Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Thanks. It's so good to be back... I missed everyone here so much!

I've had a REALLY full day, and not a speck of hooking. Picking up the dogs (at 2 different locations!), groceries, laundry...going away is fun while you're away, but it's coming back that kills you.:P

Linda, Mr. Rooster looks magnificent!:yay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda ~ How about "Rusty Rooster" or Roger, Ralph, Robert...:D He is wonderful!

My version of Mr.Train is almost completed. :yay I've finished the first round of the border. Tomorrow is already looking like a no crochet day, so hopefully I'll be finished on Monday. :hook

Cara I hope they get you some nice yarn. I gave my DH a list of what I wanted and on that list was yarn, but he seems to think I have enough to last a long time. I said you can never have enough yarn.

Mary the babette is lots of different size squares sewn together. I cant wait to start it.

Linda Mr Rooster looks magnificent. Well done.:clap

Denise you have made loads of squares. Congratulations. :clap Your getting close to finishing. Feels good doesnt it.

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - Just had a name idea for the rooster pop into my head and wanted to write it before I forget :blush How about "Rise and Shine". Too cliche? :think

Gonna go with sister today to do a little shopping. Once I wake up that is :lol

Good morning. I actually worked on my 3SURR for a while last night and this morning. It's almost big enough to be a lapghan. It's going to be so nice and warm.

Thanks for the compliments on Mr. Rooster. Rise and Shine Rooster does have a nice ring to it. I'll think on that.

The house seems empty with all the Christmas crocheted things wrapped and gone. I have been at them since around March or April, so I guess it's not too unusual for it to seem rather barren now. :lol :lol :lol

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies. :)

I hope you all have had a great weekend. I managed to finish two out of three border rows this evening. :crocheting

Cara, I hope you had fun shopping today. :shop

Tabby ~ Have a good night. Are you getting the snow and ice where you live? Stay warm!:wangel

Hi everyone,

Im busy with my ripples and I want to finish them so that I can start something groovy.

Are you all getting lots of snow, take care if you have to go out in it. We are having nice weather at the moment and have had the air conditioner on, although today was nice and didnt need it.

Mary howdy, thats great that your nearly there with the border.

Linda I really like Mr Rooster, who are you making it for by the way, cant remember if you said or not.

Hows everyone else going, is anyone else making squares.

Hi, Wendy. I'm doing Mr. Rooster for my friend and next-door neighbor, Rosie. She quilts. She's seen it and likes it, but doesn't know that it's for her. Hehe! I've got the 7th block almost half sewn together now. All the squares are done. That will leave the LotL which is for John and Kim and which won't make it done in time. I plan to wrap it up and put it under the tree on Christmas eve anyway. Then I'll finish it in January.:crocheting

Kim has a doctor's checkup this morning, so won't have much free time until this afternoon. It's just a routine checkup, so don't anticipate any problems. She's doing well.

It's chilly here today. Got into the 20s last night, which is a drastic change from the shirt sleeve weather of last week. Brrrr! :wbrr But the sun is out and it's supposed to warm up again in a few days. Supposed to be in the 50s by afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day! :hug

Good Morning, all. I'll be gone most of the day checking on grandcats and running errands. Crochet time is scarce lately. :yes

Wendy, I know you're excited about your vacation time!

Hi Judy. :)

Linda, you have accomplished so much this year and made so many wonderful things. I'll bet Kim and John will be thrilled with the LotL. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Brr! It's cold here this morning :wlol 27 degrees! But this is Texas...it'll warm up this afternoon :D

Wendy - Missing those little squares already, huh? :lol

Linda - Rosie's gonna be so surprised when you give her the Rooster! :yay

Judy - I should clean, too. Probably won't. But I should :D

Mary - You sound like my momma :lol She used to say that my dearly departed Smokey kitty was her favorite grandbaby because he was always so happy to see her and he never whined :manyheart

Good Morning.

The kiddos had a 2 hour delay but they still had school. :cheer Good enough for me. :D Although after this a.m. I think I would've rather stayed in. I'm never happy, am I? :lol:P

Cara~I will trade your temps for ours anyday. It says ours is currently 16F & windchill feels like -1F (I believe it). No one was nice enough to shovel a path for the kiddos to walk to the bus so I had to & it was all iced over. All we have is a plastic shovel & the wind was blowing my hood off. My lungs felt like they were being squeezed liked oranges & boy did they hurt. ACK! Finally, a nice gentlemen came over to help. :manyheart

Linda~Sounds like your in the home stretch with Mr. Rooster, good luck! :cheer

Mary~I think I already answered your snow question. :lol I'm warm now though. :manyheart

:yay for Tabby, school was open. It is really cold here as well. When I left to pick DD up from school this afternoon I thought my hands were going to fall off it was so cold. Then I started going down the hill and my hands started warming up! I almost never wanted to risk coming back home cos we had to walk through that cold spot. :wlol

Tabby - Hooray for the school opening!! :jumpyay:woo Isn't it about time to teach the twins to shovel snow? :lol

AMEN SISTA!!!! :lol

Oh, and then some inconsiderate person parked in front of my spot I shoveled for the kids at the bus spot. So this afternoon I had to pull every muscle in my crocheting arm to shovel out another spot for the kiddos. I can't let them climb the snow banks. I don't mind if my kids do because they have the proper wear but the dingbat next door hasn't bought her kid boots or snow pants yet. I could see if you don't have the money but she just got a child support check for this kid for over $600 & what did it go on? Probably drugs. So sad. :( I wish I knew his dad so I could tell him where his hard earned army money is going. She also sits her big rear in the house & sends him out alone. Being the good person I am (I know, hard to believe :lol) I watch after him & make sure he stays safe, dry & warm. Once she sent him out in the pouring rain & I mean pouring rain without an umbrella so I brought him under our porch until the bus came & then walked him under our umbrella.

Okay, rant over but she bugs me.

Oh Tabby people like that bother me too. Shh... You better not talk about your sweetness too loudly you might ruin your reputation :lol I do that too, I think it's the mother in us that makes us keep our eyes on kids no one else is watching.

Oh, and then some inconsiderate person parked in front of my spot I shoveled for the kids at the bus spot. So this afternoon I had to pull every muscle in my crocheting arm to shovel out another spot for the kiddos. I can't let them climb the snow banks. I don't mind if my kids do because they have the proper wear but the dingbat next door hasn't bought her kid boots or snow pants yet. I could see if you don't have the money but she just got a child support check for this kid for over $600 & what did it go on? Probably drugs. So sad. :( I wish I knew his dad so I could tell him where his hard earned army money is going. She also sits her big rear in the house & sends him out alone. Being the good person I am (I know, hard to believe :lol) I watch after him & make sure he stays safe, dry & warm. Once she sent him out in the pouring rain & I mean pouring rain without an umbrella so I brought him under our porch until the bus came & then walked him under our umbrella.

Know anyone in DYFS?? (Child protection services)

Tab, I would do the same thing. I would call child services on her, just to see if it does anything. It doesn't always help the situation any, but some people just need a little shove in the right direction. Then again, if something bad DID happen to the little guy, you'd be kicking yourself to the moon with regret.

Archived