The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

Hello Everyone, :)

It's been a long time since I've done a CAL here, but I would love to join this one. All your squares are so pretty.

I have three of the books (63, 63 More, and 63 cables) and have a lot of "scrap" yarn I would like to use for it - mainly blues, greens, and red. I can't wait to get started, and probably will do a random pattern of colors. It's good to be here again!

Julie - I haven't stopped watching this video since I saw your link yesterday. Something about it just makes me happy. Thank you for sharing it.

Have you all seen the youtube wedding video of the wedding party dancing down the aisle ?

I have watched that so many times, I have worn it out !!!

I'll put a link on here if anyone wants to see it.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Diane

It's SO good to see you and to have you join us ! Another old friend back with us again !

Your colors will be pretty and you should have a nice selection of squares to choose from with that many of the books .

And yea, I know what you mean about the video . I love it and have watched it too many times to count. It always makes me happy .

So much happiness and life in those young people and you just have the feeling that they will always be together ,and always have a happy life .

It reminds me of the saying "Dancing down the aisle",and they literally are .

Just a really good feeling to see it with so much joy . We felt that happy the day we got married,even though our parents weren't so happy about it .

I only WISH we would have thought of this idea .I would have done it in a heartbeat. I have no clue how to dance, but I wouldnt hesitate to make a fool of myself and look like an idiot. I don't care if I look stupid or not .

Now my husband...... THAT would have taken some persuading ...he's not quite as outgoing as I am ,so I can't picture him doing anything to draw attention to himself .

But,we'll never know I dont guess .

Anyhow, glad you enjoyed the video . I watch it often, especially if I'm having a rough day and need a boost .

Thanks again for joining in !

:angry:angry:angry Very disappointed when mailman did not deliver my pattern books today. Want to join just as soon as it gets here. I guess I will have to hurry to catch up. Lovely squares made by all here so far. Hope package is here Monday.

Erica

Thanks so much for sending that video this morning ! You do not know how much that helped me .

I've never seen that show before . In a pretty low mood this morning ,but that video had me laughing .

Thank you . You have REALLY done me a favor today .Started my day with a laugh .

Just wanted to drop in and say a good morning to all -- I am working on another project,but will also pull out my yarn to start my 3rd square for this afghan today ...

Will look through my books to decide what pattern to choose for number 3 ...

Hope you all have a good day today and get in some time to crochet .

:angry:angry:angry Very disappointed when mailman did not deliver my pattern books today. Want to join just as soon as it gets here. I guess I will have to hurry to catch up. Lovely squares made by all here so far. Hope package is here Monday.

Awwww....:hug

Erica, I watch the Office and saw that...and then saw the origianal video - it's a hoot!. And the dance is so appropriate for the Office characters. We were laughing so hard when we saw it on TV:lol

Jude, Erica,or anyone else that knows--

Can you tell me what the deal was with the guy who was wearing the box-things on his feet ?

We've never seen the show,so I have no clue who is who, but it was such a cute video .

Just curious about the boxes .

Jules, It's at the back of my brain...oh...something to do with the shoes he had on...can't remember if it was the bridegroom's (Jim) joke or what.

Erica has a younger brain....she probably knows.

Jude, Erica,or anyone else that knows--

Can you tell me what the deal was with the guy who was wearing the box-things on his feet ?

We've never seen the show,so I have no clue who is who, but it was such a cute video .

Just curious about the boxes .

Something about his shoes stinking so bad so the hotel people destroyed them, it was a health code violation :lol. He's usually bald too, I don't remember why he was wearing a toupee.

Hello everyone. I'm just dropping by to say hello.

I'm not making any squares fo this afghan today, instead I'm going to alternate working on a knit square and a RR baby blanket. I have too many projects going at the moment, so I need to get them organized. I am easily bored, so its probably a good thing I have a few to choose from.

Cindy

If you and Jude get your way, you won't be easily bored for long. I have 2 more CAL's kicking around waiting to get out.

I just don't think I can start anymore just yet .

You all that can juggle so many at once amaze me .

Like people who read more than one book at a time. I'm not good at that either .

I frogged my current square...wasn't laying right. I'll go back to it tomorrow...

Been doing Jackson Squares after having the saltine marathon yesterday.:D

Hey to everyone, just dropping by to :clap hello. It has been a very relaxing lazy day for me but I plan on working on my square this evening while I watch TV. Sometimes you need a lazy relaxing day. :hug

Hey to everyone, just dropping by to :clap hello. It has been a very relaxing lazy day for me but I plan on working on my square this evening while I watch TV. Sometimes you need a lazy relaxing day. :hug

Hi, yourself;)

And I agree...we had a relatively lazy day today, too.

Hidey-ho ladies

Just a checkin for tonite -- hope you all are doing well --not much progress on this end in here today. Spent the day on another CAL project but will pull out the stuff for this one tomorrow to start another square -- promise !

Hope you all get the chance to get another square worked on this week too .

See you in the morning -- heading off to get some more done on my other project.

Be here bright and early in the morning -

I have 12 finished, I started from square 1, and eventually hit a square that I didn't like, so I quit. It never occurred to me to mix and match squares from all three books.

The other thing I have done before is just to do a few of the squares I liked the most more than one time each. I did one out of several books like you all are talking about, just mixed & matched whenever I wanted to. I ended up getting lots of nice comments on Flickr. In fact, more than I've ever gotten from any of my other pics. I remember making one of the flower squares 2 or 3 times just because I loved it so much.

Good luck to you all! I'm enjoying reading this thread, but probably won't join right now because I have so many WIPs & WIMs going already....

Hi Bev

Thanks for dropping in to visit and for your input . We always like visitors . So,what colors did you make yours in ?

That is a good idea, too, if you like certain squares,nothing wrong with repeating them .

Drop in anytime --we hope to have more photos posted along the way,so you'll be able to see updates ~

That's an idea about making more than one square of a pattern...I was thinking of that, esp since the first time around with a new pattern I usually have to frog it.

No sense in wasting hard-earned knowledge:lol

Cindy - have a good day at work. I hope things go okay.

Morning my 63'ers ....

Hope you all have a great Monday and a good start to your week . I'm gonna simplify the rules in here once again to make things a little more feasible for all involved.

The basic plans stay the same :

We are all still using same books, same yarns,etc. Working with whatever squares we choose for our own afghans .

The only plans I am changing will be to simplify it, and the reson behind simplifying it ,is because I have plans in the works to start another CAL ,which isn't quite as long term and involved , but will take up part of my time to get it off the ground and running well .

SO... the only change in here will be to keep on as before . The Fishbowl will be eliminated . Cards will still be sent out, but in a new system :

Each Friday is called Photo Friday ,so you have all week to work on your squares for your afghan . On Fridays, I'll come in and ask if anyone has photos to share .

I'll post mine, you post yours .

Everyone posting photos will receive a card for completing a square for the week. So you can do ONE, or as many as you can fit into a week. Work at your own pace .

This will simplify things for all of us .

Just remember Fridays as Photo Fridays -- that will give you all week to complete whatever you can .

Might make it easier for us if we have a specific day .

I keep buying more pretty cards to send out ,so have plenty on hand !

Archived