Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Here is a picture of the tote I won from Sue. Im so proud to be the owner

Dont know why Abby thinks everything is for her, but she tried to claim it.

Great photo! The tote is pretty and Abby is so cute!

Thank you Kimgoodie for the beautiful square!!!

What a super surprise in the mail today...........

[ATTACH]37995[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

What a nice square! I love seeing what everyone gets.

Just checking back in to say hi and once I finish another baby blanket, hope to be able to start back up sending out some squares.

Brenda- love the pic of the beautiful tote with Abby!

Ha! I would take them both!

~*~*~*~*~Good Morning all~*~*~*~*~

Too Cute Sheila!!!

Okay... so today is a nice day to get some crocheting done.

Its cool and rainy out.. my house is empty... I'm finally home ALONE for the first time in a long time.

I have a pair of socks I want to try and get some serious work done on! I want to give them to my mom for Easter :D

I think I'll give her some bubble bath.. lotion and a candle with then... Kinda a pamper me gift!

Any way.. wanted to stop in and say :hi Hi

I have yarn to take with me to get some friendship square work done while I wait for the boys from school. :hook

:cheer:cheerYou deserve an alone day!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
goodmorning Everyone!! What do you get when you cross a rabbit with a sprinkler? Hare spray!

Sheila is banded from the CAL for that one. :sofunny

~*~*~*~*~Good Morning all~*~*~*~*~

Too Cute Sheila!!!

Okay... so today is a nice day to get some crocheting done.

Its cool and rainy out.. my house is empty... I'm finally home ALONE for the first time in a long time.

I have a pair of socks I want to try and get some serious work done on! I want to give them to my mom for Easter :D

I think I'll give her some bubble bath.. lotion and a candle with then... Kinda a pamper me gift!

Any way.. wanted to stop in and say :hi Hi

I have yarn to take with me to get some friendship square work done while I wait for the boys from school. :hook

WOO HOO!!! I hope you enjoyed your quiet day! :hug

:turtle:vheart

I haven't been on much this week, either--I started a new job on Tuesday so my hours are quite a bit different than what I had in retail! (I also am on a computer all day, so by the time I get home, the last thing I want to do is sit at the computer to mess around online!)

~*~*~*~*~Good morning all~*~*~*~*~

Hope all is well with everyone!

yesterday was a really nice quiet day for me. Felt so good. And what luck... I get to do it all over again today! :yay

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I posted. I hope you all are doing well

hey there stranger... :hug

I haven't been on much this week, either--I started a new job on Tuesday so my hours are quite a bit different than what I had in retail! (I also am on a computer all day, so by the time I get home, the last thing I want to do is sit at the computer to mess around online!)

Oh hey.. .congrats on the job!!! :D

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I posted. I hope you all are doing well

HI!! :)

Congrats on the job!! :cheer

Thanks everyone! It's going really well so far! :)

Congrats on your new job Mandy

Oh hey.. .congrats on the job!!! :D

HI!! :)

Congrats on the job!! :cheer

Don't worry about it. We have lots of people that disappear for a bit when life throws too much their way. Most of them eventually make it back. Making squares for others was never a requirement. We all just do what we can when we can. :hug

Here I am :lurk'ing around again and not knowing anything about what's going on.:think

Thanks for your kind words, Brenda. When I do make something for someone, I never expect anything in return. But we also need to learn how to receive as well as to give, don't we.

As Brenda said it was NEVER a requirement that you make squares. Come and go as you need to. We'll be here. :hug

And thank you as well, Sue. :hug

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Evening¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Well........ I have been so absent from the group here..... I have lost touch with whats going on in everyones lives! I do apologize!!! Its been really crazy here!

I posted a while back about hubby being diagnosed back in October with Leukemia. Well.. he's hangin' tough. Had a doctor appointment today and blood work done... things are still lookin' good.

My son Michael has Nephrotic Syndrome and went into a relapse a week after hubby was diagnosed ...due to the stress of his daddy being sick.

My daughter has been living with us for a year now with her 3 children and I have to say... its not been a good experience! I'm quite disappointed in my daughters lack of responsibility! I'm tired of raising her kids for her.

My son Christopher had a heart cath done because he has been having chest pains. He's fine! They said is was fluid around the heart... he has meds and is to rest.

