The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

:clap:clap:clap

did you order all of them?

I'm still thinking about getting the one I don't have.

I got out of work early today, and thought about going over to Michaels and Hobby Lobby to see if either of them had the book in stock. I ended up going home though.

I ordered 3 of the 4. #555, #3961 and #4423.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i know ive been talking alot so i just wanted to say the way im gonna choose my squares from

ill choose nomber of colums from book 1 and the rest colums from book 2

for example : colums 1 , 3 , 5 ,7 are from book one

colums 2 , 4 , 6 from book two

if i faces any lacy patterns ill do them from the cable stiches afghan

for example found a lacy square which has number 35, ill look for the squares 35 from the cable afghan and do it instead

This is because i want it more solid and warm

hope that was easy to understand

in this way ill use all of the 3 books :yes

ok ive decided to order the old one and the second one which u were gonna work on it on the first place

we can never have too many crochet books can we???

:lol

We can never have too many pattern books;)

Sounds like you have a good plan for your ghan already! It'll be nice and warm:yes

judy

yup i wanna it to be warm so that i can go under with my kids for bed time while the air conditioner is working

yay

im so happy that i didnt do it before so i can join this cal

my yarn is in the mailing box in US so itll be here in about a week or less yaaaaaay

just have to wait for the books

It sounds like you guys are all getting your books together and plans in place ! This will be fun .

I am kinda leaning towards maybe some light browns and greens. I'll have to see what I come up with .

Anyhow, now you are making me want to order some more books, so off I go to amazon to see what I can see....

Athba-

I'm glad you got to order a new book since you sound excited to do this with us. I hope it gets there soon. Did you say you already have yarn ordered for it ,and if so, what colors did you decide on ?

Cindy- yes, the one I mentioned at first was book 4 .You oughta have a really good selection to choose from with all 4 books !

Morning ladies !

Erica--- I just picked out my yarn. I hope I won't be sorry but I chose simply soft ... I like the yarn a lot because it's so soft, but it is also not quite as easy in some ways to work with ...a little slippery, etc. I don't know, I was jus in the mood for something different and couldnt decide what to get ,so I got it in several shades. I have no clue how it'll look together, but just decided to try it and see what happens .

I've never worked with the yarn you mentioned so not sure about it. We dont have a big selection here where I live .

OOh, Lisa I bet you are excited to see your mailman come today ! Let us know how you like the books !

Julie, I think Simply Soft will make a wonderfully soft afghan. I use it a lot for baby blankets, and it seems to me that it is less splitty than it used to be.

Deb, your yarn sounds really pretty.

I am pretty sure that I will just continue with the Red Heart SS Aran that I originally started my afghan with last year. I'm not crazy about the yarn, but I like the color. I also have a lot of the super saver in frosty green. I don't know what I was planning to do with it, but there are 5 or 6 skeins in my stash, so I might use both colors.

Lisa

I'm up near Akron . I'm not sure I know where you are. I just noticed your town name. Is that anywhere over near the Martins Ferry area or am I mixed up ? I have some of my favorite cousins over that way .

Deb- your yarn sounds really beautiful .Can't wait to see it made into our afghans !

Cindy- thanks , I hope it doesn't split as bad . I do like it in some ways, but other ways I don't . I like how soft it is ,how easy it slides while working with it ,and the items usually turn out so pretty .

The part I don't like is that it does split ,it seems slippery when putting it together or adding new yarn on ,etc ... I don't know how that will work out, but I was in a hurry, didnt feel like standing there for long ,so just started grabbing a bunch of it . We'll see how it comes out. I know I have a big old pile of it .

I like the RH for afghans . It's always really sturdy feeling and long lasting ,so it's always a good bet . It does tend to feel scratchy, more so in some colors than others, and why that is, I have no clue unless it's different dye colors . Anyhow, I think the aran and frosty green would be beautiful together ...maybe even a little linen or something thrown in as a third color ...

Archived