Cotton Thread Shawl

mimicat

Hi! I would like to share another shawl I made with cotton thread size 8, 4 balls. The pattern is from solutia yarns. The link is available at crochet pattern central look for Shawl, crocheted. This is the second cotton thread shawl I made, so in case you want to see the first one, its here. :hook

28303079_6f562cd9c4.jpg

28303078_4431b32db0.jpg

Thanks to all who made nice comments on this shawl! :D

That is just gorgeous! How long did it take? I'm curious bc I am considering doing a thread shawl but haven't started yet... I tend to flake out on long projects lol.

Hi Marvie! I didn't count the hours it took to make this shawl, but it seems to come up quite fast specially if you're watching t.v. or chatting with someone. I'd guess about 8-10 nights doing this, you'll be finished with it. And I dont think its that big a project. I've never attempted to make an afghan or blanket, but you've done some and several shawls I see, looking at your photo gallery! So why not try making a cotton thread shawl?? ;) By the way, I used 4 balls of 50gms mercerized cotton thread and a 3.00mm hook. It came out smaller than the pattern so I added 12 more rows to make 2 more set of squares and shells pattern. :hook

Oh my. I have the thread and lurex already wound to do a shawl for my sil and was all set to do the Lover's Knot Shawl until I saw yours. Now I can't decide, your's just came out so beautiful. Oh no, tough decisions. Will have to think on this awhile before I start.

Archived