Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Yowza! I just found this thread, and I must...must make one of these quilts.

A stupid question, and sorry if it's been asked and answered...approximately how much yarn is needed for one of the full-size quilts?

I don't know which one I'm gonna do yet, or in what colors. I'm thinking Clay's Choice, but I have to go yarn shopping to decide on colors.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yowza! I just found this thread, and I must...must make one of these quilts.

A stupid question, and sorry if it's been asked and answered...approximately how much yarn is needed for one of the full-size quilts?

I don't know which one I'm gonna do yet, or in what colors. I'm thinking Clay's Choice, but I have to go yarn shopping to decide on colors.

Welcome to the group!! :hug The yarn counts needed for the different quilts are in the directions. :yes Clay's Choice calls for

26 ozs Rust

18 ozs Medium Spruce (which I actually don't think they make anymore :P but the RHSS Light Sage would be a good substitution)

35 ozs Linen

Welcome to the group!! :hug The yarn counts needed for the different quilts are in the directions. :yes Clay's Choice calls for

26 ozs Rust

18 ozs Medium Spruce (which I actually don't think they make anymore :P but the RHSS Light Sage would be a good substitution)

35 ozs Linen

Thanks, Cara! I feal really really stupid! :embar Yes, there it was, right in front of my eyes. Not sure I'll use those colors...I need to go yarn shopping first!

Thanks, Cara! I feal really really stupid! :embar Yes, there it was, right in front of my eyes. Not sure I'll use those colors...I need to go yarn shopping first!

Don't feel stupid, hon :hug They're kinda buried under the front part :blush

Thanks ladies for listening. I'm really bad about getting involved with that stuff. She has been turned in before I moved here & it did no good. She just borrowed food she told me. Her house is filthy, like gross dishes that sometimes sit so long they get moldy. She told me once in Sept. that her kids hadn't had bkfst. or lunch in so long that she couln't even remember & even though we were having a rough time & my Hubby would've killed me I fed them & gave her food. I told her to never let them go hungry that I would feed them. She now has his Mom living with them & she feeds them thanfully & cleans so it has gotten better but I just wish she wasn't so lazy. She seems like she means well but just gets stuck in these ruts where she gets lost. I try to help her instead of making that call. Plus I have to live her & I don't know what those people are capable of if they find out that I made that call. I figure he is in school now & we live in a very good school district so they will take action if they feel they need to.

Thanks again for listening. :manyheart

Tabby --- she may be suffering from depression, also... I've felt like that... I didn't care about anything or anyone..... got so far down in a rut I didn't think I would ever get out... It wasn't until I got on some meds and saw a therapist that I got over it... now I just get normal depression and still take my meds...

I hope it is not to late to join,my brother's girlfriend love penguins so I plan to make the PENGUIN CUDDLE QUILT for her

Nici - Welcome to the group :hug Nope never too late to join. Have a feeling we'll be lurking here for quite some time still...at least I'm not going anywhere :lol

Cara, you're sweet to try to let me off the hook (so to speak) :manyheart I can't wait to start; going yarn shopping hopefully tomorrow. Your designs are incredible!

Skysmom, thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'll have questions as I go along; I'm just getting back into this crocheting thing and loving it! I'm an avid knitter, too, and this will expand my possibilities.

(Knit 1, chain 2? I think I'll name my blog that, if I ever get it up!)

Welcome Apple and Nici !

2 more new people, Cara !

You are converting the world, one person at a time . :lol

Tab- boy ,that neighbor situation is a dilemma -- I'm glad the grandma moved in, it sounds like things have improved some. I dont blame you for getting mad at the mom, what a slouch. BEAT HER UP .

Don't hurt her bad, just SCARE her .

Does she only have the one boy and that's it ? I sure hope she aint like one of our old neighbors many moons ago -- a new baby yearly and they were on public assistance and bragged to all the neighbors that they got more money with every kid she popped out . She was also in the category of THOSE WHO SHOULD NEVER WEAR TOOOB TOPS .

