The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

Deb, the hardest thing I had to learn is to improvise...do my own thing. That's what makes our projects all so unique!

:lolYep...not very good at improvising! That's definitely something I need to work on! I've always been one of those that had to follow a pattern to a "T". That's why doing the squares out of order *gasp* really threw me for a tailspin! Now I have to improvise? Oh heavens, my little world will never be the same! :haha

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheeria-

Good for you ! We will be excited to see your first square when you get a chance to snap a photo -- how old is your grandbaby ? I used to watch mine every day too and loved it . :)

Deb- I'm glad we were able to relieve your worries a little on this . I don't want to make light of this afghan, it does definitely take patience and some fiddling with it to get it to come out ,but it can be done .

Believe me, I have NO PATIENCE at all . I did complete the book 1 afghan . I have searched for the photos-- I know it is buried someplace on my computer but we have a gazillion photos on here and it's listed in with some of our family photos, because I made it for my cousin for her wedding gift ,so it would take me a LOT of time to dig for it ,which I havent had enough of lately .

Anyhow, we'll get you through this if you hang in here with us .

Just ask Jude, Cindy,some of the others who have been in the groups before --we all stick together and help each other out and we will not give up on you .

Jude- you are right, with this pattern ,we have to fiddle with it in spots, but we will make it work !

Tab- We'll be here whenever you're ready . :)

Wanda-- well, all I can do is kinda give you a rough estimate ,since I don't have all 4 books. I only have 2 and 4 . I gave away my #1 when I completed the afghan .

So, the yarn amounts too will depend on which squares you use out of which books, but I'll give you what I have :

Book 2 says 68 oz

Book 4 says 98 ( If I figured it right )

I can't remember usage on the first, but I'd say it was about the same as book 2,so probably around 70 ....

Book 4 with the cables, I'd just guess would take the most, so we'd be looking at a big pile, probably 100 or more ?

The best guess I could give you would be to go with at the very least ,80 oz ????

Probably something with no dye lot, so if you'd need more, it's be easy to get more of the same .

Sorry I can't be of more help, but that's about the best I can figure ,since we won't know which squares you choose yet, etc

Jules...have a good afternoon...I'll be on once or twice more before I'm off for the night.

I'm still trying to find time to finish the 1st square...then I want to joing some random squares from the Jackson CAL...no border, except around the entire thing when it's done:hook

That's fine and dandy , Miss Jude

I have some odds and ends myself to attend to here,so I've kinda been flitting in and out myself all day .

I'll check in again before signing out, but will probably go toss in some supper soon, then take a break to get some squares made ,and do a little reading.

Got some library books today and I suddenly got the interest to open a good book for a little bit, so I may take a few hours off to read, work a little on squares and chill out .

Will be around to check in again before tuning out for the night .

I started my second square for 63,but would like to get more done on the castle tonite, so will do more focus on it I think .

Hey guys

Anyone who happens to be playing along with the fishbowl game and done with square one, needing square 2, please let me know .

I can up the rate and put them out quicker if you guys want me to .

Keep on my tail if I forget to send it to you. I am not as sharp as I used to be ,so I sometimes need a little prodding .

With a CATLLE PROD .

Jules...still finishing 1st square, but almost done. Somehow the day got away from me! I knned to pic up my hook when we're watching TV later on.

Cu later!

Here's the square I made from 63 Sampler Stitches to Crochet (it's #7)

It's made from Claret RHSS, but you know how it is with artificial light and colors:P

post-8552-135897507528_thumb.jpg

Evening everyone, here is a picture of my first square. It is square # 7 called Alternante Puff Stitch from the first book ,"63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches"

square 7 book 1

Okay, so I went to order yarn from Joanns online and the red heart there is more than it is in Walmart. :eek So now I am back to square one because I am not tossing 50 bucks on yarn. :( I decided to change my colors to match my new couch so I will be going with a lt. gray, dk. gray, and aran. I will have to see if I can find those colors in Walmart. This is much harder than it should be. Grrr...:angry

Off to bed, will try to get to Walmart's tomorrow. I'm going to be so behind the rest of you. Geesh!

BTW~Great squares everyone!! They all look so wonderful!! :cheer

Cheeria-

Good for you ! We will be excited to see your first square when you get a chance to snap a photo -- how old is your grandbaby ? I used to watch mine every day too and loved it . :)

Deb- I'm glad we were able to relieve your worries a little on this . I don't want to make light of this afghan, it does definitely take patience and some fiddling with it to get it to come out ,but it can be done .

