Cotton Thread Shawl

mimicat

Oh my. I have the thread and lurex already wound to do a shawl for my sil and was all set to do the Lover's Knot Shawl until I saw yours. Now I can't decide, your's just came out so beautiful. Oh no, tough decisions. Will have to think on this awhile before I start.
It is absolutely beautiful! :clap I have this pattern, among other shawl patterns, but hadn't decided anything - until now :) . DH and I are planning a short vacation, and I think this will be my in-car project. :D

Thanks so much for your comments on the shawl especially crochet smartcat and 3doxies for your messages!!! :D

In answer to your questions: I used cannon crochet cotton (the one I'm selling through my blog), I used up 4 balls of 50gms. each (approx. 175 meters per ball) and I used a 3.00mm hook. The original pattern used an acrylic yarn and a 3.25 hook, so that would take shorter time to finish than what I did. I added 12 more rows making 2 more horizontal shells and squares pattern. I hope I answered your questions well, good luck on your shawl!!:hook

Mimi, your shawl is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing your tips on how long it takes and how much thread it takes:) I was planning to make one too but with a thread called knitting cotton available here in India. That also comes as 50 gms but don't know how many mts there are in it.. Its by Anchor thread!!

Hugs

Vims

Archived