The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jude

Those little dudes look like a row of soldiers standing there .

They are...reporting for duty!

Let me get back to my hooks...

Be back on later,:yes

Erica

If you are like me, I always feel guilty spending that much on yarn ,so I go the low cost route most times . My husband doesn't care and has no clue what I spend on anything, but I always guilt myself out of buying the expensive stuff .

I think I deserve RH though .

My hubby doesn't care how much I spend on yarn either. Which just makes me feel even more guilty about buying yarn.

I'm using Red heart because its what I have in my stash, and I wanted to sue Aran, and the RH Aran is the color I'm after.

I prefer the Bernat Super Value, but the color choices in that are quite limited. Its a lot softer than RH.

And Erica, your squares are just beautiful. I like those colors.

Judy, congratulations on finishing your FG's. Mine are done too, but so far I have resisted starting yet another project....

Thanks!

Well, I started a square for this CAL...then frogged 2 rows because the repeat was "off"...then I put it aside and I went to my Jackson Square squares.:hook

No knitting today.

Erica...love your colors...im using RHSS to because i like how it holds up and the price.

Julie...To save you money on postage you can just send me a card after every 10 squares...that way i have to work for your surprise :lol .

Here is square number 56...its called Little hearts and i did it in Aran.I had to leave out a row on this square to to get gauge so you really have to watch every square.

post-3370-135897507023_thumb.jpg

Shay-that is so cute!

Love the little hearts on it !!!

AND ,little missie, I need your mailing address to send you a card . Still don't have it !

So far, it hasn't been that bad. You guys need to make my head spin with squares and have so many people in here slinging new squares at me ,then I'd HAVE to back down on the number of cards ,but so far, it's been perfectly easy to keep up .

So,send me your address . You certainly deserve a card now. You have 2 squares done !

I am now bordering my 1st square .

I chose square number 7 from book 4 .

I like how it turned out. It's very pretty, I think .

Will post my photo when my husband is home with his camera. Mine is here, but his is much faster to snap and upload photos. Mine is old and slow . Like me .:lol

Ooooh, that will be pretty done in claret !!!

Can't wait to see it !!!

Should be done tonight - no sunshine for the rest of the week, so it'll be interesting to see how a pic comes out...

Everyone is sure is motivated on this project, I was a little intimidated about buying both book 1 and 4 since I reviewed the other CAL of 63 and it looked like lots dropped out! I really haven't decied on my colors, though. I Have RHviolet at home and have decided that will be the color I will work around, ........yes I am probably going about this backwards but I haven't been to the store yet to shop, I live in the boonies! My book hopefully will be in the mail when I get home today. The squares I have seen are sure pretty. I am so anxious to get started! di

:welcome

Hi Di -

Thanks very much for signing on with us . This is a pretty intimidating sounding project,and may at times be frustrating, but it can be done .

The trick to completing it is to make up your mind that you are going to do it ,no matter what .

We are all here to help if you get stuck,have a question,etc .

So,we kinda push each other along .

I like my groups to stay really busy with lots of active posters. That also helps to keep people motivated .

If you come in and post ,then no one answers you for hours or days, you quickly think no one cares and give up easier .

That aint gonna happen on my watch .

I TRY really hard to answer people frequently ,and if I don't reach you in time, I have lots of other people who have been really good to jump in and post .

It's a real comfortable group and everyone is friendly ,so I think you'll like it here .

I can't recall anyone using your color either, so it'll be neat to see a new color of squares .

So jump on in. Prop up your feet . Grab a coke,and gab away . :lol

We absolutely love it here. We live on a mountain and can see as far as the eye can see at least 180 degrees, the other is just mountians with lots of trees! it's 4 seasons of gorgeous, though this year I have had about all the winter I can take, it is the longest coldest winter since we have lived here 11 years! I would rather be outside then in so I am sooo ready for spring. Thanks for the welcome! Everyone sounds so cheery and upbeat so that will encourage us all like you said. And yes, voilet it is a odd color, but it was an impulsive buy(ever have one of those??) and have only made a shawl with it, but it keeps staring at me every time I go through my stash so I have to use it! Gotta get back to work! di

Morning everyone or should I say afternoon. I couldn't work on my square yesterday, had to have shots in my left hand. I am feeling much better today and already I'm back to working on my square. Hopefully I will be finish with it sometime today then I can work on putting a border around it. This project is a little scary but I'm willing to get out of my comfort zone and try. So far my width is 8" so I'll be guessing on the length and the border to come out with at least a 8" x8" square or some where close. The square that I chose is in book one , # 7 and consist of puff stitches, very pretty. I will probably be making a few of these squares through out the project. It is grey and raining here in Central New Jersey a great day to crochet and knit. I'm thankful it is not snowing. Speak to you all later. :hug

Welcome, Di!

No time limits here...some CALs Julie started years agoa re still going!

Cheeria, I hope you're okay. Don't stress over size, etc. It's not rocket science...though I should be the one to talk!

I just frogged almost all of my first square - I misread the easy pattern:P

The weather IS yucky here...I hope it doesn't turn icy tonight!

Di

It sounds beautiful there . I agree about spring. I think we are all ready for it this year .

I don't think you chose an odd color, just different ,which is fine . nothing wrong with choosing a color that you liked .It'll be neat to see the afghan in a new color .

Cheeria- I hope your hand feels better ,and keep up the good spirits --we'll help you in any way we can to get through this.

It's a challenge, but sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself,then you are really proud of what you were able to do .

Erica...love your colors...im using RHSS to because i like how it holds up and the price.

Julie...To save you money on postage you can just send me a card after every 10 squares...that way i have to work for your surprise :lol .

Here is square number 56...its called Little hearts and i did it in Aran.I had to leave out a row on this square to to get gauge so you really have to watch every square.

pretty!

Archived