The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

Everyone is sure is motivated on this project, I was a little intimidated about buying both book 1 and 4 since I reviewed the other CAL of 63 and it looked like lots dropped out! I really haven't decied on my colors, though. I Have RHviolet at home and have decided that will be the color I will work around, ........yes I am probably going about this backwards but I haven't been to the store yet to shop, I live in the boonies! My book hopefully will be in the mail when I get home today. The squares I have seen are sure pretty. I am so anxious to get started! di

Hi Di, I agree with Julie, lots of people here to keep you motivated, and provide positive reinforcement. and just think of the gorgeous afghans we will all have at the end!

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Di...I cant wait to see what you do!!

Cheeria.....Mine are coming out at 8x8 to but im just going with it!

Julie...I know what you mean about the weather...i am so sick of the cold and rain and ice...it was up to 56 today but i just saw on the news that we are going to get more snow tomorrow :(....will send you the PM with my address in a sec.

Judy....cant wait to see one in Claret...love that color.

Ok Ladies I did something bad :blush and tried a different yarn because the other kept looking holey....i dug out some Vanna yarn that i have a ton of and tried that and it is working so good that i was on a roll and got 1 done last night and 1 today....I think that the cables show up so much better...so what do you think should i go with these??

post-3370-135897507117_thumb.jpg

Shay

They have all been very pretty . Would you use all Vanna's white, or other colors too, and wasn't your other yarn like a tan color ?

Would you want to use both together ?

I think they all look nice ,so it'd be up to you . If you like this yarn more then you could go with it ,or if you like the color more .

Vanna yarn is really nice yarn ..Soft and thick and nice . I usually end up with RH because of the price, like I said .

I guilt myself out of a lot of stuff ,since I don't work, I don't think I should spend that much .

I don't know WHY I do that. My husband couldnt care lesss if I spent his whole paycheck on yarn just so we had food in the house and the bills got paid ,but I always like to go the bargain route .

I really do like the Vanna yarn though, it's very nice yarn .

RH without the rough feel .

Shay

They have all been very pretty . Would you use all Vanna's white, or other colors too, and wasn't your other yarn like a tan color ?

Would you want to use both together ?

I think they all look nice ,so it'd be up to you . If you like this yarn more then you could go with it ,or if you like the color more .

Vanna yarn is really nice yarn ..Soft and thick and nice . I usually end up with RH because of the price, like I said .

I guilt myself out of a lot of stuff ,since I don't work, I don't think I should spend that much .

I don't know WHY I do that. My husband couldnt care lesss if I spent his whole paycheck on yarn just so we had food in the house and the bills got paid ,but I always like to go the bargain route .

I really do like the Vanna yarn though, it's very nice yarn .

RH without the rough feel .

I'm the same way Julie...i usually go with red heart to because of the price even though my DH has been known to spend the last 5 dollars in his wallet on yarn for me....The Vanna yarn that i have was on sale at walmart not to long ago and my DH came home with 5 bags(its the 7oz skeins) full of it and i was just saving it for something special.I just love the feel of it and it seems to work up better on these squares.....the color is silver blue but its hard to see in the photos.I think im going to keep going with it and maybe add another color down the road....see what DH thinks because i want to keep this afghan.

Shaylen, the squares made out of Vannas do look really nice.

I have bunch of 7 oz skeins of Vanna yarn that was gifted to me. I don't know if it's enough to make an afghan, but after seeing your squares I'm going to check it out.

Thank you...its just so much easier to work with on these squares...im not sure if i have enough either but i can always get more in the same color or another or mix it with redheart.....we will see.

Shaylen, I love your cable squares, they do look very nice and soft. I am also using Vanna Yarn for that is what I have on hand. I haven't ordered the Cable book yet maybe I should treat myself to it for I like how the cables look. Are they hard to do????

