The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Diane

And Welcome ! It's always good to see new faces in the group,so we'd love to include you .

Ask away, when you have questions. We'll all be here to help in any way we can .

Let us know when you get your books and yarn so we can hear what you chose .

There are several open-looking squares in book 4, but also a good mix of solids. I am hoping for mostly solid ones, I think . I will probably go with them,since the yarn I'm using will be kinda stretchy anyhow .

Anyhow, feel free to jump in whenever you want. We'll be here .

Yay Erica :cheerGreat job,its pretty!!

Got my yarn today so i should be ready to go before long....I told DH that i wanted cream and tan so he picked out Aran and Buff and holding them together i think they will look good.Now to pick from Julie's numbers and get my ripple done.

I also found that i have to use an I hook to get gauge so i hope it sticks on all of them.

Great job, Erica. :clap

Julie~My plan is to go tomorrow to get my yarn at the local yarn shop because our Walmart selection stinks since there change over to the supercenter. Wow, was that a run on sentence or what? :lol That's how I talk too, barely have time to breathe. :blush I do have some colors planned, if I can get my hands on them. I don't want to wait for them to come in the mail. Okay, now I am rambling. :yes:lol

Good evening everyone. Julie, you are always full of great ideas. I already have a squares 1-12 done from the 63 more book. I don't think that I will actually start until I have finished the flannelghan.

Presenting square #1, in the lovely single crochet....

DSCF0322.jpg

I chose TLC cotton plus, and I'm going to do solid cream.

Nice square, and I like that color a lot.

I've been looking through the fourth book, and the squares are really pretty, but a lot of them are quite open, and I'm not sue if I want too many "holey" squares in my afghan.

Shaylen, I found that I needed to change hook sizes once in a while to get gauge on the 12 squares I made from the "63 more" book. I had assumed that once I got gauge, I was all set, but it didn't work that way. I suspect that they must have had a bunch of different testers.

Tabby, do you know what colors yo are going to Use? Or did you post that somewhere and I missed it.

Yea, Jude, I just dont think the SS yarn will hold up well with a real loose-type pattern ,so I'll go with the most solid things I can find as much as possible. I may do a few with some types of small design-type holes, but not many .

Shay

Your colors sound pretty . I'm not sure on your hook . I'll hope it'll work for you on all the squares,but when I made my first 63, I used 3 different hooks to get all the squares to come out right . A few of them also needed an extra round of border, where others needed less,so it's a little tricky to play with them ,but they all go together in the end .

Tab

I was in here quite awhile this evening and no one was around, so I turned it off to get this flannelghan done. I wanted it done by morning, but I dont think it's gonna quite make it .

I'm about 2/3 done with the last strip, but still need to finish it, then sew the last 2 in place and edge it .

I doubt i'll be awake long enough to do it all tonite . I'll try though .

Cindy- can you send me your address pm ? Is it ok if I send you one card for your first 12 ?

Since you had so many done ahead ? I'll gladly send a card ,though !

Cindy~The colors I wanna use are mustard, rust, brick, and chocolate in Vanna's yarn. I will be off to see if the yarn store has those colors tomorrow. :cheer

Julie-O~Good luck on getting the flannelghan done tonight. :cheer

I am off to bed, my Pappy will be here bright and early so we can go get my new couch. :clap:c9

:cheer Nice work Erica, it came out great. I also was thinking of making the single crochet square, I might save it for later and choose something else. Nite everyone

:cheer Nice work Erica, it came out great. I also was thinking of making the single crochet square, I might save it for later and choose something else. Nite everyone

That square certainly wasn't challenging and I should have saved it for later too. But I needed a break after making my final squares for my queen sized granny blanket. I'm happy to say that I finished up my last square a little while ago and they're all stitched together too! I just need to add a border and I can finally wrap up that project. I don't want to make any more grannies for a long, long time--except for square number whatever, of course :lol.

Erica- forgot to say ,that those who finish their Fishbowl Square before week's end is up and new square is announced are allowed a sneek peek into the fishbowl for the next week's square .

SSsshhh -- it's top secret . :D

I can tell you what it is, and you can make it and show it, but just can't tell anyone how you chose it from the fishbowl clue .

Just to remind everyone ,and also in case you didn't re-read post one, I added a couple changes to the beginning :

1- We now have a system in place if you want to choose your squares based on a fun way of playing .

You do not have to choose them like this, you can choose any way you want, this is just for added fun .

2- Should you want to be included to receive cards for the completion of each square,and showing us the photo, please PM me your address.

I know some of you don't know me, but a lot of you do . :yes

I've been a member here for 5 years now .Believe me, I am safe.

I'm a hillbilly housewife ,too old to stalk you (unless you look like George Clooney, then I might TRY, if I can get my car started and remember which direction to drive ),but something tells me that none of you look like him . :(

Just a guess. :think

I could be wrong . :eek

George, if you ARE out there, Just PM me .:D

We could save a lot of time here .

Good morning everyone.

Julie, I will PM you my address, but you don't need to send me a card for the first twelve. You can wait until I actually start making the squares.

Erica, I looked at your blog and I really like your granny blanket. It looks like a lot of work.

Tab, those colors sound so beautiful. And a new sofa! Its always fun to get new furniture.

Hi everyone, I have been so busy today doing household chores that I am just now sitting down for a sec. Erica I love your blanket and the colors you used. Hopefully this evening I will get some crocheting time in to begin my square. :hook I have chosen a square and I want to see how it work up.

Archived