gave the quilt as a gift lemme track down the pattern if I can find it six computers later :lol

Hi Ladies. I've been gone all day and am just now checking in. DD and her DH are on a trip and I went over to check on my grandcats and wait for the window people to install some shutters. I forgot to take my crocheting with me.:irk

Bean, I hope you're able to figure out the pattern. :yes

Linda, I'm so glad your family is safe. :hug Did you get all your packages ready to go?

Hi Tracy ~ I'm already thinking about my next quilt ghan...we'll be here for you to share yours with us after Christmas! :crocheting

Mr. Train is one row (20 squares) away from being stitched together. Then it will be decision time for the border color. :D

Remember when we talked about shades of yellow for Cara's Baby Gingham? :think I'm considering Bernat Satin in Sunrise, Banana, and White or Off White. I think I'll go ahead and buy the yarn and see how I feel about the colors when I get them out of the store lighting. :hook

Mary - That's great news about Mr Train! :yay Can't wait to see it! Let us know how the colors work. I, too, have bought more yarn that I can't use because of that nasty flourescent lighting :P

Linda - Hooray!! You made it in time :yay

Yay, Linda! I know you're excited to send off your wonderful afghans and gifts. :gift:gift:gift

Cara ~ You're right about the lighting...and our Joann's doesn't have any windows so I can't check it before I buy it. If they aren't busy, I've actually gone outside with an employee - but not this time of year! :wreath

Howdy everybody.

Mary cant wait to see Mr Train.

Linda Im glad you got everything finished in time.

Cara hows it going.

I have been busy doing my xmas ripple and now Julie has gone and started the groovy cal so Im going to make the Babette blanket. Im excited to be making squares again.

Is everyone all set for xmas.

Howdy doody Wendy :hug We're all ready for Christmas...especially since all I had to do was write a check and send it to my BIL :lol He called earlier and he and my SIL were obviously in the craft shop and he asked tons of "hypothetical" yarn questions. It should be quite interesting to see what they purchased :lol

Morning Happy Housers !

Mary. you are at the finish line now !! Good for you .:)

Linda- great job on getting everything made and sent out in time ! Bet it's a relief, isn't it ?

Cara- this oughta be interesting to see what they get you for yarn ... :lol

Archived