The ~63~ Club

JulieKay

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great ,Cindy !

You are ahead in the race already ! You have all the books and a good start on your squares ,so somewhere along the line, you can take a break so we can all catch up, right ?

I'm glad you got the other book and like it. I like the photos in this one, it is really nice .

Jude- I KNOW you could juggle a bunch of things at once, you are good at that,and crank out the projects . I seem to be like an army jeep stuck in the mud. I have the ideas, but get sludged under when it comes to completing things. That's why I TRY to pace my projects, but sometimes just can't help it. I'm kinda like an alcoholic, only with yarn and CAL's .

Lisa- so how do you like it down in that area ? Pretty hilly, huh ? Are you anywhere near Belmont ? I have no clue how close that is to MF ,but it is in the general area. My all time favorite cousin lives there. She is a sweetheart . If you want to meet new friends, let me know, she'd be a great friend, and welcome you with open arms. A REALLY nice person and very funny .She'd probably be around your age, I think she's 10 years younger than me .

And your yarn color sounds very pretty .

Tab- are you looking on amazon or on the one Cindy mentioned ? Amazon only had 2 ..

I havent checked ebay -- has anyone else tried there ?

I know it is REALLY hard to locate ..

By the way,we'd LOVE to have you join us. I have missed you more than you know .

Life without you is like biscuits without gravy .

Hi Julie-O. I tried both sites with no luck. What is the exact title of it, maybe I have it wrong. I really like the cables one and will probably just stick with that one anyways. :yes

And no worries biscuit, the thick and lumpy gravy is always here. :lol

Tabby the second book is still on the Karp styles site, I just checked, there are two left.

Try www dot crochet-knit dot com. (sorry a direct link won't work) On the side of the page click on crochet patterns, go to afghans, and book "63 more easy to crochet pattern stitches" is in the middle of the page.

There is also one copy of this available at an Amazon seller:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=63++more+easy+to+crochet+pattern+stitches&x=15&y=18

Here is a link at Amazon to the book "63 easy to crochet pattern stitches". I think this is the first one, and the 63 more is the second one.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_8?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=63+easy+to+crochet+pattern+stitches&x=18&y=16&sprefix=63+easy+

Hi Ladies!!

I would like to join this one...i have the 63 Cables one and started on it awhile back but couldn't get the gauge right and didn't like the colors i chose so ripped it out....I would like to start again and do it in Cream and Tan.With the cables i have found that you need a lighter color for the stitches to show.

Pretty Please :hook

Shay

You certainly don't need to beg ! We'd love to have you join us !

I believe we're gonna try to bump up the start date to right away here, so anytime you gather up your stuff, we'll be about ready to kick off .

I will be excited to see some of those cable squares. They look beautiful in the book .

Thanks for signing on !

Sounds great Shay !

Then we'll make it a date !

As soon as you're ready, come on in, we'll be here .

With bells on our toes

And rings in our ears .......... ( or is that RINGING IN THE EARS ?)

Anyhow, I'm getting excited now .

Ladies, I think we have a good CAL getting ready to start .

Maybe I can do like RoseRed did on her first page and post links to the finished photos. I'm not real good at that end of things, but I can try .

ok ladies --

Start date has been bumped up to today,so anyone who has all your equipment in place and is ready to start, I have added a new little square-choosing system onto post one .

If you want to use it, it's fine, and if not, it's fine, too .

Just thought it might add a little fun to the mix ..

Good luck ! And I am working on my last FG strip, so should be wrapping it up and ready to start in here by morning !!!!

I'm so mad...I ordered my book from Joannes.com and it was shipped yesterday. Got my tracking info from FedEx and it looks like it won't be delivered until the 26th! I know it said for standard shipping it would take 7-10 days, but a lot of times things arrive sooner--but with the actual tracking information I'm assuming I won't see it before the 26th. I'm going over to Joannes today and see if they carry it in the store, I can't find it anywhere else. I can only find the Cable Stitch book and I want book #1 from the first post. IMO if you are paying almost $6 for shipping for a booklet, it shouldn't take that long! I would have been better off buying from eBay. Oh well, at least I'll have more time to pick out the yarn, and finish my other WIP.

Update:

Found the book at Joannes, I wish I had checked there first! I also picked up yarn to start with, I'm going to take the risk for mismatched dyelots--I just can't afford to buy it all at once right now. I decided on TLC Cotton Plus in cream. I used it for a doll afghan and I loved working with it.

Erica--

wow, I know what you mean about waiting on those orders. It can sure get frustrating .So did you end up canceling your mail-in order or was it too late ?

Maybe someone else in the group that needs the book would work a deal with you to buy it, I'm not sure, but if you are interested in trying, you could toss it out and ask ..

I'm glad you found the book and some yarn to get you started. You can begin now whenever you want !

Tab- I hope you are able to make it out soon to get your things too .Have you thought about colors yet or are you gonna wait and see what strikes you when you see it ?

Hi everyone, I'm excited to begin working on my squares. I have most of everything I need to start, so I guess I'll decide on a square this week-end and begin. I like the new idea in the first post about choosing a square, so I will be using that when I pick out my square.

Tabby-O

Thanks for the compliment . I aim to please in this establishment . :D

I am waiting to be totally AWED and AMAZED by all you guys' squares photos . I went today and got some real cute cards and stickers to send you folks when I see your photos of a completed square .

I hope you get to get hold of your yarn soon so you can begin . Do you have any laying around that you might use as a beginning color ?

Cheeria --

I'm glad you like the number challenge game. I think it'll be fun doing it that way -- add a little more excitement to it, rather than just going from one square to the next . :hook

Hi! I just ordered the first and the last book, the Last one I just couldn't resist though I think it will be too open for what i want but the squares look great! It said 1-2 days at 123stitch! I don't have a camera, so there won't be any pictures but I am afraid there will be lots of questions. And have to go shopping for yarn, I am clueless to what colors to go with. Though I have to admit I really really like the sound of Pink, sage and creme! I don't have the internet at home so I will anxiously be await till Monday! diane

Archived