hellooooooooo ladies

hmmmmm its so nice to see ya all working

my yarn and books gonna arrive hopefully tomorrow yaaaaaaaaaaay :yay

so we are gonna start hard work in here for sure :yes

when i start ill tell ya all about the yarn color and square im gonna make

so be patient till tomorrow

i`ll read all the post later all as im sooo busy right now

see ya

Cheeria-- what knit square afghan are you doing ? Me, Jude & Cindy are also working on a knit square one .

Julie, My group on Raverly 2010 Knit a Square A Month are working on the squares each month from this site plus other filler squares.

http://www.hanksyarn.com/2009afghan.aspx

What squares are you working on???? So far I am finishing the February square so I can move on to the March square on Monday, March 1. As for January square I had to frog it and will be redoing it. Most of the people in my group are beginners just like me.

Hi, Jules...

Cindy helped me with the lapghan question...

I'm busy making saltines right now:D

This is probably a stupid question, but, What are saltines. lol I know they are crackers. But what are they in crochet?:think

Erica

I really enjoyed hearing your wedding story. I LOVE talking about weddings . The colors, the dresses, the cakes, everything .

But ,yes, there usually is a LOT of stress involved and usually lots of family issues to deal with,bringing 2 families together and trying to please them all .

Have you all seen the youtube wedding video of the wedding party dancing down the aisle ?

I have watched that so many times, I have worn it out !!!

I'll put a link on here if anyone wants to see it. I love watching them,, it brings back happy memories for me. We were that happy that day -

I only WISH we would have thought of this idea AND been brave enough to do it , but we would have had to had 2 ambulances on stand-by because neither one of our moms was too pleased with the whole thing .

Shay -

I'm glad you liked your card ! It is fun to send them out to you guys .I like sending mail the old-fashioned way .

Cheeria- Yes, I've seen that afghan ,in fact, have it saved to work on someday --those squares are beautiful .

We are doing the Learn to Knit book by Barbara Walker -- we're on here down in special user groups in beginner knitters -- if you wanna come hang out, you're always welcome .

Cindy is doing great-- she's a little more than half done ,but me and Jude just started not long ago .

Wanda- saltines are what we call the small granny squares with just 2 rounds,since they are the same size as saltine crackers .

And nope, it's not a stupid question at all, ask away any time !

Jude- so how are your new color selections looking ? I noticed that you weren'e happy with the match of the variegated ,did you choose something you like better ?

Hi, ladies!

Jules, I chose the Caron Pounder color "Lace". It's a soft taupe-type brown, and since it's a neutral it works better than any other color in my stash..and I DO have a large stash...so I checked.

It's going to be a very mellow blanket...I just fell in love with the pale yellow and Honeydew...and created a problem:lol

I already made a batch of saltines and have 2 rows done.

I ALSO started my 2nd square for this CAL:hook

Jude

Yes, I remember the lace color. I think I used it one time awhile back, but it slips my mind what I made with it. It has been quite awhile ago. I liked it because it reminds me of antique-colored cloth and I like that color .

It will be a stunning blanket when done .

I can picture that on a sunroom wicker couch .

Got one ?

I finished another square for this afghan today, so I've got 14 squares finished now.

Julie, I forgot to say thanks for the card I received yesterday. Thank you very much., it was a day brightener.

Cheeria, that site sure has some very pretty knit squares.

Next 2 Ladies!!That's 8 done so i should get them sewed together.

The first one is called"Round The Columns"its number 38 and I had to rip it out 5 times before i got it right :bang

The second one is called "Bobbled Waves"and its number 58.

post-3370-135897508289_thumb.jpg

Cindy

Glad you enjoyed the card ! And good job on another square !

Shay - your are really cranking these out ,and they look quite challenging. This is definitely going to be an afghan to enter in your county fair when done. Have you ever tried that before ?

You all keep up the good work. i'm going to choose number 3 to start on today and will also post another couple square ideas on post 1 .

hello

the bell rang

the mail arrived

the yan and books are here yuppy :yay-jump

oh im sooooooo excited finally gonna do this afghan

and ohh i love this cream color its awsome

you better add it to your stash ladies

Judy

are gonna use only one color?

if u thought of another then the cream from one pound yarn will go terrific with it

ohh just wanted to note as the pink is not with me now im gonna use a procedure

ill choose a book for each color

for example ill do the cables with the pink

the sage from the first book

and the cream from the other book

21 squares for eaach color then ill assemble them as its shown in the first book

thought this idea gonna be neat

yup as i wanna use all three books and im gonna go away from lacy squares and open work

i want it soft and warm

beside it will take the feeling of beeing bored of working on one book away

Yes

It is nice to have a good selection. If you only have the one book and there is a square that is too hard or you just don't like it, then you won't have to use it, you can use another one .

I'm trying to use the more solid-type squares too.

Some of mine may have small holes in them,because some of the lacey ones are pretty, but I don't want any with big holey parts that might get all stretched out looking .

I'm sure you will do a nice job and will be excited to get started.

I hope you will be able to share some photos of your squares with us so we get to see them as you complete them .

I need to try to get another one done this weekend if I can .

Jude

Yes, I remember the lace color. I think I used it one time awhile back, but it slips my mind what I made with it. It has been quite awhile ago. I liked it because it reminds me of antique-colored cloth and I like that color .

It will be a stunning blanket when done .

I can picture that on a sunroom wicker couch .

Got one ?

I have a brown wicker chair in my office here;)

Judy

are gonna use only one color?

if u thought of another then the cream from one pound yarn will go terrific with it

That is for another squares project...for this one I'm using deep Christmas colors.

I picked my pattern yesterday from the same book as last time: square #44 The Repetition Stitch. It's in Forest (ILTY brand I was gifted last year:))

Oooh, lovely squares, Shaylen. You will be caught up to me in no time, (I actually started my afghan last January as part of the weightloss CAL. I lost interest, because I never seemed to earn the privilege of making another square.) I just finished squares 13 and 14 from the "63 more" book. I had actually started 13 a long time ago, but didn't like how it was turning out. I'm happy to say it looked better when it was finished, although I still don't like it a lot.

Here are pictures of 13 and 14:

post-6189-135897508418_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897508422_thumb.jpg

Hi, just dropping by after a day of doing household work and shopping. I must say I couldn't wait to get outside and get some air after the two days of snowfall that we had. They did a nice job in clearing the streets. I even dropped in at the LYS to pick up another skein of yarn for the blanket I'm knitting for my new grandbaby. I can't wait for June to hurry and come for him to be born, I did start on a new square. I'm hoping to be finish crocheting it by tomorrow. I am really enjoying this project. Crocheting different squares keep me interested and not bored.

Cindy and Shaylen those are beautiful squares. I love seeing all the different squares.

Atha I'm glad that your books and yarn has finally arrived, yipeeee can't wait to see your squares. I am awaiting delivery of the fourth book.

Julie I visited the knitting area. I don't have that book, but as soon as I can I plan on buying it, then I may join in. I love knitting squares and also dishcloths that was the way I learned how to knit for I'm self taught.

See you all later. :manyheart

Cindy-thanks for sharing the new photos -- I really like the one on the right with the shells-it's really pretty !

Cheeria- feel free to drop in and join us if you'd like down in the knitting section. The more the merrier .

Sorry I wasnt in much to post today -- had my grandson here, so spent my time with him today . Will drop in tomorrow and post more then ..

Have a good nite all .

Archived