The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

Julie, you have NO need to apologize!!! I hope you're feeling better and on the way to recovery.

I'm definitely in. My books should get here tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm not sure what color(s) I'll use yet though. I'll have to look through my stash this evening in case I need to order. :)

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I'm "in" on this one! I just ordered the book that was mentioned in the first post. I do have the first 63 square book but this one looked more intriging to me for some reason...maybe because I don't have it???

I think I may do this in either white or cream. :cheer

I like the one Jules mentioned, too. I'm going to use this CAL to make the Victorian CHristmas Afghan I've been wanting to do. I have the yarn already: Claret, deep green, off white, and a variegated with those colors in it.

Julie, I'm glad you are home.

I'm in, maybe I will finally finish the 63 squares afghan I started last year. I have three of the books, and I may buy the one Julie linked to in the first post as well. After all, its not like I can have too many patterns, right?

I started an afghan in Aran, but since then I bought a bunch of yarn in a taupe shade, and I may use that as well. I think I want the afghan to be pretty neutral in color.

Judy, that color combo sounds just gorgeous!

Great guys,

It sounds like a plan then. I think this idea may work out best, since we don't all have all the books ,and I know the one (the 63 More ) is hard to find and I believe out of print. There were a couple copies on amazon as used if anyone is interested.

I think I'm just going to go with the one I have which is the last one . I like all your color choices .I'm leaning towards white, but not totally convinced. I may need to think on it awhile yet .

Athba- I hope you can find your first book ,but if not, I'd LOVE to see someone do some of those cable ones. they do look really pretty .

Cindy- how many squares do you have completed yet, do you remember ?

It looks like the 63 more book is available at karpstyles.com

For some reason a direct link either takes you to "access forbidden" or a test page.

If you copy the above link, and add a www. in front of it, you should get there. Halfway down the page there is a section called afghan patterns and when you click on that, the 63 more book comes up as a choice.

It never occurred to me to mix and match squares from all three books.

That's why I love it when Jules leads a CAL...she gets great ideas!:cheer:clap

...and thanks for the compliments on my colors! I like the deeper Christmas colors...and really want this done for Christmas 2010!

Judy, thanks for the heads up on the link. That's what it does for me too, I'll see if I can get there another way and edit my post. If they have it available it's only $8.95, although I didn't check shipping.

edited to add: Arrrggh!!!:angry I can't make that link work. It's at karpstyles.com.

Just heard from son in Phoenix that friend has all 4 books and will give them to him. Might be a little late starting because she has to find them. But count me in. Free is always a good price.:c9

Just heard from son in Phoenix that friend has all 4 books and will give them to him. Might be a little late starting because she has to find them. But count me in. Free is always a good price.:c9

Free is ALWAYS worth waiting for;)

Morning ladies --

I just went to check out the karpstyles page. Thanks for the link Cindy, it does work if you just go to the karpstyles and look it up that way. I think the shipping was around 4 bucks, but don't quote me on that. I don't remember , I was clicking through and looking at lots of other things too, so forget .I get dazzled by all the pattern books and lose track .

Thanks for the compliment, Jude, but without all of you guy's input, I'd never figure this stuff out on my own . My brain is just always trying to think up new stuff to keep me busy .

So, it sounds like we have a small starting group, but I think we'll have more join in as time goes on .

For those who may not be participating in the Greek Games, and are anxious to go ahead and get a start on this, I don't see why you can't start now . I know how it is to have a new idea, and all your yarn,pattern, etc,and have to wait. If you are excited to get started, then that's great .

I'm going to go in and change post one to read what our new directions will be,then maybe we can get this show on the road !

Thanks to all of you for your input and suggestions .Color choices all sound very pretty. Judy- yours will be gorgeous for Christmas .

I'm still thinking on mine .... maybe an idea will hit if I look at the online yarn colors and try to put some together .

Anyone know of any special deals right now from any places, like free shipping, or something like that ?

Lisa

Sorry to hear that ! I saw that on one of the websites that orders may be behind due to weather . I hope it improves in your area so you will get them soon !

I know how hard it is when you order something and have to wait on it .

Thanks. I'm just constantly in instant gratification mode so it's really hard for me to wait. :lol

Anyone know of any special deals right now from any places, like free shipping, or something like that ?

I know that Hobby Lobby has I Love This Yarn on sale this week! I am literally fighting myself to stay out of that store!!! :lol

I like the one Jules mentioned, too. I'm going to use this CAL to make the Victorian CHristmas Afghan I've been wanting to do. I have the yarn already: Claret, deep green, off white, and a variegated with those colors in it.

Can you show us what this one looks like? Where is the pattern from? I just would love to see it because it sounds so pretty!

Lisa

Yes, I know, I'm the same way. If I order something, I want it as quick as possible, and check the mailbox constantly for it !

Deb-Thanks for the heads-up on Hobby Lobby yarn. That yarn is REALLY nice . soft and thick... great yarn to work with . I'll definitely have to check that out .

Also, I think the pattern Judy mentioned was actually going to be to use those christmas colors, but use the pattern book number 4 from this set to make the squares .

I THINK that's what she meant , but if not, she'll probably be in later on to clarify .

Also, I think the pattern Judy mentioned was actually going to be to use those christmas colors, but use the pattern book number 4 from this set to make the squares .

I THINK that's what she meant , but if not, she'll probably be in later on to clarify .

Duh! No wonder I couldn't find the pattern! :lol

Can you show us what this one looks like? Where is the pattern from? I just would love to see it because it sounds so pretty!

Sorry - Jules was right...I tend to leave off a bit of detail when I post:blush

One of my books arrived today!!! It's #555.

:clap:clap:clap

did you order all of them?

I'm still thinking about getting the one I don't have.

I got out of work early today, and thought about going over to Michaels and Hobby Lobby to see if either of them had the book in stock. I ended up going home though.

ok im definetlly in this :clap

i still have time to look for it

as i have to finish my ripple ghan for the ancient greek compitition

cindy

12 squares already wow thats a big progress :yes

keep going working hard :clap

Archived