Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

It's a cold and rainy day with a chance of snow flurries...a great day to stay inside. :)

Linda, great progress on Mr. Rooster! :cheer

Cara ~ lucky you! ;) Right after we were married, we adopted a stray kitten. I came home from work one day and she had knocked down the fireplace screen, climbed up the chimney and had 5 kittens about 2 1/2 months later. :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a cold and rainy day with a chance of snow flurries...a great day to stay inside. :)

Linda, great progress on Mr. Rooster! :cheer

Cara ~ lucky you! ;) Right after we were married, we adopted a stray kitten. I came home from work one day and she had knocked down the fireplace screen, climbed up the chimney and had 5 kittens about 2 1/2 months later. :lol

Thank heavens our chimney has been capped :eek:lol

Thanks, Cara. I don't know how many aran squares I need for LotL, but I know it's a lot. Sooooo, I managed to crochet 35 aran squares this evening while watching Christmas movies. That's 120 squares made for the weekend. I'm impressed. :lol :lol :lol

Morning. It's sort of a necessity that I be a square making machine if I'm to have any hopes of getting both these big projects done in time for Christmas. My hands don't really like it when I pust this hard. Back to the routine today.

Linda~You go girl! :cheer

I have finished my bus ghan center & also have one side of the border done. It should be done in another day or two. :yay

Sorry I haven't checked in much but i've just been exhausted/drained. Between Jaden being home sick all week, xmas shopping, other errands & sev. Dr.'s appts & the other kids driving me nuts i've just had enough. I was really looking forward to relaxing today while they were at school but school is closed. :(

Linda,

I did some serious cranking this weekend and figured out ALL of the mystery squares!!! Even the checkered one! As soon as I figure out how to write a pattern, I'll post it.

But since you know the pattern for these granny squares intimately, essentially what you do to get the checkered one is: (using colors Blue and White, B & W):

Round 1 ~ B B W chain 1, W W B chain 1, B B W chain 1, W W B chain 1, slip stitch to step up...

Round 2 ~ Follow the Round 1 color patterns to fill in...

Now, it IS a lot of cutting and dropping and picking up colors for such a tiny square, but it does work! Hopefully what I wrote makes sense. I think if you know this pattern well, it should. But let me know...I will get around to writing it like a "real" pattern one day.

Thanks for all your help! Your willingness to help inspired me to work it out for myself and I'm so proud of me! :-D

Alaina, if you do it a slightly different way, you can just carry your color from one round to another... I think I gave Cara directions when I did the 12" hearts square - Cara, do you still have those directions posted? Did you add them to your official site? If not, go ahead - it's fine by me!

Thanks, Cara. I don't know how many aran squares I need for LotL, but I know it's a lot. Sooooo, I managed to crochet 35 aran squares this evening while watching Christmas movies. That's 120 squares made for the weekend. I'm impressed. :lol :lol :lol

Wow, Linda. I'm impressed, too! :hookAt this rate, you'll get them both done with time to spare. :crocheting

Good Morning, all. :manyheart

Alaina ~ Good for you! It's great that you figured it out. I also think it would work just fine with Krystal's method. :yes

Hi Miss Julie.

Aww Tabby, I hope they have school tomorrow. :hug

Hi to those I've missed. Yesterday I felt like I was getting sick...today I'm feeling better and had better get busy.:)

Hi, all. I figured out that I still need 71 more of the aran squares for the LotL. Then there are still a lot of colored squares to go on that one. :crocheting I've got my fingers crossed. The LotL will be touch and go, but the blocks are about half the size of the ones in Mr. Rooster, so with luck I'll make it even though there are 14 still to go.

Alaina, way to go gal. :cheer I have the squares figured out, too. I just need to take the pictures and write out the directions, then we can compare them.

Mary, feel better soon.:hug

Tabby, sounds like the season and kids are wearing you out. Try to take it easy. With luck, school will be back on tomorrow.:hug

Thanks, Cara. I don't know how many aran squares I need for LotL, but I know it's a lot. Sooooo, I managed to crochet 35 aran squares this evening while watching Christmas movies. That's 120 squares made for the weekend. I'm impressed. :lol:lol

I'm rather impressed myself :yes:nworthy

Good mornind ladies :flower

Mary - Hope you feel good all day today :hug

Tabby - Sounds like you could use a holiday :hug

Krystal - Nope never did put that up on the site :( I still have the pattern though :yes

Well, I've got me a little competition around here. I got one of those Kniffty Knitter loom sets to play with and Big Daddy pulled it out last night and started on a scarf! It's coming out real nice too. He dabbled in crochet for a while but maybe this loom will seem more like a tool to him. I'm actually pretty darned proud of him :manyheart

Have a great day y'all!

I got DD a Knifty Knitter for Xmas... I expect to see alot of scarves and hats in the New Year! LOL!

Found out he also made a cat toy (read: knitted tube). He was really busy after I went to sleep last night :lol Hmmm, this does raise a potential problem though....if he likes it do I share my stash or make him start his own? :think:lol

I love reading this thread (classic lurker) and just couldn't resist this one. I think that the only way he should be allowed to use your stash is if you get to pick and choose which yarns (uglies, stuff you want gone, etc) he gets to pick from. He definately shouldn't be given free pick of the entire stash. For those kinds of choices he would need to start his own stash!!

That sounds like a win/win solution to me. :)

I love reading this thread (classic lurker) and just couldn't resist this one. I think that the only way he should be allowed to use your stash is if you get to pick and choose which yarns (uglies, stuff you want gone, etc) he gets to pick from. He definately shouldn't be given free pick of the entire stash. For those kinds of choices he would need to start his own stash!!

That was my first thought, too. :lol Gee, maybe we're being too hard on BD. :devil

Morning miss Mary Extraordinary !!!

How does your garden grow ?

My garden is getting some snow flurries right now! :flake I don't think it's cold enough to last long, though.

I went upstairs to vacuum, inventory wrapping paper, etc. and ended up sorting through yarn and patterns for 2 hours. :lol Guess I'd better get back to what I should be doing.

My garden is getting some snow flurries right now! :flake I don't think it's cold enough to last long, though.

I went upstairs to vacuum, inventory wrapping paper, etc. and ended up sorting through yarn and patterns for 2 hours. :lol Guess I'd better get back to what I should be doing.

Snow? Wow! It's not that cold at our end of the interstate thank goodness :D

I know what ya mean about distracted. I ended up wasting an hour on CPC instead of working on this ghan :blush

Archived