Holy Smokes , each kid she had ,everything got bigger and longer and she insisted on wearing white t-shirts ( with no ARCH SUPPORT) to "share her qualities with the world .. "

Y E K

:welcomeWelcome to the CAL and to Crochetville, Nici & Applecider! Glad to have you join us! :welcome

Kim's appointment yesterday went well. The doctor was very pleased with her and how she's been doing. He was impressed with her deer luring powers, too. Have to get my needle and hook in gear. Have a great day. :hug

Good morning ladies :flower

Julie - My plan is working! About time to get some new stuff out there too. Linda's done more designing that I have of late :lol Of course, though, I think that is fabulous :manyheart

Good Morning, all. DH left for the airport at 5 :eek so I stayed up. Laundry and some cleaning are done and I need about an hour at my desk...then it's crochet time!:crocheting I only have 1/2 of the final border row to finish. :hook

Linda ~ That's great about Kim's appointment. :manyheart

Hi Cara. :)

Now back to work so I can crochet later!

One day, when a seamstress was sewing while sitting close to a river, her thimble fell into the river. When she cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "My dear child, why are you crying?" The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen into the water and that she needed it to help her husband in making a living for their family. The Lord dipped His hand into the water and pulled up a golden thimble set with sapphires.

"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked The seamstress replied, "No."

The Lord again dipped into the river. He held out a golden thimble studded with rubies.

"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. Again, the seamstress replied, "No."

The Lord reached down again and came up with a leather thimble.

"Is this your thimble ?" the Lord asked. The seamstress replied, "Yes." The Lord was pleased with the woman's honesty and gave her all three thimbles to keep, and the seamstress went home happy.

Some years later, the seamstress was walking with her husband along the riverbank, and her husband fell into the river and disappeared under the water. When she cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked her, "Why are you crying?" "Oh Lord, my husband has fallen into the river!"

The Lord went down into the water and came up with George Clooney. "Is this your husband?" the Lord asked.

"Yes," cried the seamstress. The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!" The seamstress replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to George Clooney, you would have come up with Brad Pitt.

Then if I said 'no' to him, you would have come up with my husband. Had I then said 'yes,' you would have given me all three. Lord, I'm not in the best of health and would not be able to take care of all three husbands, so THAT'S why I said 'yes' to George Clooney.

And so the Lord let her keep him.

The moral of this story is:

Whenever a woman lies, it's for a good and honorable reason, and in the best interest of others. That's our story, and we're sticking to it.

Signed,

All Us Women

Soon as I commit them to (digital) paper :blush I've really been neglecting the site with the holidays. I'm part magpie I think...easily distracted by shiny objects :lol But come the New Year here in a few weeks I'll be back at it :D

Well, I'll keep a weather-eye out, matey !

I wonder if you could reach Leslie and ask if you could put a link to her page with all her designs on it too ?

I keep wanting to look at them, and have a devil of a time looking through 375 pages of posts to find the right link .

Well, I am debating whether or not to give DD her christmas present or not. I was getting workbooks off the shelves for files and at the end of the day I always find that reaching the top shelves is more difficult than in the mornings (well, I have been working all day and am a bit tired), so I stood on a chair to make it easier. DD wanted to know why I was on the chair, so I said I think I shrunk during the day. She said people don't shrink during the day, then "well, you are over 21, so you will start shrinking anyway" :eek:angry

Well, I am debating whether or not to give DD her christmas present or not. I was getting workbooks off the shelves for files and at the end of the day I always find that reaching the top shelves is more difficult than in the mornings (well, I have been working all day and am a bit tired), so I stood on a chair to make it easier. DD wanted to know why I was on the chair, so I said I think I shrunk during the day. She said people don't shrink during the day, then "well, you are over 21, so you will start shrinking anyway" :eek:angry

Ooops :lol

Archived