Old World Charm Bedspread (for me)

breeze530

I started working on this a couple of yrs ago when I was in the hospital getting a new hip. Recently, I've been trying to finish up most of my WIPs. wanted more room. It's almost completed, but then I have to add small motifs around the edges & corners.

It's made with Aunt Lydia's Classic Thread in the 1,000 yrd cones. I'll have too dye it somehow when it's done because the thread is from 3 different countries & every country has a little different tint to the same color. There are no dye lots for this. It's the Natural.

Here is a pic of what it looks like completed in the mag Old-Time Crochet, Autumn 2001.

post-1578-135897506865_thumb.jpg

And here is a close-up of mine & a larger pic on my bed. I'm sorry if the pics are too large. I'm still not sure exactly how to do this.

post-1578-135897506873_thumb.jpg

post-1578-135897506876_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for your comments, but it's still not completed. I added it here to give me inspiration because it's so close to being finished. I'm working on it every day though, so thanks for your kind comments!

Wow! SO, so pretty! One of these days I will get around to making a bedspread. I love working with thread but I don't know if I could make that many motifs! I get twitchy at the thought of a granny square afghan because of all the end-weaving and sewing, I can't picture me wrestling with all those ends in thread!

Wow! SO, so pretty! One of these days I will get around to making a bedspread. I love working with thread but I don't know if I could make that many motifs! I get twitchy at the thought of a granny square afghan because of all the end-weaving and sewing, I can't picture me wrestling with all those ends in thread!

Oh, find a "join-as-you-go" one like this one is. There will still be end-weaving when I'm finished, but no sewing. After you make the 1st motif, on the next ones you join them to the old ones on the last row. It's so much easier than sewing. I HATE SEWING TOO!

Lovely. It's got to be great if the kitty will sit on it. Smart little kitty. Thanks for sharing with us.

That's for sure! Pets know a good thing when they see one....:clap

Archived