Shaylen, I love your cable squares, they do look very nice and soft. I am also using Vanna Yarn for that is what I have on hand. I haven't ordered the Cable book yet maybe I should treat myself to it for I like how the cables look. Are they hard to do????

Nope they are really easy once you get gauge right...i love them and i also like that there are NO holes!!

Shay

Well, then I say go for it ,if you have that much of it and you like it so much. The color sounds very pretty . I wish I could see it better. It looks white in the photo . Our walmart has some Vanna's but not a big selection of colors and not any silver blue .

It definitely does make pretty squares !

One more question before I say good-nite. I completed my square and I put one row of sc around it , should I put two rows of sc???? I put 25 sc going around each of the 4 sides, with 3 sc in each of the 4 corners. The book did the edging a little different can I get away with the way I did mines. I will not finish off until I get an answer. If it is ok I will finish off all my squares the same way, for as I said before this is a first for me. Good-nite everyone.:sleep

Shay, your work is very nice! I agree - the Vanna does work up beautifully and you get a nice thick square. You can always mix both yarns but you may find the RHSS might need a larger hook aor bigger edging to work to the same gauge as the Vanna,

Do whatever makes you happy - crocheting is an art, not a science, so is up to our interpretation!:hook

Morning cindy

It's reakky quiet in here today .. Everyone is either real busy or back in bed for a late snooze since it's cold and grey out again .

Come on spring ..... how much more can it snow ?

I'd think the machine up there would be running low soon, wouldn't you ?

I get up early to feed the pups (Susie in particular - needs food with meds) so I checked in.

I frogged my first square but am back at being half finished with it...so after a food store jaunt I'll be picking it up again.

Well gals....I started this last night. I had decided to make them in the order that they are put together in the diagram. By the way, I started with the sampler book and then switched to the second 63 square book. After almost 3 hours I gave up! I have come to the conclussion that I can NOT crochet cables! I also decided that I am NOT a fan of FPDC! My counts were off and I never had the amount of cables or front post double crochets that they say I should!

May try again this evening but if I can't get the hang of this I may just drop out of this CAL ~ Hate to say it got the better of me! I didn't even sleep well because I was so angry! :angry

Deb

Boy, I'm sorry to hear you had so much trouble, but yea, those cables can be a pain in the rear and the fpdc can also give you fits --they take a lot of time and patience .

Maybe you can choose some other squares that don't have those in them ?

Think it'd help any ?

I hate to see you give up already, but it's ok if you do. No pressure either way.

We certainly don't want this to feel like a chore to you, it should be fun .

I'll help in any way I can, so just give me a holler if there's something I can do .

Morning everyone. I am so happy that I finished my first square. I decided to just border it with one row of sc. My square did equal 8" x 8" no matter what I did I couldn't work it out any closer to guage. It's okay for I am quite hasppy with the way it turned out so it's a keeper. As soon as I get a break from caring for my grandbaby which is what I do every day I will get a picture posted. Until that time have a great crocheting morning. :hug

Deb

Boy, I'm sorry to hear you had so much trouble, but yea, those cables can be a pain in the rear and the fpdc can also give you fits --they take a lot of time and patience .

Maybe you can choose some other squares that don't have those in them ?

Think it'd help any ?

I hate to see you give up already, but it's ok if you do. No pressure either way.

We certainly don't want this to feel like a chore to you, it should be fun .

I'll help in any way I can, so just give me a holler if there's something I can do .

Thanks! I'll give it another try and maybe that would be a good idea...leave those squares out...why didn't I think of that? :think Between the 3 books I have I'm sure there are 63 squares that DON'T have those 2 stitches in them. Yeah!!! :yay I feel so much better now!

My books should be on the way. Son said he was sending 2 of them today. One was cable, not sure about the other. I want to get special yarn for this one. Saw some really pretty RH Flecks in a creamy color on net. Can someone tell me how much yarn it takes? Want to order yarn but don't want to wait for books. Son is sometimes slow in sending stuff but I love him for thinking of me.

Archived