Believe me, I have NO PATIENCE at all . I did complete the book 1 afghan . I have searched for the photos-- I know it is buried someplace on my computer but we have a gazillion photos on here and it's listed in with some of our family photos, because I made it for my cousin for her wedding gift ,so it would take me a LOT of time to dig for it ,which I havent had enough of lately .

Anyhow, we'll get you through this if you hang in here with us .

Just ask Jude, Cindy,some of the others who have been in the groups before --we all stick together and help each other out and we will not give up on you .

Jude- you are right, with this pattern ,we have to fiddle with it in spots, but we will make it work !

Tab- We'll be here whenever you're ready . :)

Wanda-- well, all I can do is kinda give you a rough estimate ,since I don't have all 4 books. I only have 2 and 4 . I gave away my #1 when I completed the afghan .

So, the yarn amounts too will depend on which squares you use out of which books, but I'll give you what I have :

Book 2 says 68 oz

Book 4 says 98 ( If I figured it right )

I can't remember usage on the first, but I'd say it was about the same as book 2,so probably around 70 ....

Book 4 with the cables, I'd just guess would take the most, so we'd be looking at a big pile, probably 100 or more ?

The best guess I could give you would be to go with at the very least ,80 oz ????

Probably something with no dye lot, so if you'd need more, it's be easy to get more of the same .

Sorry I can't be of more help, but that's about the best I can figure ,since we won't know which squares you choose yet, etc

Thanks for info. It helps.

Here's the square I made from 63 Sampler Stitches to Crochet (it's #7)

It's made from Claret RHSS, but you know how it is with artificial light and colors:P

I love the look of that one Judy!!

Beautiful Jude !!!

Nice work and love the color !!

Here are my first 2 :1st is # 52 from book 2,2nd is #7 from book 4

I love the way your doing the border a different color...it makes them stand out more!!

Evening everyone, here is a picture of my first square. It is square # 7 called Alternante Puff Stitch from the first book ,"63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches"

square 7 book 1

Very pretty...i like the texture of it!!

Okay, so I went to order yarn from Joanns online and the red heart there is more than it is in Walmart. :eek So now I am back to square one because I am not tossing 50 bucks on yarn. :( I decided to change my colors to match my new couch so I will be going with a lt. gray, dk. gray, and aran. I will have to see if I can find those colors in Walmart. This is much harder than it should be. Grrr...:angry

Off to bed, will try to get to Walmart's tomorrow. I'm going to be so behind the rest of you. Geesh!

BTW~Great squares everyone!! They all look so wonderful!! :cheer

Hi Tabby...long time no see :hug I know my walmart carry's those colors so i hope yours does to...cant wait to see them together...I have some lt gray,dark gray and black that i was going to use on the Circle to square afghan becouse i love the colors and then didn't do it.

I got another square done today and will try to get photos up tomorrow...tiring to get my ripple done since i got behind :blush and only have 2 days left.

Thanks, ladies:hug

I think I'm going to border them in a matching variegated, but I'll wait and see how they look first. I also went up to an I hook - so they're 8 inches not smaller.

Cheeria and Jules - those are so pretty!:cheer:clap

Tabby, you'll catch up in no time. We'll be here waiting for you -- not to worry!:hug

Cheerie-

Love your square- it's very pretty !

Tab- you're not that far behind. We only just got a good start on it and you can easily catch up . Our walmart has the greys too . I like grey a lot .

Shay-thanks-- I wanted to border mine with just a touch of another color ,not a lot ,so I like the way it looks so far .Good job on completing another square !

Jude- it'll be intersting to see yours bordered !

Deb ---

Get your motor runnin

Get out on the highway

Lookin for attention

For whatever comes your way .....

Born to be wild.............

I picture you riding down the highway on a Harley ,yarn blowing in the wind behind you ...black leather jacket on .....

:2rock:2rock:2rock:2rock:2rock:2rock

Sounds like you're having a blast !!!:D:D:D

ATTENTION WALMART SHOPPERS

Just a note --

I changed up and loosened up guidelines a little on post one . I will be going in a little more frequently to add new fishbowl choices so that people who may work faster than others won't have to wait, or others who start late can have a copy of the complete list .

Also anyone wanting in on the card-receiving ,as long as you complete and show us one or more photos per week, you can get a card for each week .

Any other questions, holler .

Afternoon Ladies!!

Ok here is my next 2 squares~Corded Cables(57) and Cable Hearts(53)~Im going from corner to corner that way i can sew them together as i go and i also decided to use all one color....Now off to make Taco soup for my DH and get some done on my ripple.

These are pretty close to the real color just a little lighter.

post-3370-135897507651_thumb.jpg

Archived