The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if I use two colors, I will just edge each square in its own color. If I use three then I will likely make all the squares in two of the colors and edge in the third.

But who knows......I already have ten or eleven squares done in Aran, and I'd like to use them.

Lisa

I'm up near Akron . I'm not sure I know where you are. I just noticed your town name. Is that anywhere over near the Matins Ferry area or am I mixed up ? I have some of my favorite cousins over that way .

I am near Martins Ferry. :yes

Wow, Lisa

that is so cool ! Do you know anyone last name Delbrugge ? What age bracket are you in ? My cousins are mostly younger than me over that way. I have cousins of every age, though -- babies clear up to my oldest cousins who are in their 70's .

Cindy- I think the whole afghan in aran would look very classy . I am interested to see how many different varieties we end up with here . It should be a real neat experiment .

Athba- your colors will be very pretty together ! Sounds like a rose garden .

Judy- I think edging with the variegated will look really nice. Is it the variegated with the gold or silver thread running through it like some of the Christmas yarn ?

Whoops, nite, Jude-- just saw your post ...

Talk in the morning !

Judy- I think edging with the variegated will look really nice. Is it the variegated with the gold or silver thread running through it like some of the Christmas yarn ?

Whoops, nite, Jude-- just saw your post ...

Talk in the morning !

The variegated is called Victorian Ombre, ILTY brand

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=101695&dep=20&cat=60&subcat=5&Search=Y

Very pretty, Jude !

It reminds me a little of the RH variegated -- not sure what it's called, but I made my mom an afghan , I think it was the 48 granny sampler one, and actually did it in the same colors. It had the burgundy and a hunter green, then edged in the variegated . She must have liked it. One of the few items I ever made her that she kept .

Thanks...

And Athba - I can't wait to see it done, either!:lol

My stuff always gets shoved to the side....

Well, better get moving here....

CU all later!

i better try crocheting in the delivery room maybe it`ll take the stress away and the baby will get out peacfully

but im worried that the doctor assistance will cut my yarn instead of the baby thing hanged between the baby and placenta looooooool donno its name in english

Hi I would very much like to join. I have book one and book two so I will be picking out my squares from those books. As soon as I have the dollars I would love to buy the 4th book that was in the first post. I had these books in my crochet collection for a while and haven't even crocheted a square from them. I will start out using three colors and probably will add a fourth color. I have some Vanna Choice yarn on hand that I will be using in white, beige and lamb (cream) I'm thinking of adding a brownish color to the mix. Now where to begin?????????

Cheeria-

WELCOME !

We'd love to have you along. Your colors sound very soothing . I am really excited to see all the combinations everyone comes up with . I think maybe a light tannish color might add a little different tone, if you want another color, but it's totally up to you .

We would all love to include you ,though .

I think I'm going to get mine started as soon as I wrap up on my flannelghan,which hopefully will be by the end of the week or on the weekend .

Athba, when is this baby due?

Hi Cheeria.

I got my 63 sampler stitches book today. I have all four of them now.

This book has a really nice tote pattern in the back.

I'm eager to start, or to be more accurate, to continue the afghan I started over a year ago.

I think I'm going to get mine started as soon as I wrap up on my flannelghan,which hopefully will be by the end of the week or on the weekend .

I can do that! And at the same time as I try and finish my other squares;)

Hi I would very much like to join.

Welcome!!

I got my 63 sampler stitches book today. I have all four of them now.

This book has a really nice tote pattern in the back.

I'm eager to start, or to be more accurate, to continue the afghan I started over a year ago.

That is a nice tote!

Wow, Lisa

that is so cool ! Do you know anyone last name Delbrugge ? What age bracket are you in ? My cousins are mostly younger than me over that way. I have cousins of every age, though -- babies clear up to my oldest cousins who are in their 70's .

I don't know anyone with that last name. I've only lived in Ohio since July 2008; I'm originally from Indiana, PA. I just turned 40 on December 31. :) I really haven't gotten to know many people in the area yet.

I was in JoAnn today and think I've decided to do this afghan in cream. I really like the Caron Pound cream color so I'm going to at least start with that. If I don't love it worked as much as I do skeined I'll switch colors or do multiple colors. :)

Archived