The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

I haven't started mine yet...still working on my felted purse for the Olympic Games. But I've been following this thread daily and I just have to say how much I LOVE Erica's afghan! That is just gorgeous and I love the headboard on that bed!!!

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful square Shay.

I will try my hand at putting a finishing sc around my square. I never did this before but I know I have to space the sc so that they are evenly space equally on all sides. When I finish my square I will try it and let the group know how it came out and post a pic. Thank you. :crocheting

Shay, that looks great!:clap

Cheeria - we're all here if you ever need help...good luck!

I'll be going off for the night, too - sorry to have missed you, Jules!:hug

Morning ladies !

Well, I was up and at 'em early today ....

So, I am on the ball and orderly at the moment. It will probably change as the day goes on, but right now, I am on track .

I started my first square last night and it is about halfway done. It is turning out pretty. I will post a photo when it is done .

Cindy- I pm'd your clue 2 to you this morning ,and your card will go out today.

Those who have completed squares and havent sent addresses yet, if you'd like to be included in the card part of the club, then pm me with your address ,and I will also pm you with week 2's sneak peek into the fishbowl .

By the way, I forgot to post that I ended up getting different yarn for mine. I was just too concerned about the SS yarn . I do like it , it makes wonderful baby items, scarves, etc, but it seems so slippery, and this afghan will have so many squares sewn together, I really would worry about it STAYING together . I am probably just a worry -wart, but I went back to my good old RH yarn, color soft white for main square color, then they will be edged in the honeydew color, and the entire afghan will be edged in hunter green .

That's all from here this morning --- you all have a good day -- I hope the bad weather holds off for all of you. We were supposed to get freezing rain, but it has dropped to just plain rain,so that is good .

Good morning everyone. It is snowing like crazy here today. I got up at 5:30 to go to work, and at 5:40 they called and offered me the first four hours off, so I crawled back into bed. Just got up again. I started a load of laundry, and thought I'd come check n here.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning Cindy-

No offense, but I hope the bad weather stays up north of here. I am getting SO tired of snow . We still have probably a good foot of it in the yard ,so we don't need anymore just yet.

Thankfully ,it was a few degrees too warm for the freezing rain today.

I'm glad you got the morning off work !

Jules, I agree about the SS....I helped a friend make a comfortghan with it, and though very soft, I didn't like the way it stretched out. I love that honeydew color - your ghan is going to be beautiful!

Cindy I hope you dont' have to go to work at all...if you do, please be careful!

Yea Jude

That stretching thing too would have been an issue --since it would have been heavy . My first one turned out to be a pretty thick,heavy afghan and probably wouldnt have held up well with SS yarn. It was made of good old RH and is sturdy and holds up under anything .

Cheeria....When i tried to put the number they called for it was to many on the side so im doing 24 on each side and 3 in the corners....it came out perfect that way.

Ok first square is done and i did it with a H hook and had to skip one row in the center to get it the right size...which came out to 8x8...i measured as i went and adjusted to fit...so if i can keep them all to about that size i think it will work....I didn't follow your numbers Julie :blush because im going corner to corner and i just have the one book.

What do you think??This is square number 57.

Shay that's really nice! You can really see the cabling nicely. I don't have that particular book, because doing FP and BP stitches is so hard on my hands that I tend to avoid doing too many of them.

Hi Joooolie and Judy. I don't get on here much these days it seems.

You guys will appreciate this: yesterday it was sunny and 80 in Austin. A very pretty day. Tomorrow there's a 60% chance of snow. If we get snow, it'll be our first actual snow of the year (even though there have been 2 separate days last Dec where we got about 5 minutes of snow flurries that disappeared almost before hitting the ground).

We've had an unusually cold and wet winter this year, which I'm very happy for. It should mean we have a fabulous wildflower season, and maybe, just maybe we won't have such a brutal summer like we did last summer. Last summer I just about died (we had something like 65 days of 100+ with most of those 100+ being closer to 110, no rain for the entire summer, it was horrible).

hello there

did you ladies start yet? or its because of the flu im imagining things???? :think

my yarn in the way aand even my books but the books will take little bit longer

guess what

the shipping will coast about 67$ :eek just for shipping :(

even mor expensive than the total stuff coast

but i know in the end ill have a great afghan that ill be proud of and in the end im sure the books wont vaporate so they will stay there :hook

Julie

my sister is sending you this msg

: ( dear Julie

i heard from Athba u want goerge clooney, but he is my fiane and he is MINE so look for someone else im sure u r way too beautifull to choose another one

thanks for cooperating with us :D )

loooooooooooooooooooool

Well I've changing my yarn and colors. I made two squares that were off in size, and being a perfectionist decided to start over. And having just completed another blanket that almost cost $100 to make, I decided to start this one over in good ole' RHSS :). I love the TLC cotton plus, but right now it's just not in the budget. Especially after my husband finding out his new job fell through. Luckily they still need him at his current job, but I'm feeling the need to tighten up. I'm going to use Soft White, Light Sage, and Frosty Green.

Here's my square #1 (redone), and square #52.

DSCF0342.jpg

DSCF0341.jpg

Well I've changing my yarn and colors. I made two squares that were off in size, and being a perfectionist decided to start over. And having just completed another blanket that almost cost $100 to make, I decided to start this one over in good ole' RHSS :). I love the TLC cotton plus, but right now it's just not in the budget. Especially after my husband finding out his new job fell through. Luckily they still need him at his current job, but I'm feeling the need to tighten up. I'm going to use Soft White, Light Sage, and Frosty Green.

Here's my square #1 (redone), and square #52.

DSCF0342.jpg

DSCF0341.jpg

Great color choices!! Watch out, or Jules might snatch it! SHe loves green.

Your work is terrific, too:clap

I finally ended the FG experiment...

I took out the yarn for my CHristmas ghan and have started the square for this week! I;m sooo happy.:hook

Athba

Yes, we got off to an early start so whenever you are ready go right ahead and get started . That is a pile of money for shipping isn't it ?

I have a message back for your sister.

Tell her she can have George because I'm sure she is much younger and prettier than me. I am old and married for almost 33 years. I already have a man who is nice to me and takes good care of me . So if she is still looking, I will give her George as a friendly gesture between our 2 countries . From the U.S to Kuwait --- I give you George Clooney .

( Maybe we'd better ask HIM first though , do you think ? )

Erica

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's job loss, but glad he still had his other one to go back to . nothing wrong with RH yarn. It has made many an afghan for me and held up well. It might be a little rough and scrapey but usually loosens up with washings and uses .

And it IS beautiful colors ....

Erica

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's job loss, but glad he still had his other one to go back to . nothing wrong with RH yarn. It has made many an afghan for me and held up well. It might be a little rough and scrapey but usually loosens up with washings and uses .

And it IS beautiful colors ....

Yeah, I've made two other blankets with it, and I agree it washes up nice. I really do like the light sage, it looks great with my sofa. I was just looking forward to using the TLC, but oh well. When I have to send hubby out for more yarn this time he won't get sticker shock :lol.

Erica

If you are like me, I always feel guilty spending that much on yarn ,so I go the low cost route most times . My husband doesn't care and has no clue what I spend on anything, but I always guilt myself out of buying the expensive stuff .

I think I deserve RH though .

Archived