My mom just had surgery done last Thursday to have a 10 lb tumor removed from one of her ovaries. She's home and resting... and recovering nicely.

My daughter and all three of her kids are now sick...spreading the germs around in my house and not tending to it at all. So its all I can do to keep up with it.

Because of it.. .Michael is sick... and he has just recently been weaned off the meds and in remission.. but this cold could set him back.

My hubby is about to undergo the last chemo treatment and CANT have a cold or infection... that will put him at risk and in the hospital.

So...............for me................. I've been a bit out of the loop here with making squares! I do apologize!

Sue............if you wouldnt mind sending a new list... I would love to get back at it. I have really dived into my crocheting.. as its kept me as sain as I'm going to be. I'm so exhausted... I'm surprised I can even remember my name.

I have been volunteering to test lots of patterns along with my own crocheting .. .to really keep busy.

So... I need to work on some squares too!

Okay.. .off to get a coffee refill

I really miss you guys!!! :hug

Wow, Tammy! Been a week since this post and I haven't read further for any updates. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. :hug

Finally found a pattern for a 12" square for you. The list says any so I hope you will like it. It's 2 rows aran alternating with 2 rows of RHSS Sage Mary. Every other row has a double every 3rd stitch worked into the row below...guess it's like a spike. Hubby says it looks really good (take note in my siggy that I'm partially color blind although I really like it.) Gonna make one of these for my great nephew's comfortghan with RHSS Zebra and I think, light gray, or black.

Back to your post...I'm so very sorry for all you've had to deal with but we know our strength comes from God. More :hug's and prayers for you all.

Its beautiful out... 70* right now..with a high of 77* ... yesterday it got up to 89* and the boys were dying of heat... LOL... they crack me up!

I know you are all gonna think I have lost my mind... or that my boys are NUTS.. .or both... but they came in from playing outstide... they all stood in the kitchen wiping off with baby wipes to cool off... and were still hot... so next thing I hear is giggling from the pantry... and then the youngest say... Mom is gonna kill us. Well.. its time to put the yarn and hook down.. and go see what this is all about... so I peek around the corner and this is what I see...............:rofl

all three heads in the deep freeze... OMGoodness

Nope... wasnt mad... didnt kill them... just laughed like crazy and then hugged them all! I totally needed that bit of silliness!!!! They weren't hurting anything.... but they did bring a smile to my face! :D

Nope, I'm one who doesn't think it's crazy. I'm in southwest Michigan. Nothing like Nebraska, though. And I cannot stand the 80s unless the humidity is low. We had that warm day on Sunday and had to turn on the A/C for awhile. Was so glad when it turned cooler again. And this is a gal from Baton Rouge who also lived in New Orleans, Houston & Fort Worth before moving to Michigan in 1989.

continued prayers for hubby please... temp was 100.9* this morning.
Prayers ongoing.:hug

Here is a picture of the beautiful square I recieved from Kimgoodie, Thank you I love the pattern and the color

It's a beautiful square!

Congratulations on your new job!

Here I am :lurk'ing around again and not knowing anything about what's going on.:think

Thanks for your kind words, Brenda. When I do make something for someone, I never expect anything in return. But we also need to learn how to receive as well as to give, don't we.

:hug:hug:hug

Hi everyone. Its been a rough week for me, I havent had my meds, and I am really feeling the effects. ( Ive come to realize that I really do need my xanax, prozac, adderall and zyprexa) Hopefully my therapist can get me in to see the psychiatrist and get me a refill.

I hope you are all doing well, and if not :hug s are sent your way :)

Hi everyone. Its been a rough week for me, I havent had my meds, and I am really feeling the effects. ( Ive come to realize that I really do need my xanax, prozac, adderall and zyprexa) Hopefully my therapist can get me in to see the psychiatrist and get me a refill.

:(:hug

:hug:manyheart coming your way

Sorry I've been absent. I had a laptop mishap. :( Screen was "accidentally" broken...and nobody knew what happened. ;) I'm set up on an extra one now that we had, so trying to get caught up.

I've been working on squares and am hoping to get some mailed out at the end of the week. :)

Hi All!! I've been busy with totes and keeping up with the addicts to said totes! :lol I have homework to do today and cat to the vet. What's everyone else up to?

Archived